Isaac
Years ago

Cairns sign new import Jared Newson

SKYTRANS CAIRNS TAIPANS SIGN NEWSON!

The Skytrans Cairns Taipans have announced the signing of American guard/swingman Jared Newson for the remainder of the 2007/2008 season subject to contract approval from the National Basketball League.

Newson; at 6'5" was a Tennessee-Martin College player, who recently spent the pre-season with the Dallas Mavericks in the NBA and the NBA Development league. Newson also had stints with Bayer Giants Leverkusen in the German league playing 37 matches and averaging 13.3 pg.

Newson; described as an athletic scorer with excellent defensive qualities, will arrive in Cairns today to start training with his new club and teammates.

Looks like he can dunk...

More here:

Topic #13841 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dont u love proactive teams who dont stuff around...

Reply #161678 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Newson played with the Dallas Mavericks in the NBA pre-season as recently as October 23 before being waived I think.

Reply #161679 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Looks like he can dunk...

So could Brett Rainbow

Reply #161685 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

This is getting embarrassing!!
How do the 36ers expect people to turn up and even encourage friends and family to go to games if the club isn't showing that it is doing everything possible to win games???
If they don't make a change the stadium could be almost empty by the end of the year.
Good luck with future tickets sales.

PS
Has the NBL heard of this new idea called advertising????
I am a diehard Basketball fan and even I didn't know the All-Star game is on Wed until today!!!!

Reply #161688 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

I'm confused Aussieballer ... are you saying this is Jared Newson's fault?

Reply #161692 | Report this post

brock  
Years ago

Yes SVD i think he is as well as the two imports NZ have signed too

Reply #161700 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Ignoring smartarse comments...
Other teams are able to find near NBA talent players quickly when they need to.
ie Greene and Newson
But the 36ers are doing...........??????

Reply #161704 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Aussiebballer, there are countless threads on here about the Sixers lack of action. This one doesn't need to be turned into another one, nor was it created with that intention, hence SVD's comments.

As for marketing, same thing. It has been brought up plenty of times and it is something that NBL fans will have to get used to.

Reply #161705 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Fair enough, just frustrated I guess :(
I watched some of the Dallas Pre-season and Summer League games and Newson looked good in limited minutes. He should be a good addition.

Reply #161710 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Thanks twenty four but I kinda was being a smartarse :)

I feel ya frustration Aussieballer!

Reply #161713 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

looks like a nice dreamteam prospect, should fit in at SG at the expense of Grabau or Boodnikoff. Cairns are still a chance this year.

Reply #161726 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Total frustration to all that care about club
So we will keep talking about .
When we dont care anymore we wont be talking about .

Reply #161730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #161733 | Report this post

doddobird  
Years ago

The German Allstar Game Dunk contest. Players from lower leagues can qualify for the dunking and 3pt shooting. The year I went some guy who looked less than fit (boonie lookalike) won the 3pt shootout and a lower league player won the dunk contest. Good idea? Who would do well out of ABL?

Reply #161744 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:49 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754