Anonymous
Years ago

Does Willie Farley want to return?

Boti mentioned something about Willie Farley but is he (or was he) actually putting his hand up to play for the Sixers again? (not that I want him, orfourse)

Topic #13960 | Report this topic

James W  
Years ago

Who knows...Boti tends to make jokes like that in his articles. Maybe it was sarcasm; maybe Farley wanted to GTFO last year.

Reply #163282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But didn't someone (maybe even Isaac?) suggest that he was putting his hand up?

Reply #163289 | Report this post

Liverpoolfc  
Years ago

Yes he would but the sixers don't want him!!! They didnt even offer him a contract last season for this season.

Reply #163295 | Report this post

Dirty Day  
Years ago

If Farley came back I'd buy a ticket every week. You never know what you are going to get with him. I miss the feeling of walking into the Dome and wondering to myself "will this be one of those Farley games." Of course last year there were not many of them but you just never knew.

Reply #163297 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

I think it was a joke..

I wouldn't mind seeing Farley bacl aslong as he actually tries in defence and gets rid of that his attitude relaxes a little more towards his team mates and coaches. There is no doubt he is brilliant, when his attitude and defence doesn't ruin it...

Reply #163300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Willie Farleys a Gun! If he played defense and respected his team mates and coaches why wouldnt the sixers take him back!

Reply #163316 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

"Played defence and respects his team mates"

Fairly important qualities, I reckon.

Reply #163320 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

FARLEY IS A STAR... TO BAD EVERYONES EXPECTS HIM 2 PLAY ALL DEFENSIVE TEAM TYPE D...
HES A PURE SCORER/SHOOTER...

Reply #163328 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'd say it was a joke about Farley's entourage, though I do believe that he had said he'd be willing to return had they wanted him to replace Chappell.

Reply #163329 | Report this post

James W  
Years ago

"You never know what you are going to get with him. I miss the feeling of walking into the Dome and wondering to myself "will this be one of those Farley games.""

Mate, last year it wasn't "Will this be one of those Farley games" it was "Will Farley actually make a turn around jump shot this game?"

As for the whole respecting team mates thing, what's with that? did he not get along with some team members?

Reply #163332 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

I was a big farley fan and wouldnt have a problem seeing him back, but yea i also like seeing new imports and look forward to seeing how Hodge turns out! Hopefully he is a gun and we can keep him around for a couple of years since he is only 24

Reply #163339 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Farley wasnt the answer last season.....and he wont be ever again in Adelaide....PERIOD get over it and appreciate his past.

Reply #163389 | Report this post

Kobe 25  
Years ago

What are you mad at, never say never, he may be in Adelaide really soon, sooner than you think, but not playing for the sixers, (you didn't hear that from me)

Reply #163395 | Report this post

Achtung Baby  
Years ago

Sixers to bring Farley back!!! cant be much worse. I actually think that if hodge stays, balls naturalises, we could get a farley type, to compliment maher. Could be a good thing. If we can keep ballinger past this year, we need too, and give him much more shots. He needs to shoot the ball atleast 20 times a game for us to have a chance.

Reply #163401 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Kobe 25, whats farley going to be doing in Adelaide if he is not going to be playing for the 36ers??? and if the 36ers wanted to keep him im sure they would have re-signed him at the start of the season so would be surprised to see him in a 36ers uniform agian, but being a fan of his i would be quite happy to see him back, if it were to happen!

Reply #163414 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Definately, aslong as he has learned the lesson of what happens when you don't play D and have an "expressive" attitude. Farley can fix those however, so i would love to see him back.

Adelaide should do everything in their power to get Ballinger back whether he is an import or naturalised. He gets 40 shots up, he gets 46 points. He shot at 50% can shoot jumpshots, 3 pointers, can dunk (except for once...) can use the baby hook and is also a terrific defender and can block.

Reply #163430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was right with you until you got to the 'terrific defender' part.
Ballinger is a very, very good basketballer, but a very, very ordinary defender.

Reply #163467 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Well... he has got his fair share of blocks, some of them pure gold too. Ballinger rejecting Anstey...wow

Reply #163470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Ballinger is agod defender, anon. That was a main reason why he is such a big improvemnet on Horvath.

The thing I really don't understand is why when Willie Farley left everone was say "thank god he's gone!" and now most people want him to come back! How does that work???

Reply #163473 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Different people...

Reply #163475 | Report this post

RMM  
Years ago

Would see the return of the FARLEY BOYS!!!

Reply #163490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac, would it be possible to have a poll either on here or on adelaide36ers.com? the 1st topic could be, would you like to see Willie Farley return (I know if hypothetical, but it would be interesting) The poll would add more interest to hoops sa or the 36ers site (and i'm not just talking about when its the farley question).

Reply #163494 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not really appropriate for the 36ers site. Might add polls here eventually. You're welcome to put something up on a polling site like www.opinion.com.au, but since many sites like that easily allow multiple votes, I don't know how useful the results would be.

Reply #163495 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

The results of such a poll would be fairly predictably spread between those who saw him play last year (NO) and those who are living in dream land (these pills are tasty..)

Reply #163503 | Report this post

Dirty Day  
Years ago

James W, I said in my post that there were not many of those games last season. You must have read it.

Reply #163852 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:39 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754