Mark Nash
Years ago

Smyth's Comments in Advertiser

"Mike's the first player we have cut in our time here..."

Oh really?

What about me?

(Mod: For those few who don't realise, and just in case, the posters in this thread are not actually Mark Nash, Paul Maley, etc...)

Topic #13850 | Report this topic

Paul Maley  
Years ago

And me!

Reply #161830 | Report this post

Paul Rees  
Years ago

What about me??? Surely I had another dollar left in me

Reply #161835 | Report this post

Paul Maley  
Years ago

Hilarious.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good intetrview hey Phil.

Reply #161838 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Has he been the first guy cut in-season?

Reply #161840 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

I believe thats what Phill meant.

Reply #161843 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Some idiots on this web site never miss and opportunity to kick Phil but hey don't let fact get in the way of a good story.

FFS guys it getting real old, either support Phil or STFU because he will be coach until, the end of the season and the continual whinging about him is just sicking. Not one listens to idiots who whinge on the internet.

Get over yourself

Reply #161845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thomas, Farley, Horvath and now Chappell. Not a great record Phil!

Reply #161847 | Report this post

Paul Maley  
Years ago

Hahahahah.

Good on you Joe M.

You are obviously the only one out there who still believes the stories.

And if you are happy with the way things are going at the moment then that says more about you.

Reply #161851 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Thomas, Farley, and Horvath were all cut at the end of the season if my memory (which is fading a bit) serves me correct.

Reply #161852 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For god sake, Phil's is talking about mid-season sackings!

Reply #161854 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree with Joe M.

Most of you people aren't even in the know and you're just jumping on the whipping bandwagon.

Reply #161855 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Na good on you Paul Maley (you wanna be clown)

No one gives stuff because behind the key board I cannot control who get sacked or who doesn't and the last time I looked you can't either.

Happy about losing or the direction the club is heading? NO but I can only control my own actions. Either I go to the next home game or I don't but posting crap about someone I don't know (personally) is not one of my favourite past time activities.

Maybe you should stop whining and move on rather than act like a moron by bagging someone on the internet. By bring stilly stories up you're the one who is looking like a disgruntled former employee who is still bitter about getting his marching orders.

Move on or write a book and out him for every bad thing he has done to you, oh that right no one give a stuff about Paul Maley (you not the player)

Reply #161856 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

It is no good walking away from the team if you dont tell anyone why you walked. How can the team fix things if they don't know why the fans are leaving.

Next thing you know, the staff sack all the players the fans support and the coach remains because the team doesn't identify the problem.

Reply #161864 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Hey it wouldn't be the first time that someone said something thinking they were saying one thing but did not throw in enough qualifications. Pretty lame criticism to make in this case IMO.

Reply #161868 | Report this post

brock  
Years ago

pointless thread, how about something constructive rather than just immature pay outs

Reply #161883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Phill sucks! yes he does. How does that make you feel Joe M?

Reply #161885 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Joe.M if we didnt have a chance to air our criticism of the Chappel fiasco and Phils lazy poor training and game coaching and recruiting debacles do these names mean anything to you Inglis Newley Holmes Forman etc etc would we still go to games hoping it would all change or just give up.
This site has a voice which we can use and I believe had some weight to push Boti to put some pressure on club re Chappel. I look fwd now to see season out and enjoy a new import and can only hope Phil is not re appointed for next year so I can continue my season ticket as i can frustrate myself without Phils help.
Success comes from committment and hard work all dirty words to Phil

Reply #161898 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

ive never played for the 36ers...so..i dont know who all these "ME's" are :)

Reply #161899 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just a quicky, thanks Bake.
Also 508 reads in working hours? : )

Reply #161936 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Breheny got cut by a phil finger nail in a game of rock , paper , scissors during an adventorous time out in 2004 .

Reply #161942 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

adventurous , well excuse me .

Reply #161944 | Report this post

Todd Gower  
Years ago

What about me??? I can come back and play as an import! I still got game Phil Let me Show You!

(Mod: Children, this isn't the real Todd Gower. He's probably off setting a new Sabres team scoring record against the Rockets.)

Reply #161955 | Report this post

Phil Smyth  
Years ago

Great Timing, Todd.

How are you?

Well, I have HEARD of you, and it does mean I wouldn't have to actually LOOK for a replacement .....so you're in!

Welcome back, son.

(Mod: Children, this isn't the real Phil Smyth. He's probably praying that Mal will give him that new import before Christmas.)

Reply #161957 | Report this post

Hey there Phil, what's hapnin ?... It's me Mark, Chairman of the Boards.
If your looking for someone I've got some spare time.
I still know all the plays, and even though I haven't been playing much lately, I can still pull the ladies, that's gotta count for something Phil, so whatdya say ?
It can be just like old times, I might even have to grow my hair back....

Reply #161980 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

"Phill sucks! yes he does. How does that make you feel Joe M?"

Hrmm Anon just how many NBL Championships have you won or coached...ohh what NONE what a freaking surprise!!!! Yet as Joe M stats you all think you can blatantly insult him.

I agree wholly with Joe M, its one of the few posts on here that someone has thought about.

Reply #161985 | Report this post

David Hicks  
Years ago

What the hells going on??? How many losing seasons have their been?

I've been away for six years now and when I left all looked fantastic...We had some incredible juniors coming thru..but where are they???

I was so looking forward to seeing a big win when I get out...it was going to be a great Chrissy present but I find out now that we only have one import??

Boy things have changed....

Reply #162085 | Report this post

Fear  
Years ago

Let me know when you are at a game so I can wear my flak jacket.

Reply #162088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My the Corby with yah.

Reply #162127 | Report this post

brando  
Years ago

I totally agree with you Joe M. No one listens to the losers on here that don't have a life and just come on here to bitch and whinge. I must admit I feel sorry for them coz they are obvioulsy completely jealous of Phil coz if they weren't threatened by him they wouldn't keep trying to drag him down and bag him. I think he is the best coach Adelaide has ever had and it will be a huge loss if he left. If Mal is a smart man he will keep him as long as Phil wants to stay. The only thing letting the 36ers down are the wankers on here

Reply #162375 | Report this post

Leopard  
Years ago

brando,

I am sure that the "wankers on here" have not been involved in the 2 statistically worst seasons in 36ers history. Phil has been in charge of them.

Reply #162381 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:41 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754