Goorj
Years ago

Ingles Defence... poor effort

Joe showed nothing at the defensive end tonight.
Repeatedly went under on-balls when guarding Maher, Davidson & Ng.... poor effort.

Lack of any intent to double late in the game, seems only intrested in the Offensive end.

Joe seems pretty switched on and a smart player which clearly shows its an attitude problem towards the D. Poor by him when he says on 'starting 5' that he worked on his D all summer...

Topic #14010 | Report this topic

Mantis  
Years ago

Going under the screens was a team strategy. They changed it late in the game after getting burned repeatedly. That's not Ingles' fault, that's Heal's.

But I agree he looks like he's cruising on D. He's not the only one on the Dragons, though, so again that could be a result of his coaching.

Reply #164020 | Report this post

Fox 12  
Years ago

He seems to flop a fair bit too.

Reply #164022 | Report this post

stingray  
Years ago

Can't say I'd ever not show and recover ALL game v's NG and Maher, Davisdon maybe now and then go under but that won adeladie the game.

Reply #164029 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Lets hope there was some serious D played in that game.....Dragons shot 32% and 36ers 35% from the field

Talk about putting up bricks

Im surprised the final score was 119-114

Reply #164031 | Report this post

stingray  
Years ago

Shot clock was only an issue twice in the whole game.

Reply #164032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fezlington

Where did you get whose stats???? They just can't be right be else I was watching a different game.

Reply #164034 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"They just can't be right be else I was watching a different game."

That should read "or else".

Reply #164035 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Fez, 36ers shot 54%, Drags 47%.

Reply #164039 | Report this post

James W  
Years ago

It wasn't a poor effort...

it was no effort.

Seriously, that Dragons team has chronic problems, the main one being one of the blonde coaches, and I'm not talking about Michelle Timms.

Reply #164041 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

Thought one Drag was putting out..
Actually thought Jacob put out a pretty good effort.
Almost like he was treating the game like a job interview...

Reply #164068 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Did anyone else notice the clock not starting correctly in the last minute ? Was taking a few seconds to start from each inbounds - probably added an extra 6-8secs to the game .. didnt affect the outcome, but if one or two free throws missed, couldve given Drags a few extra secs to get back in it ...

Reply #164071 | Report this post

stingray  
Years ago

Hammer is still a great player, coaching is not a 'walk up' role and its not to be underestimated.

It's not the 80's, player coach not an option.

Reply #164079 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Melvin,
I noticed that as well but I also noticed that the shot clock had 2 seconds left when Copes shot it and 1 when it hit the ring but the shot clock went of and the umpire called it Dragons ball.

Reply #164087 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think Fox's clock on the broadcast tends to lag, unless you were going by the shot clock at the venue itself.

Reply #164089 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Sorry Fella's.....i got em off the box scores on the bloody NBL website

Reply #164103 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Don't rely on their live box score (the one with the blue heading backgrounds, etc) for shooting numbers - they've been wrong pretty much all season and never fixed.

Reply #164105 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

The live stats tends to add the *actual* FGM & FGA total, and put that in the FGA total.

EG - in Redhage's 40 point game, he shot 16/24, but the livestats had him as 16/40 (16m + 24a). It seems to be happening in a lot of the live scores.

Reply #164106 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

im fair sure joe took a sweet charge on someone
and im fair sure the teams stratergy was to go under
at least he listens to the coach
u probably dont even play basketball goorj, and y would u use that name, ohh is it because he is trying to get into the aus team, and u wanna sound call pretending to be goorj

ur pathetic

Reply #164107 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:56 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754