Grizz_1
Years ago

Hawks Release Import Reyes

The hawks have terminated his contract,

Link

Cant see them signing a new import due to their financial woes.

He was a mistake 2 pick up clearly has a shocking attitude and a shit work ethic

Topic #13915 | Report this topic

XztatiK  
Years ago

They said it was due to 'disciplinary reasons' but on court i dont think they couldve hoped for more in just 23mpg. he played well with the oppurtunities he got. Anyone know what those disciplinary reasons were?

Reply #162694 | Report this post

annom  
Years ago

This really reflects poorly on Coach Cooks though

Reply #162698 | Report this post

Sween  
Years ago

kept asking to be paid?

Reply #162699 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

How many imports have been cut this season so far????

Reply #162708 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How does this reflect badly on Cooks? Coming in everyone was saying what a great pickup he was. Good resume. Looked the goods at the FIBA Americas championship. Had good reports from players in the NBL already. Was invited to a NBA veterans camp. How was Cooks to know about his attitude in practice?

Reply #162709 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

As Grizz_1 said, poor work ethic, lazy, etc.

"He prefers to walk a little too much for my liking and there are times we have to remind him to work harder on defence, but Angelo is Angelo and he says he's working as hard as he can," Cooks said.

Quote from the Hawks' site:
Until last week, the Hawks were winless (0-9) while fielding two imports, which included three losses with the since departed James Peters. But they have faired better with three wins and two losses when Kavossy Franklin was the sole import.

Sturty,

Cut: Phillips, Peters, Reyes, Tucker, Muursepp, Horvath, Chappell.

Injured and replaced: Ellis, Turner, Rickert, any more?

Reply #162711 | Report this post

Chesty La Rue  
Years ago

annom wrote "it reflects poorly on coach Cooks"

I believe its the exact opposite. Here is a coach that is toughing it out with paying his team less than other teams and less than the salary cap, a club in dire financial trouble and yet Cooks won't be compromised by a lazy import. I applaud his decision. It shows true grit, character.

How long did it take for Smyth to cut Chappell?
Cooks cut Peters after 6 games to give his team the chance to get another import so they could play finals and Reyes was coming of a career year.

I would take Cooks over Smyth anyday of the week.
At least I know the team would break a sweat in training, work their butts off and know if an import wasn't toeing the line he would be out of here.

Reyes wouldn't work hard at trainings he would've been a perfect fit for Smyth's team.

Reply #162784 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:43 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754