Anonymous
Years ago

No banners allowed at 6ers????

read this in a diffrent topic
'Anyone see the sit down goorjian banner that was told to be put down??? ... we spent 45 minutes on that thing and 25 bux haha ... Apprently not allowed to put banners up.. .personally i think its disgraceful.. We have emailed the club to voice our opinions! ANy one else have opinions?'

HUH?? since when hasnt it been allowed??

Topic #13811 | Report this topic

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

A while they used to be a reguler thing at sixers games.

Reply #161314 | Report this post

36er fan  
Years ago

Saw banner then it was gone wondered what had happened to it.

Reply #161316 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

As I said in another thread: Can't say that I agree with that decision at all. As long as it's not offensive and doesn't block anyone's view, banners are part of the personality of the game and should be encouraged (look at the AFL for example).

Nothing wrong with "Sit down Goorjian" at all. Certainly no worse than people in the crowd yelling that out to him anyway.

Reply #161323 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Stupid idea, that rule actually encourages the crowd to yell it out louder and more offensive IMO.

Agree with Isaac, they add personality.

They have already scrapped horns, now banners, what next? Voice box extraction?

Reply #161326 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Lets have old times back i rekon.

Reply #161338 | Report this post

balling is life  
Years ago

Wouldn't you think that if we were allowed to have banners and/or Horns/trumpets/drums etc, encourage people to want to get more involved and into the game.

Now last nite i heard some voice from the Dome crowd that i have not heard for a very long time - and i bloody well enjoyed it!!

Even if there was just a certain section behind the rims (as there's lots of vacancy) where a small group cal blow horns or use musical instruments. i reckon it definitely adds to the game and would hope that those around would follow the lead and find some voice.

sure it can be annoying to some, but thats why it could be situated behind either rim, or up top near the camera man!!

Reply #161344 | Report this post

sorry guys

i couldnt be there last night otherwise i would have added the trumpet to it as well.

that fightback would have been something else i would love to see that on tv

anyone got a copy??????

Reply #161348 | Report this post

Ak-47  
Years ago

is there generally no banners allowed at all or was it just because the game was on fox?

Reply #161355 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Ak-47, being in the South East Corner, up the top, it would only have been on Fox if the cameramen decided to point a camera at it intentionally, for Carfino to comment on his love for Goorjian.

Reply #161358 | Report this post

glow worm  
Years ago

banners serve no purpose - only serve to insult - agree with decision to remove imagine reaction if banners allowed after lucas situation or even now re phil - doesnt seve any good
yell cheer clap doesnt waste time blocking views with useless banners
well done dome admin

Reply #161367 | Report this post

RMM  
Years ago

Shut up glow worm u muppet.. the banner wasnt blocking any views... read the thread first instead of just writing useless crap!!! Look at the soccer, footy any other freakin sport and theres banners and all sorts... Just want the fans to start gettin the dome shakin again. Crawl back in to your Hole Worm Boy

Reply #161370 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Glow Worm Buddy U Just Got Served and i agree with ya RMM.

Reply #161382 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

glow worm - sure, address banners in each case, but can't see anything wrong with "Sit down Goorjian" - pretty tame theme.

Reply #161383 | Report this post

balling is life  
Years ago

Glow worm u need to come out during the DAYtime perhaps!

Reply #161386 | Report this post

i dont know about you but if i went to watch a basketball game and some moron is blowing a trumpet or has a sign blocking my view i would be quite upset about it. This particular sign allegedly wasnt blocking a view but where does it stop.

Reply #161387 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Apparently when it's blocking your view... ;)

Any problem with banners that aren't blocking your view?

Reply #161388 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Re: Banner on Fox, I did notice it on tv and I'm sure it was towards the end of the game (perhaps in the background of a kings huddle)?

Personally I was surprised at the size of it and my first thought was wow it's been a while since I've seen some banners in the crowd.

I'm sure seals had a banner or two last season, so whats different now?

If it's blocking someones view sure get dome staff/security to step in, but if it is not offensive and not blocking anyones view let it be.

Reply #161392 | Report this post

hh  
Years ago

There is always a few clowns who want to spoil the fun for everyone.

Even saw a couple of old battleaxes sitting near me have a go at a couple of small children who were cheering and using the clapper sticks as it was 'hurting their ears'.

If you don't like the noise, the banners and the atmosphere - don't come. The atmosphere is integral to many people's enjoyment of the game.

Reply #161425 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

yet another reason to lose spectators at the game, A couple of years back i was abused for whistling to loud??

FFS, if you dont want noise passion and involvement, go to the library.

Banners should be encouraged, its about passion for our team.

Reply #161428 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

If it is too loud, you are too old!

Reply #161466 | Report this post

Aims  
Years ago

I totslly agree, banners and horns and noise is part of the atmosphere.

Recently i got told that a complaint had been laid against me because of the noise I make.
The funny part is that it was only my vocal noise.

That why i totally agree with me, things like this sure make you think why you even bother going to support your team if you can't even support them without getting into "trouble"

Reply #161504 | Report this post

RMM  
Years ago

Well im still waiting for a reply email fromt he club guys but will let you know as soon as i hear anything.. thanks for the support guys - Except Glowworm

Reply #161508 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Not looking to win points with you numbnuts, I did the consistently confrontational DDFan thing & gave the source of your problems, a face to face serve today.
In the mean-time, I'll sit here & await your fruitful email RMM. :)

Reply #161513 | Report this post

RMM  
Years ago

DDFan got no clue wat ur on about... But good work budy :D

Reply #161519 | Report this post

well i'm 21 and hate the noise how do you respond DB5

Reply #161523 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

They broke the grouch mould after you ELG....

Hang on, I said nothing about MJ, how come you responded?

Reply #161526 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

[quote="eastern lowlands gorilla"]well i'm 21 and hate the noise how do you respond DB5[/quote]
You're 21 & a gorilla? Woooooooooo Hoooooooooo, where were you in the days of conscription, (Mod: Deleted.) Enjoy the peace.

Reply #161555 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Woops, sorry RMM, missed your post.
The person who told you to take the banner down, got a face to face DDFan shake-down today. His stance was, & IS bullshit, so there's no thanks required.
Don't expect any feedback. I'd tell you his reasons, but if he won't, I can't.
I'm such a tease. ; )

Reply #161585 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

DDFan: Is Daniel actually Goorjian's lovechild, who wasn't given the opportunities that SOJ has been in his dad's team, and still hoping that by doing things like this, he will win over his dad's affection and get a place in the Kings roster and play a lot more minutes than he really should be entitled to? :D

Seriously though, we didn't actually see/hear from him directly - only via one of the other Dome staff members on the night, and no response to the e-mail yet, so please enlighten both RMM & I.

Cheers for your help.

Reply #161603 | Report this post

oh isaac, you know how much i love to see morons try and insult me. you really shouldnt have deleted his post

Reply #161635 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Kev & RMM, the reason is that pathetic, that you wouldn't believe it if I posted it here.
I also won't name the person that I spoke to, but he has the final say.
What I can tell you though, is that you will not get a reply to your email.
Not good news I'm afraid. : (

Reply #161708 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I agree that "Sit down Goorjian" is tame but I also agree with the club to not allow banners. Who is to say that if a tame banner like this is allowed, what it will lead to in the future. You can't guarantee that they will all be tame. You can't trust the fans to make a judgement on what is acceptable and what is not. You just have to look at some of the insults people on this forum have for each other. We may all be united in our passion for the sport but we are not all united in treating each other with respect.

Reply #161780 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

maybe skip can start a new company called "rent a banner" ,think u will find he might have some of the old seals ones laying around doing nothing.

Reply #161782 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

EC, the security staff check banners on the night.

Reply #161789 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:28 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754