Anonymous
Years ago

Div 1 Results?

Anyone know the results of the two games played tonight?
Stand-out players?
Referees?

Topic #13937 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Womens - Southern won against Norwood
Mens - West Adelaide won against North Adelaide

Reply #162954 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spud clear game MVP

Reply #162955 | Report this post

So woodville was the only team to beat the grand final winners?

Reply #162963 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

not in the game that counted!!!!

Reply #162968 | Report this post

new 6rs coach  
Years ago

trav leaver - what a gun

Reply #162987 | Report this post

Astor 82  
Years ago

Yes ELG, you are correct. I congratulate you and your Warriors team for winning a Summer League regular season match against the eventual winners.

We are all in awe of your achievement.

Anyone who watched the games last night want to fill us in some more? Any big dunks, blocks, game breaking plays etc?

Can we get a rundown of men AND women?

Reply #163008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West adelaide men clearly dominated North! West's shots were dropping and North's were not! Spud was unstoppable the entire game. Craddock was awesome in first half, unfortunately foul trouble kept him off for a lot of the second half. ALL the guys played great and should be proud of their win!

Reply #163013 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Molitor, Spud and Craddock would have to be the best young (U/21) trio in the league. They are dominating. They have come a long way the last 2 or 3 years (especially Spud). It will be a big test for them this ABA season. A lot of the Bearcats hopes will rest on their ability to take another step up.

Reply #163022 | Report this post

good job  
Years ago

l think the stand outs for the tigers girl last night Was Teresa kinross,Bec Redden Kate Hilton.
What a top job girl for a young side well done all girls played well.

Reply #163033 | Report this post

i dont think West will ever do well until they can get a big (a scoring big, i should say). They can keep getting truslove back for half the season for the rest of their lives but for the finals they will never go far.

Astor 82: thankyou!

Reply #163078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

because your an expert on how to play finals in the abl too arent you ELG.... you hack

Reply #163092 | Report this post

Robbo  
Years ago

l think the stand outs for the tigers girl last night was Kate Hilton.

Redden as always played strong game, made Norwood play D.

Kinross fair, Burke hit her open shots and didnt miss as many.

Norwood got lead back to 10 but Sthn pulled away again.

Sthn hit 2 x 3 pointers in first minute of 3rd quarter and that was pretty much all she wrote.

Reply #163096 | Report this post

smithers  
Years ago

Do the tiger women have beatty, cooper, walker and cannon back next season?
if so, is it a team that can make a run in the main season towards a championship?

Reply #163106 | Report this post

bombshell  
Years ago

Travis coached spot on last night all the girls played good all the girl was strong, very good for the future down tiger land. l thought the standouts were Kate Hilton,Kinross and also Kate burk. Get job Girls

Reply #163110 | Report this post

Ol Rocket  
Years ago

Should also be mentioned congrats to a young Rockets group who did a great job to make the Final, just ra into a red hot shooting West, but the Rockets look like they will once again be strong with 5 players to return for the ABA season, 4 of those starters. Good to see the young ones step up and have a crack.
Congrats boys.

Reply #163116 | Report this post

Not a chance!  
Years ago

Girls strong at Southern in future, that is funny. Kinross one of the best shows how mickey mouse the summer season is.

Reply #163117 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Truslove will be back full time for West next season. Not having him full time was the only reason they didn't play North in the GF last year. Also add Mann and Davis into that team and they will be in the mix with North and also Forestville (who I have heard have recruited very well)

Reply #163124 | Report this post

facts  
Years ago

Truslove wont get anyone a championship, here full time or not. Also heard he is a good chance to sign with an NZNBL team, so will wait and see.
Norwood will still be better than West but agree they will be in the mix, still looks like a 2 horse race to me, North v Forestville GF with North winning again.
One thing is for sure the top end teams will be better to watch than last year, pitty it wont be able to be said for the bottom teams.

Reply #163191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

blake is moving to adelaide early in the new year nice try facts

Reply #163194 | Report this post

no brains  
Years ago

Not a chance that type of comment you sound like a player that has not got any where.l think there lots of good junior in that comp.

Reply #163367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did anyone take into consideration that the Norwood Women were missing 2-3 of their starting 5 and ABA players for the final.

I believe from what i saw one of them very very good defensivly and the other could have easily scored 20+ points.

Result very likely to be different if both were playing.

Anyone know why they weren't playing, one was on bench but wasn't even suited up.

Reply #163748 | Report this post

dr j  
Years ago

Knee Recon, out till next year.
Romeo on holidays.

Reply #163750 | Report this post

spicey  
Years ago

Anon, I have no doubt that Norwood were missing some of their starters but at the same time I'm sure that's not tigers full strength ABA team either.

Reply #163770 | Report this post

hit one  
Years ago

l think the tigers are the dark horse this year wjth more players to come.
If they won the div 1 final with mostly Juniors.

Reply #164226 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:17 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754