Fill Smythe
Years ago

Chappell vs Kings, impact on the crowd

Although he did move better last night, stats of 6,5&1 on 2 from 10 shooting in 26-33 mins have to spell the end for him.
Crowd figures of just over 4000 should ring alarm bells with management.
The fans are making a statement by staying away when there was nothing else on.

Topic #13817 | Report this topic

Joe M  
Years ago

WTF fans staying away because he has been playing crap.

On average 4183 last night was a good attendance and it has been this way for a few years. Anywhere above 4500 people would be considered good.

People are not staying away because the team is neither good nor bad; they are staying away because basketball doesn't market themselves to the average supporter. If the team had a winning record at this stage of the season the Sixer would only be getting about 800 more per game. Big crowds wouldn't turn up until the finals (even then 3 years ago they didn't get past 70% full)

Reply #161369 | Report this post

RMM  
Years ago

Would be good to start getting that place up and shakin...i think the bring a mate situation next week is a good idea! might pull some more fans! lets hope we get a win

Reply #161376 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

This Thread has no F@#$ing Idea!. Leave him alone

Reply #161379 | Report this post

justin  
Years ago

kobe are you chappell

Reply #161381 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

haha seriously cmon its a stupid opinion.

Reply #161384 | Report this post

ChrisBlakemore  
Years ago

I'm always rostered on to work game nights and don't usually mind losing a nights pay to watch a game. The fact he's still on the team shows the club isn't serious about getting anywhere this year. This frustrates me.

Reply #161385 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Nothing else on? are you retarded? Enchanted was on, and Paul Van Dyke was on today. there like, oh I don't know, about 4000 for Paul Van Dyke, and god knows how many for Enchanted.
So that could possibly be another 500 or so people from the crowd missing

Reply #161390 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Would you really want to put a mate through that first half of basketball?

Reply #161391 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Kobe, you do concern me. So you obvioulsy consider that the club has invested substantial money wisely into our import do you? All imports are expected to perform or they must go. In this case, he has stayed and paying customers deserve much better.

Reply #161395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What if mal just doesnt have the money? And we're no better off than Hawks or Razors? Could fans accept that?

Reply #161404 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crowd attendances have rarely been to capacity since they moved the season from winter to summer. IMO this is an issue.

Reply #161405 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

But they have been better than they are, indicating that the change hasn't been the only cause.

I think both camps in this thread are right - a new import could only really increase crowds, but probably not by more than 500/game. Might be that they made a change alone that did something?

That said, I think NZ got 3,300+ for Orien Greene's first game when they normally get 2,000-2,500. Apparently there was some "come and see a former NBA player" marketing for that.

Reply #161413 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

bring back trimmingham and the crowd numbers will go up.

Reply #161418 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

IMO, the clubs attitude toward Chappell would be having an effect, seems to me that by not cutting him they are acknowlegding that this season is a write off.

If club people carry that opinion, then why would the "occasional" attendee come along, "if the club isnt bothered about this year, why should I be?"

Of course the teams results are the biggest drawcard so, sack Mike, get a player (big name or not) who can help us win games...win more games...more fans will attend, must be honest, of all the problems business's can face this seems an easy one to fix, win games..they will come (have you ever seen a final not sold out?)

A couple of weeks ago when discussing a game result in the forumn here i asked "is it time to say who cares" that was how i felt the club saw that result..and the rest of the season.

But maybe i am just being cynical and suffer disapointment syndrome.

sack whoever you want..if it means the 36ers win games!

Reply #161421 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Boti has not let up today: Import farce now embarrassing

If they're waiting for Chappell to quit, forget it.

No athlete at 29 wants to believe his best days are done and he will keep battling. Good on him but this whole charade is futile.

If the club can't make the call, fans will by finding alternative entertainment.

Reply #161426 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe there's more to come re blood tests.....

Reply #161431 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chappell will have a mystery disease.

Reply #161435 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

Maybe he has strained his heart muscle..........

Reply #161447 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Moving 'round like a 50 year old, not fully fit.
Just shows a few minutes of his old skills.
Then goes back to fumbling and missing.

Reply #161454 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:52 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754