Run TMC
Years ago

Interesting NBA Stats

As you know all know I quite like my NBA facts and figures. I was wondering if anyone has some interesting stats about teams and players this year in the NBA.

For instance, I remember last year that the Mavs had an awesome record when Howard scored 20+

Denver are also 17-1 when Iverson has 10 or more assists (and the loss was in Iverson's first game as a Nugget)

New Orleans were 0-12 last year against Dallas, San Antonio and Phoenix. So far they are 2-2 this year.

Anyone got any more interesting NBA stuff?

Topic #13925 | Report this topic

Run TMC  
Years ago

Just found another interesting one on NBA.com. Apparently LeBron James is the only player in the league whose average field-goal percentage increases each quarter (minimum 50 FGA each period). He currently shoots at 46.5 % in the first quarter, 47.4% in the second, 50% in the third, and 51.8% in the last. Bizzare!

Reply #162854 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

50 FGA each period is bizarre!!

Reply #162855 | Report this post

TT44  
Years ago

that means as a total for the season! idiot!

Reply #162856 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Read something once about Dwight Howard's dunk numbers - it was about how he averages more dunks than 30 other teams (e.g., none of them combine to throw down more dunks, not all of them together).

Around 37% of his made field goals are dunks (Amare's percentage is 17% or so, from memory).

Reply #162858 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

Wow 37% dunks! Probably hasn't been done before other than on NBA Jam (although I'm sure ELG would probably disagree). I wonder what Shaq's best for this would be?

Reply #162861 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Run TMC - C'mon just wait till ELG and Wilt (pre-death) love child grows up, he will average 150% of FG's made as dunks - just ask ELG.

Reply #162862 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

TMC, you want some good stats have a look at 82games.com

They have some crazy categories like 'Post Timeout Performance Offence-Defence' and 'Players Pairs'

Statistically the beat duo in the NBA is Pierce and Garnett followed by Billups and Prince (surprise there). A surprisingly good due is Farmer and VladRad from the Lakers.

They also look at individuals. They have a current article titled 'Can Varejao Play Big Minutes?' which makes an interesting read about his foul troubles etc .

Reply #162869 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Kobe Bryant averages over 40ppg when he is up on felony charges

Reply #162870 | Report this post

Wilt scored with a variety of finesse moves... finger rolls, fadeaways, hook shots... i'd be surprised if more than 20% of his points were dunks.

Reply #162913 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Wilt scored way more on the road , 7.6 Broads per road trip compared to 4.7 LAssies post home games .

Reply #162917 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:33 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754