Isaac
Years ago

36ers import hope delayed

Boti Nagy: Hodge released, but not ready

Julius Hodge is up in the air - but not in a plane the way the 36ers want him to be...

Currently playing in Italy's Serie A with Legea, Hodge was set to receive a release yesterday.

"They've agreed to release him," Sixers operations manager Paul Bauer said. "And we want him here by Thursday."

But Adelaide is racing the clock to get him to town in time to suit on Saturday in Sydney against West Sydney.

He already will miss tomorrow night's game at The Cage against Melbourne and Adelaide is getting antsy at Hodge's desire to fly home to New York before coming to South Australia.

"His wife and child were going to join him in Italy so because he's now coming to Adelaide, there's a few little hitches to work out," Bauer said. "We want him here this week."

Full article

Topic #13924 | Report this topic

Spinner  
Years ago

That doesn't really tell us a lot except that Hodge is delayed and Pace may still be available.

Which option are the Sixers going to pursue??

Reply #162830 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

Pace has said that he is happy where he is now and does not desire to play for the 36ers in the ANBL.

Reply #162831 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'd say that they're persisting with Hodge.

Reply #162835 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he is coming, its just when from the looks of it. Its 1 game later in his eyes but 2 very important ones in ours.

Reply #162839 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Could we no fly hi family over to meet him here, reckon that would entice him. Would also be a great way to show him how much the team wants his services and cares about his entire family. Might help him stay next year(if we want him).

Reply #162859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who is going to pay for that?

Reply #162865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

eddie

Reply #162896 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

from reading it id say it looks like visa issues for his family. they probably arranged a italian visa but havent got the aussie one as yet. hence why he wants to see his family if he wont see them for a while.

Reply #162909 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Just getting on board the aircraft now, from Italy to New York, 24 hours in New York, arrives here on saturday but will not play til wed.26th.
That was Paul Bauer on radio

Reply #162933 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Why couldn't he come straight here and save 2 days? 2 extra days of training with the team. There is not much left of the season now anyhow and could have gone back to his family at the end of the season. I know I sound a little harsh considering he wants to see his family but that is the nature of the career he has chosen.

Reply #162947 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Paul disappointed that he chose the family.
Perhaps it's 'cause they were just about to see each other again in Italy.

Reply #162950 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Disappointing but I can see his point of view, hopefully when he makes it over everything clicks and we can look back and laugh about this minor hiccup as we drink champagne from the winner's cup at season's end.

Reply #162952 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Oh I fully understand him wanting to see his Family, It is his Wife and Kid after all, and family should always come first.

I did think that with a working Visa its a very short wait for family visas to be approved though, none of mine have taken more then 3-5 days.

Reply #162953 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:29 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754