Years ago

LeBron or Dwight - Who Would You Prefer?

Who Would You Rather Have - LeBron James or Dwight Howard?

If you were the General Manager of an NBA team, and you could only pick one of these two young superstars, who would you choose - LeBron James or Dwight Howard?

Both are playing at MVP-calibre levels this season, so neither would be a much worse pick than the other. It's pretty much a dream dilemma to have really. IMO, Dwight would be the better pick though. His type (athletic big man who can defend and score plenty) seems to be a bit rarer type.

Anyway, make your choice and state your case.

Topic #13906 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

I would go with Dwight as well. I think Dwights team mates would appreciate him much more as Lebron's team seem to be intimidated by him from the games I've seen.

Reply #162624 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I'd be going with Lebron. He proven he can carry a team on his shoulders and is a potential triple double every night. I'd want Lebron taking my last shot to win the game every single time. He hits free throws at a better clip and is more clutch.

I like Lebron due to his skills set. Off scoring night he'll look at rebounding and setting up team mates and running the offence. Misfiring jumper, he'll attack the rim. I don't think Dwight has these attributes where he can change his game depending on the circumstances. Dwight's game is all power and athleticism.

Dwight is way too turnover prone for my liking (as I finding out in my fantasy team), but he's a stud. At the moment he is a 20-15 and a few blocks a night player. His free throws can be a little suspect.

Give Dwight a few more seasons to really develop and increase his basketball IQ (passing out of a double team etc) then I'd take him over Lebron.

At the end of the day I don't think any GM would be disappoint with either player on his roster.

Reply #162627 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

^^^^^

+1

Normally you'd go with size, but LeBron is so damn good you just can't pass him up.

Reply #162630 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Both of them are pretty suspect FT shooters IMO.

Tough choice but I'd probably go with LeBron.

Reply #162643 | Report this post

As if anyone would take Dwight over lebron. Dwight can't score if he doesn't dunk. He gets so many rebounds because his PF is rashard lewis. And his blocks are nice, but he can't keep them in play. Lebron can do everything howard can, but better. You really think if lebron posted up all game he couldnt get 35 and 15 per?

Reply #162666 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Thankfully Ive got both on my fantasy team!

Reply #162681 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Sh!t Kwest howd u manage that?

Dwight for me, almost as good as LeBron now but with more room to develop.

Reply #162723 | Report this post

Ricky Wong  
Years ago

Elg have you ever watched dwight play ? . yes he gets alot of dunks . but thats not the only way he can score . this season he has brought alot of post moves to the table . he can score with both hands and goes to the left more then his right now . and has now brought a jump shot into his game . the kids potentail is scary. no matter who your power forward is garbing 20 0dd rebounds a game is impressive. and talk about strength and he is only going to get better . both amazing players .

Reply #162753 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

dwight

Reply #162771 | Report this post

Ak-47  
Years ago

Id take LeBron anyday, the guy can do it all and has shown that he is a clutch player. While on this subject who would u take Wade or LeBron. Lebrons numbers are probably better but Wade has a championship and a finals mvp.

Reply #162777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wade also gets tugjobs from the refs whenever he asks

Reply #162799 | Report this post

More room to develop??? ugh. Lebrons like a year older. Orlando have a good team as well, where lebron has... drew gooden (worst decision maker in the league)

Im struggling to find out what dwight offers that Lebron doesnt (or cant)??????? apart from being 2 inches taller

Reply #162825 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:19 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754