Isaac
Years ago

Preview: 36ers vs Slingers, Dec 15

Adelaide took care of the Slingers in Singapore last time these sides met courtesy of Chappell's 30 and 20 from Copeland. They'll be without Chappell who's been released but have regained Maher.

Thoughts on how they might match up?

Adelaide should have a clear advantage in the backcourt and in the paint, but the obvious factor will be Grizzard against the 36ers lack of real small forwards. Who would be the best option to play on him?

Topic #13871 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't Chappell playing 1 last game?

Reply #162151 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Reply #162153 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Is he the one with the ball??

Reply #162154 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

He's on the phone to Boti!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #162155 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Isaac, what happened to the press conference with Mike Chappell refered to in this article?

http://www.adelaide36ers.com/36ers/media/news/358/

Reply #162158 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not sure, why?

Reply #162163 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

If Chappell doesnt play were gonna have to start Ballinger at SF and bring Cooper in, I'd rather start Ng but against Singapore he'd be dealing with a 20cm height disadvantage against Grizzard at SF.

Reply #162167 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Well, it suggests Chappell was required for the 12:00 press conference, but not included one way or another in the 11:30 conference immediately prior. That's clearly a deliberate decision by someone. It doesn't really follow that he won't play Saturday though as it may just be that it wasn't appropriate for a guy not going forward with the club supporting a future infrastructure upgrade.

Reply #162177 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

I hope grizzard tears us apart as he is my dream team capt.
Hope helms can shake davidsons tough D and still post some decent numbers at a good clip.

Reply #162210 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

sixers by 6pts

Reply #162244 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Isaac, all that photo tells you is that Chappell was not available for the photo, says nothing about the next game.

Reply #162259 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Any curtain raisers this week? Heard there might be a school game, anyone know who?

Reply #162269 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Bibs vs Shirts.

Reply #162270 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

EC, he wasn't at training which is what I was trying to imply. I have been told that he will not play this weekend.

Anyway, who's going to stop Grizzard? Team effort?

Someone (can't remember who, sorry) suggested trying Cooper as a defensive SF just to see how it went - would be interesting at least. But then, so is watching an anaconda trying to eat various animals.

Reply #162271 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Wouldn't think Chappell would play, when he's been sacked and released from playing duties and said his goodbye (ch.9 news)

Reply #162274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boti's article on news.com.au says Chappell won't get a farewell game against the Slingers. Perhaps Phil will give the rookies his minutes (he says hopefully, suspecting Phil will gives Copes all of Mike's minutes instead).

Reply #162294 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Great chance for Burdon. Slingers guards besides Helms are a notch below the rest of the league, I think it's fair to say.

Reply #162296 | Report this post

correction  
Years ago

I'm pretty sure the reason Chappell isn't in that photo is because he TOOK the photo....

Didn't you all know he has been working on his photography skills while all his team mates are training.....? could explain the lack of form......

Reply #162315 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Explains why it was said that he was "lighting up training" - flash photography!

Reply #162317 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Isaac, I accept that he won't be playing if you have been told he wont be playing but the photo alone does not say much. When I originally heard he would be playing this game, I thought it was unusual that he would knowing he had been cut.

Reply #162386 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:02 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754