Anonymous
Years ago

Shannon Seebohm collapses at shoot-around

Any news?

Topic #13778 | Report this topic

Frog 18  
Years ago

for those on here who arn't mind readers, anon is referring to Boti's mention in the paper today that Shannon collapsed while shooting around with Brad Hill.

Reply #160844 | Report this post

Frog 18  
Years ago

SOUTH Dragons' South Aussie guard Shannon Seebohm was in hospital in Melbourne last night after collapsing during an informal shoot-around with Brad Hill.

Seebohm, originally from Millicent and recruited out of the AIS, had to be revived.

The rest of the story is at the bottom of this piece on 'Eze'

Reply #160846 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Hope he recovers, from what it said in the paper, seemed pretty serious.

Just in the middle of a shootaround, then to drop, then have a seizure...man..

All the best to him, and family.

Reply #160849 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

I though Hendrix was the only Dragons player with a heart problem......1 rebound in 31 minute, FFS!!!!!!

All the best to Bomber.....hope it all works out.

Reply #160854 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

As he went into a seizure, Hill rushed for assistance and staff at the Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre applied CPR to revive him when they found he was not breathing and did not have a pulse.

Paramedics also treated Seebohm, 19, and took him to hospital where he remained unconscious and underwent tests last night.

Sounds very serious - hope things turn out OK.

Reply #160863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thoughts go out to Brad too. Would have been scary.

Reply #160870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now i know Brad Hill has an ugly jumper and his clip is terrible but its obviously gotten worse... for someone to collapse from rebounding for him!

Reply #160871 | Report this post

Qlder  
Years ago

He is in an induced coma. I hope he comes good and quickly.

Reply #160877 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

ABC Online Article

Don't know the guy, but get well soon mate.

Reply #160879 | Report this post

Cat 15  
Years ago

Damn thats bad. Terrible stuff. I sincerely hope he gets better soon.

Reply #160880 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

It had in the herald sun today that they suspect its heart probs.....they were waiting on test results

Could be a tough break for him if it is

Reply #160881 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Those making jokes about this (yes even you DICKO), could we maybe refrain from that sort of behaviour? This is obviously pretty serious and the last thing people should be doing is making light of the situation.

Reply #160882 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

And I do hope everything ends up fine with Shannon.

Reply #160883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Prayers, love and heartfelt support to the Seebohm family. May the Lord protect and watch over a great young man with an enormous smile and humble attitude. Come good soon mate!

Reply #160888 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Don't think what I said was in anyway meant to make light of Shannon's situation. Although in fairness, the seriousness of it wasn't necessarily know when I posted my comment.

If I offended anyone I sincerely apologise. With absolutely no sarcasm intended.

Of course I wish all the best for him.

DICKO

Reply #160889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hope u get well soon shannon buddy!

Reply #160921 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

read about this this morning and have been at work all day, just want to show my support for his family and hopefully he makes a full recovery.

Reply #160924 | Report this post

patto  
Years ago

To Pete and family, hope all goes well and i will praying for Shannon!!

Reply #160931 | Report this post

Heartless  
Years ago

A player collapses Dicko or anyone collapses and you think it is not of concern. From someone who has a history of heart problems in the family your are a heartless Tool together with the clown who posted an attempted joke about rebounding for Hill. WTF is wrong with some people. When I read the first part of this thread my first thought was concern not seeing if I could make a classless joke.

Reply #160937 | Report this post

James Smith  
Years ago

Class act, on and off the court. Take care young fella and get well soon.

Reply #160956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.southdragons.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=73368

Reply #160962 | Report this post

John Lawrence  
Years ago

Get well soon, Shannon.

All our prayers are with you and your family in this difficult and heart-wrenching time.

Reply #160967 | Report this post

PPDO  
Years ago

I have just read this, i didnt know.... I to, send my prayers and thoughts to Shannon, Pete and family

Reply #160972 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

" When I read the first part of this thread my first thought was concern not seeing if I could make a classless joke."

But your second thought was to attack someone who has made a classless joke and already apologised for it as sincerely as possible when you're talking through the internet?

Mate, take a pill......you're worse than my wife.

Reply #160981 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Let's not derail this with personal banter.

All the best to Shannon in making a speedy recovery.

If anyone happens to hear anything further, please, keep us up to date in this thread.

Reply #160990 | Report this post

Heartless  
Years ago

Dicko I lost my father and grandfather to heart attacks. So when you hear the word collapse, air on the side of caution not humor. My best wishes go to Shannon and his family.

Reply #160998 | Report this post

balling is life  
Years ago

Shannon is in a Coma and they believe when/if he wakes up he may have brain damage. He was playing 1on1 with Brad Hill, fell over and hit his head and then got up feeling dizzy, then collapsed!!
He is believed to have moved his fingers just recently though which is an awesome sign and hope he gets out of the Coma. Thoughts are with him and his family.

Reply #160999 | Report this post

Grote 26  
Years ago

balling is life - don't ramble on just for the sake of it. He's in an induced coma, which means the doctors have kept him in that state. So there is no "when/if he wakes up".

Reply #161002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They are slowly increasing his body temperature to bring him out of the induced coma. Should be some good news late this afternoon, this evening.

Reply #161003 | Report this post

Izzy  
Years ago

Yes, please only deal in hard FACTS. House is finished for the year.

Reply #161008 | Report this post

NewsTracker  
Years ago

Looks like he is out of the induced coma.

http://news.theage.com.au/dragons-nbl-rookie-out-of-coma/20071207-1fld.html

Reply #161015 | Report this post

BettyLeadfoot  
Years ago

Wishing him and his family all the best. Just hoping he makes a full recovery.

Reply #161028 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He has been awoken from his induced coma and is responding to simple questions. A lot better news than yesterday!!

Reply #161050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get well soon mate!

Reply #161082 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.southdragons.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=73384

Reply #161150 | Report this post

Michael Fildes  
Years ago

With the express permission of Peter Seebohm who is in Melbourne, I advise the basketball community that Shannon is awake, conscious, communicating with people and progressing well and above expectations!!

Shannon will undergo a barrage of tests over the next week, and Peter & Shannon's whole family sincerely thank everyone for their love and wishes at this time as Shannon commences his recuperation.

A true Christmas miracle for all to rejoice as Santa has come early.

Reply #161208 | Report this post

Ball boy  
Years ago

Just listened to an interview between Stan Thompson and Peter Seebohm on ABC local radio in Mt Gambier.
Peter said that yesterday was a good day for Shannon and that he was able to get out of bed for a short time and walk around. he is off all medication.
Today will begin a series of tests to establish the cause of the arrest and long term effects.
Peter spoke of his wish to convey his thanks to all that have spoken and messaged their support to Shannon.
Peter also spoke of the amazing support provided by Dragons at this time.
Best wishes to Shannon, Peter & Jenny

Reply #161406 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go Shannon!!

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,22921747-5006371,00.html

Reply #162409 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:35 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754