Isaac
Years ago

36ers announcement on Thursday

Some corporate news - sponsor perhaps? - coming on Thursday:

The Adelaide 36ers will have another full week of training before their game this Saturday night against the Singapore Slingers at home. The team has come out of the weekend's 100  112 loss to the Kings with no injuries, including Captain Brett Maher in his first game back since tearing his calf.

On Thursday there will be a major announcement at the Dome regarding the 36ers and a new partnership off court at 12.00pm.

Topic #13820 | Report this topic

Who Me?  
Years ago

Port Power?

Reply #161429 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Will the announcement be conveyed by way of giant banner?

Reply #161432 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

gold Kent

Reply #161433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe a GF is involved?

Reply #161434 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

"Maybe a GF is involved"

What does Anthony Stevens and Wayne Carey got to do with the Adelaide 36ers.

FFS if it anything to with Port Power, they can count me out of ever buying a membership or season ticket again. Be stuffed if I want to make the Grand Final only to lose it by 119 points.

Reply #161436 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

heheh yeh..geez who would want to make a grand final, much better be associated with the Cows and to sit out the final series..hmm wait a minute, we dont need to join the Cows to do that...we already going to be spectators in this years finals.

Reply #161437 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Even Joe M has their tipping point!

I don't believe it relates to Port Power so you should be safe!

Reply #161438 | Report this post

36er fan  
Years ago

I will not be renewing my families season tickets if we go into partnership with the Power. The same as the Netball has lost me and I believe others.

Reply #161446 | Report this post

NVS  
Years ago

Read my lips......Will not be a partnership with the Power. It is a corporate partnership.

Reply #161456 | Report this post

brock  
Years ago

Great Call "me" the cows will be lucky to make a gf for a another decade, then they can release their second DVD called "Two decades of nothing"

Reply #161459 | Report this post

Ron Burgandy  
Years ago

Chappelle to sponsor a new import at the club

Reply #161463 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Like it Ron! - was hoping when I read the title that it was an announement naming a replacement for Chappell. Disappointing.

Reply #161467 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Phil should sack Mike Chappell and replace him with Warren Tredrea. Ask Brett to stand down so Mr Intensity can replace him as captain. Then he can be the most disliked captain not only in the AFL but the NBL as well.

Reply #161484 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Three days notice seems a lot when it's normally a 24-hour (maximum) media/interest cycle.

If I was cynical, I'd suggest Chappell goes either the day before or the day itself so the good news of the new partnership can trump the negative of cutting an import mid-season.

Here's some partnerships I'd like to see unveiled on Thursday, but probably won't:

- Mal uses Adelaide City Council links - and State Government backing - to unveil plans for new mega-stadium to be located in Victoria Park

- Adelaide is first NBL team to become feeder club for an NBA affiliate, in this case the Philadelphia 76ers. New team name is Philadelaidephia 7636ers.

(Next one has PG rating; contains sexual references)
- Local brothel gets onboard and gives out free 'hummers' on receipt of game ticket.

Reply #161485 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

If it anything to do with Stormy Summers play house, that hummer better be worth it.

Reply #161493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is GF

Reply #161506 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Joe M wrote:
If it anything to do with Stormy Summers play house, that hummer better be worth it.
Soft c0cks (PGR sanctioned) need hummers. Put your money where your mouth is, stand up, & blow her away (PGR sanctioned).

Reply #161518 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Okay........

I am guessing a new Naming Rights Sponsor for the Sixers?

Hopefully a major company and they give us the money to replace imports that aren't playing as expected.

Or to actually get that new score cube at the Dome ;)

Reply #161562 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Oooooooo 123abc, I'll cut you some slack that importS, was a typo.
Now go to bed.
Sweet dreams petal.

Reply #161580 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

If it's a sponsorship deal, I'd guess its an official announcement re ABC Learning Centres. It's been on the jerseys for a couple of weeks now. And in the keys on our court, plus on two of the baselines.

Or it could be an announcement that all 36ers home games will be covered on 9 Adelaide. They've been a long time supporter of the team, and have been producing the pre-game videos (and possibly the game-night vision on the in-house TV as well) this season, and their logo is on the 36ers.com.au site.

Or a return to including a half-time comp sponsored by SA Lotto or perhaps Jarvis - win a 36ers ball from FT line, Subaru polo from 3pt, and an Impreza from half way?

So many possibilities of what this announcement could be about. I think the first one's the most likely, but some of the others I listed are certainly within the realm of possibilities.

Reply #161604 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Keep guessing I reckon.

Reply #161605 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Isaac, will we finally see something fill that big hole above our team logo on the jersey, other than that tiny like that reads "ABC LEARNING CENTRES"?

Reply #161606 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Maybe Triple Zero are the new sponsor - and in line with that the club is replacing Chapell with Orlando Woolridge who by now should be wide enough to wear 000 as his jersy number :)

Reply #161632 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

DDFan: I wasn't talking about one specific import, rather, any import in the future who is playing badly.

Reply #161879 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

and the answer is??

Reply #161901 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

damn, its still only wednesday ..it mustbe that 24 hour media interest.

Reply #161904 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

me, won't necessarily be an exciting announcement for fans, so don't get your hopes up. More of a corporate thing. Not bad for the Dome, but most fans would think "Oh, boring!"

Reply #161907 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

cheers Isaac

Reply #161908 | Report this post

NVS  
Years ago

It is someone that they have been working hard to get on board since well before the season started.

Reply #161919 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Mad Mal IV in " Way Beyond The Blunder Dome " starring John Howard as coach "Feels Strife" with Bert Newton as "Sidekicked Steve" cameo by Schappelle Corby as "The Dodgy Importer" and the dome rat as "The dome Rat" this nightmarish story about an aging basketball team struggling for fans , survival and to keep its dome from being transformed into a rat infested geriatric learning center is to be shot on location on a minimal budget with an undisclosed duration .

(Mod: Harsh, but funny.)

Reply #161930 | Report this post

Basket66  
Years ago

Rumour has it Telstra will be the new sponsor.
and before anyone adds a reply, no! they will not call it the Telstra Dome

Reply #162018 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:24 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754