123abc
Years ago

Ninnis: I still want to coach

On Channel 10, they did a piece on Scott Ninnis and the 36ers Academy.

He said he still wants to coach an NBL club and said "When Phil decides to give up i would like to put my hand up for the job"

I would certainly like to see him coach the 36ers in the near future.

Topic #14002 | Report this topic

vote ninnis  
Years ago

can this be seen on line anywhere?

Reply #163887 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

not really much to see. That was all that was said, it was a segment on his junior development etc. He just really needs to hold out to the end of the season and i think he will get his shot.

Reply #163889 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Don't speak too soon Joshuapending, according to Smyth there has been a "substantial improvement" on last year so far! SUBSTANTIAL?! Yeah right I think it has been a small improvement so far and an under achievement. However, the glass is always half full isn't it Smyth. The tough half of the season awaits us and hopefully the new confidence and Hodge can salvage what is hopefully Smyth's finally season. A new beginning a new fresh start. Ninnis 08! :P

Reply #163891 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Underacheivment? not really.....

Reply #163897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they have definaely underachieved. not in he 8. how many top 8 sides have they beaten so far? one once!

Reply #163912 | Report this post

joker  
Years ago

You guts cant be serious there are a dozen coaches more qualified than Ninnis give me a break.What has he done to say he would be a good coach great guy but get real we wont be supporting that.Dicko jump on mate he is your boy.Might pay to ask around before you start pushing your mate.Do you seriously think his record stacks up against Smyths give me a break.

Reply #163913 | Report this post

joker  
Years ago

Issac we were just wondering when was the last time Ninnis was a Head Coach was it 4 or 5 years ago when he coached a stacked Sturt team ?Kevin Brooks would have coached more recently wouldnt of he as a assaistant and Head Coach of Woodville so lets get him.Hang on lets get Ken Cole he hasnt coached for ever but his record is better than theres especially if you ask him.11 seasons 3 championships missed the finals once last season gosh Brendan Joyce and other self promoting coaches would have us thinking they were super human.Any other coach in the league other than Goorj who has been coaching longer got a better record.

Reply #163915 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Joker, your argument is with little merit. Before Smyth started coaching the Sixers who had he coached?? If we went with your theory then a coach with a record with 1 win and 99 loss's would have been more appropriate to coach infront of Smyth according to you. Ninnis has played for many years in the NBL and has years of experience learning from the best coaches around the league. The guy has done his time and now deserves a spot as an NBL coach.

They have underachieved as mentioned they have only beaten one team in the 8. There was pressure on the coach to perform or he would have lost his job. They sacked their import.... Or were u expecting all this Kobe?

Reply #163916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reading your shit really makes my head hurt Joker.

Reply #163963 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:28 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754