Ingles13
Years ago

Who's Better: Kavossy or Groves??

Well, had a good look at the allstar game last night and wondered to myself... Who is the beter player out of Kavossy Franklin and Cortez Groves?
I think they are both similar players although kavossy runs the point at wollongong while groves is the SG...

They are both very good scorers. I like how Kavossy can dance his way to the hoop and get a nice layup and I like Cortez's nice isolation midrange jumpshot moves.

Oddly enough, at the end of last season, they basically swapped teams (and roles) as kavossy went from SG at dragons to PG at hawks while cortez went from PG at hawks to SG at dragons.

So im asking all you guys, who do you think is the better player out of Kavossy Franklin and Cortez Groves?

Topic #13874 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kavossy Franklin. Because he plays D and plays hard.

Reply #162181 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

K.....All heart, Baby.....all Heart

Reply #162184 | Report this post

Dirty Day  
Years ago

Franklin by a mile. Groves' game looks real pretty but it doesn't have much substance. Franklin is a big game player.

Reply #162188 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Tez is better, just not fitting in at the Dragons, think back to last year.
And remember Kavossy is on the worst team in the league, anything less than 22ppg from a PG with the green light on that team would be disappointing.

Reply #162198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like this question the answer is Kavossy,

I am a huge dragons fan and have been so dissapointed with Cortez's season. He settles for the jump shot most of the time and hardly ever drives to the hoop.

He was a gun at the hawks last yr but its not happenin with us. I hope hes not retained by hammer for next season. He takes way too many crappy shots.

Kavossy is a team player. He likes to get every1 involved. and hes also a good leader who plays with passion

Kavossy for sure

Reply #162204 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Kavossy by a country mile....

Reply #162206 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

+1 for Kavossy

Reply #162241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kavossy is more of a scorer but his shooting % isn't great so he needs to take a lot of shots to score big number

I prefer Groves

Reply #162243 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

On current form i'd take Kavossy.
When the Dragons basically traded Franklin for Groves I have to say I was a very happy fan - right now, i'm obviously not...

Reply #162301 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Thought the Dragons should've kept the imports they had - both hard workers.

I think Groves is good, but just not working well with Heal.

If you had a Brad Davidson, you'd take Groves. If you had Maher but no one like Davidson, then Kavossy.

Reply #162304 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

"Thought the Dragons should've kept the imports they had - both hard workers."

We missed out on Pepper, and could not be sure of Burston's capacity for Playing time this season... so, as much as I loved him....Rosell had to go. The cheer he got when visiting with the Crocs a coupel of weeks ago was awesome....more than any of our current players got.

That said, Ro would be better than what we have now.

Kavossy versus Groves.....Groves is the better player, but his heart is questionable. Kavossy was a team player who had passion up to the eyeballs.

K would never light it up for 44, but would rarely produce a game of 7 points and 6 fouls in 30 minutes either.

Reply #162306 | Report this post

Coopers Bar  
Years ago

Kavossy.

Brings it to every game and EVERY training. A true leader, is the perfect fit for the young Hawks team.

Reply #162307 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Cortez for me

Reply #162309 | Report this post

wallnut  
Years ago

Cortez is the better player. Kavossy looks like a frog and plays like one. In one word I can say why Cortez isnt having as much of an impact this year.... HEAL. He is destroying the teams offence and Cortez hardly gets the pill.

Reply #162361 | Report this post

Kavossy  
Years ago

Kavossy is a hundred times better than Groves. He plays D, he scores more and is a team player. If you look at the Dragons performance this year compared to last year, it proves that Kavossy is of more value.

Reply #162363 | Report this post

3guardfront  
Years ago

In the words of DICKO - "K would never light it up for 44, but would rarely produce a game of 7 points and 6 fouls in 30 minutes either".

Little Man - Big Heart for Kavossy
Whilest the current situation doesnt encourage the best from Cortez consistently - You can still play with unquestioned Heart!

Kavossy!!!!

Reply #162400 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:25 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754