Anonymous
Years ago

United get 25,000 to soccer

Adelaide United got 25,000 people to the soccer last night at Adelaide Oval. Anyone know how much tickets cost?

Topic #14027 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not really a suprise, Christmas holidays and nothing else on and good weather. Good to see they got flogged.

Reply #164281 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

25,000 paid and 6,000 free members = 31,000 attended

Reply #164287 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Adelaide really should be able to get 6-8000 people, just if they did some good marketing. Money would be the issue i guess...

Reply #164290 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Tickets were between $20 and $26 I think, somewhere in that vicinity. I went along and thought it didn't compare to a basketball game. Adelaide Oval's not a great venue for a sport like Soccer where you want to be either right on the fence and almost within touching distance of the action, or raised up a bit so you can look down on the action and get a feel for the flow of the game. My spot was neither.

The problem with putting a game on at Adelaide Oval is that there is a massive gap between the end of the pitch and the fence which reduces the atmosphere worse than a running track. Also maybe it's because I'm getting old but I didn't especially like being on my feet for 2 hours. Give me a seat at the Dome any time.

Reply #164302 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

billo

tickets are between $17 and $23 depending on the choice of seat.

Reply #164347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Camel 31,

Attendance was 25,000 which includes everyone at the stadium, including those who got in for free.

Reply #164351 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

There is some argument as to how many were there, as adelaide oval holds 31,000 full house, and some people were turned away.

Reply #164356 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Members wasn't full so wouldn't have been full capacity.

Reply #164386 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Official attendance was 25,000 and people turned away.
Must have decided 25,000 was all they would let in?

Reply #164387 | Report this post

disco fever  
Years ago

adelaide oval is a poor venue for anything more than around 20,000 - went to the cricket - sold out game - everyone was lying on the grassed areas and no where to go - people threw things at anyone that got in their way of lying with blankets out on the grass.

went to security and they said 'we cant do nothing about people throwing things at you".

biggest watse of time and money - have not been back to the cricket for years after going religiously.

soccer only got a big crowd as it was an important game, nice weather and a novel experience.

if it was regularly there instead of hindmarsh - the same crowds would prevail as at hindmarsh - albeit they would try to do a deal for saca memebers to boost the gate.

good on soccer for doing it - it worked - would be like a sold out nbl GF being moved from teh dome to entertainment centre and getting teh extra $ from teh gate

Reply #164401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Basketball is getting left behind because despite the rhetoric, BSA is sitting on its hands with all the participants motivated by self interest. Any hope that BSA would be the new broom to sweep us into the 21st century has faded. 12 months of talk and junior basketball remains a basket case.
Get the base right and problem solved, continue to bleed and ignore it with a 'she'll be right' attitude and the sixer's and lightning will be able to play on the same night at Wayville with seats to spare.

Reply #164402 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

164402 - what would yout suggest is the most important things that BSA should be changing or implementing - I have some suggestions which would include getting rid of the spectator fee, airconditioning the stadiums and/or installing fans. Any others??

Reply #164422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#422. Here'syour answer:
Organise a regular basketball presence in schools, centralise venues to play in, ask clubs to provide refs, no door charges, publish tournament expectations for parents,ie which are 'must play', publish coaching pathways openly, ie 'how to improve', 'how do I coach at SASI', limit the amount of coaches from a particular club to X many and have representatives of all clubs at SASI, have a BSA senior official attend all club's trainings assessing and aiding coaching abiity,reduce the number of clubs, introduce zones, publish career pathways, ie, ABA/L, WNBL/NBL, USA college opportunities, abolish SAC as in a state with 1.5 million its not needed, make district for div 1 & 2 only and all else sub district with pro/rel to achieve higher grades, Run SASI teams in the district comp limiting a clubs involvement to 2 players per week per team and have it rotational, scrap summer season and lengthen winter, look at playing district on Sundays, award trophies to runner ups in finals, have an open challenge final after the finals ie, U 16 take on U 18'setc. look at playing more ball outside, revamp the winter season adding some innovate ideas to energise it, ask how clubs pay for their senior players, get a hell of a lot more juniors playing for SA teams not being oerlooked to play interstate, get new blood into the state coaching ranks, air con every stadium, get a workable easily understood heat policy for juniors with zero ambiquity, make MT Barker and Gawler country and out of the district comp or make them strictly metro and out of the SAC ranks, ask why SASI athletes in other sports get so much in terms of equipment and clothing and basketballers so little, Until zoning disallow more than one div 2 team per club in each level, insist all coaches be accreditied, cap clubs at 40 teams, etc etc.

Reply #164473 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

You have a lot of good ideas there but where is all the money going to come from?

Reply #164494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

until we have one junior season the junior comp is a joke it needs to be made one long season, summer is a waste of time and his more likely to just burn out players and their parents pockets not too mention the workload on coaches run the main seasonfrom feb-sept and actually give the kids some time off seniors included in this

Reply #164503 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:36 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754