Fat Bottomed Girl
Years ago

SASI u16 girls team.

Ok here it is the 17th of December with a u16 girls SASI team suposedly going away in mid January (I guess).

Are parents entitled to know:

Where the kids are going

When they are going

What the cost will be, if any

How long they will be gone for

Who is actually going

When they will be coming back

Is this really to much to ask?

Boy, is this thing run by guys or what!

Topic #13920 | Report this topic

dr j  
Years ago

Who is coaching/organising?

Reply #162785 | Report this post

Julius #6  
Years ago

So why don't you ask the person in charge?

Our are you not capable of:

Picking up a phone?

Dialing it?

Understanding that nobody here would know?

Being able to ask the person who does know?

Accepting that it will probably happen in due corse?

That these trips have probably been run for a number of years without problems? Or they wouldn't be running.

In sumation:

If you don't want your kid to go because they are too precious, or you are treat them like a baby, then don't send them!

Reply #162788 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Julius ur an uninformed little boy with absolutely no idea of the issues.

Reply #162796 | Report this post

head band  
Years ago

questions should be aimed towards the organizers - not on teh forum - but you could publicly comment on teh forum about lack of ..... whatever or not happy re ... whatever

Reply #162801 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aletter has already been sent out to the girls selected.The 10 girls are from the u/16 group and the 3 reserves are from the u/15s.

Reply #162867 | Report this post

400 Kilo Fairy  
Years ago

Julius #6 It is very clear from your comment that you are either part of the problem down that way or really have no idea what is & has been going on down there for years.

Reply #163059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is Juluis so far off?
His first line answered everything for mine.

Unless the other person just wanted to anonymously whinge?

Reply #163068 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

BFG,
If you find out when they are going and when they will be back you can work out "how long for". Just in case you didn't know you could work that out.

I like your reference to it being organised by guys. Must be hard accepting that the Prime Minister and Premier are males too. A little bit of a feministic post for my liking.

Reply #163074 | Report this post

Julius #6  
Years ago

400 kilo fairy(fbg),

I know about as much that's going on down there at SASI as I do the Al Green camp. Not alot.

But I know this much: if I want to know the schedule and times for the camp are, I will call Al Green, not snipe anonomously on this forum.

But I wouldn't do either, because if I had a problem with it, I wouldn't send my kid. And if there had been a major problem in the past, basketball being the small circle that it is, we would all know. I accept that things will not a) always run smoothly, and b) always run the way I want them too. I just consider that sometimes other people do things differently. And look at the results for other people's kids, not necessarily whether wingers like yourself are happy that things are done exactly how they want them done.

Reply #163145 | Report this post

400 Kilo Fairy  
Years ago

So Julius you admit you dont have a clue at how things are run, yet presume to know the best way to over come such problems. Thats what the forum is for I guess.

Sure, go ask all them questions yourself, but a word of warning; if you do have a kid at SASI and dare to ask questions you will put yor child on the outer. Sound stupid? Sure is.

I dont have a problem with the program its self. I do have a problem with how it is run and how much power 1 or 2 people down there weild.

Anon (#163068) in answer to your post, re read my original post & (#162796) This should give you an indication of why Julius is so far off.

Merry Christmas.

Reply #163279 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where's Brutus and the gang when you need them!

Reply #163283 | Report this post

you whinger  
Years ago

I do have a problem with how it is run

Ummm, so you admit you are just having an anonymous snipe.

Reply #163294 | Report this post

hey FBG aka 400kF  
Years ago

Did your daughter make the team? I'm serious. If so, has she got her letter yet?

Reply #163302 | Report this post

tnt  
Years ago

Is it not one of the key functions of SASI to provide excellent basketball education to athletes?. Surely this would also include efficient team work and effective lines of communication. Surely two way communiction underpins all successful teams, clubs, families..etc. It is not unreasonable for parents to request to be included in the communication loop, after all without their support there is no team.

FBG, don't you wish you could sit on these whingers who clearly have no idea.

Reply #163309 | Report this post

Julius #6  
Years ago

400 Kilo Fairy,

If you have a genuine concern and ask reasonable questions and are willing to accept that the answers given, whilst different from your original thinking have a definate goal that you might not otherwise have understood. And, that you speak at an appropriate time in an appropriate context, then why would you need to concern yourself. Perhpas you need to look in the mirror regarding whether your concerns are really valid, or an attack on the "1 or 2 people becasue of the power they weild". Especially your decision to bring it up here rather than through appropriate channels. This says as much about you as a person and your ability to teach your child good conflit resolution skills than it does about any coach or program. Have only been around basketball for a while, but seems to me that most people at high div 1 will take a kid with an ugly parent that can play over a kid with a nice parent that can't.

I have had a couple of discussions with coaches of my children, and even the age group coordinator at my club. Each time I have been given a reason or explanation and accpeted that the intentions are fine. I have even understood better the reason for other things that occur specific to basketball. And the people I have spoken too, are thought those "unapproachable" by parents of other children in there team for the same lame "they will take it out on your kid" excuse. I have found that this opens the communication boundry for both.

My kid has not been penalised and I hope that they get the chance to get into SASI, State or any other program available. Not that I would expect tthem woo at this point.

Just as a person question from somebody that deals with a performance based work program, that while vastly different, I would assume has similar workings. ie Highly competitive and cut throat.

What exactly do you know of the structure of basketball and where SASI fit's in?

What are it's goals for a better term than KPI's?

What are your qualifications and results based performances in the field of coaching?

And how do you think that your personal attitude towards conflict resolvement is affecting your child and their attitude?

Again I don't have answers to these questions, and therefore don't think that my opinion is valid in attacking the running of these types of programs.

Reply #163315 | Report this post

the problem  
Years ago

"Sure, go ask all them questions yourself, but a word of warning; if you do have a kid at SASI and dare to ask questions you will put yor child on the outer."

Perhaps the problem here is the way you ask questions!
If you become vindictive, as you have towards Julius in this thread, I can see why you get nowhere.
Perhaps it is you who needs to improve your communication skills.

Reply #163330 | Report this post

fox82  
Years ago

My daughter has asked me if I am Fat Bottom Girl and/or 400kg Fairy. Very disrespectful M ...... but also very funny. This one is me .... fox82

Reply #163343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone know what the web sight is to see what the draw is and to get the results when they play next week ?

Reply #164752 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:54 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754