DDFan
Years ago

DD calling in a favour ..........

It's gonna be reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally hot tomorrow, & I have to walk to the Dome (& back) to slave my guts out (for free) in the Laundry room. Not that I mind, mind you, but would anybody be kind enough to give me a lift?
I can meet you half way at the corner of Port & Woody Rds @ 08:30.
Thanks in advance.

Topic #14049 | Report this topic

yeah right  
Years ago

This is a joke, right?

Reply #164432 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

DDFan i will pick you as i have to go to the Dome to help Phil sign a new contract.

LOL - I am still laughing.

Reply #164435 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

anyone seen the movie The Hitcher?????

Reply #164436 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

DD - Im sure the person you helped out with tickets your friends in WA had to the Wildcats game would be more than happy to return the favour :)

Reply #164440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You have so many friends in WA, but no one who can give you a lift in SA. SAD. I bet you told people in high school that you did have a girlfriend, but she lived in another state.

Reply #164450 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Im nowhere near the Dome, but find it sad a post like this people feel the need to insult someone instead of helping people...Adelaide you impress me again.

Reply #164452 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

I said not to expect anyone to give you a favour, LOL.

Let me just check to see what you have done to the Hoops SA Community.....

....nope, sorry you have lucked out, enjoy your walk :)

Reply #164457 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Im sure this is a joke.....but ill give you the HOT tip.....call 131008

Reply #164461 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Skud, click on DDfan and read his posts and then tell me what you think. There is a reason he is getting these comments.

Reply #164462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HILARIOUS

Reply #164463 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

I will drive by , toot my horn , probably give you the bird and definitely throw ya a jar of margarine to baste your self with on the warming trek to the dome .
Oh happy new year DD and look forward to your response .

Reply #164474 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

HAHAHAHAHA.....no wait.....HAHAAHAHAHAHAHA...no seriously......ok...ummmm......HAHAHAHAHAAHAHHA...

Look, i have sooo many friends back in good ol SA, .....no wait....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

oh sorry i cant even be bothered :)

Reply #164483 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I'll pick you up.Only thing is I have seen it really late so I'll just drive there and hope to find you. I am the guy who sits near you with the 2 kids.(Don't want to leave my name). To all the above responses, you guys should be ashamed of yourselves. I thought this forum was a way for all to express opinions on there love of all things basketball. Obviously we all have differing opinions and some may feel that someone elses opinions are stupid, ridiculous or otherwise. But to bag someone who gives of there time for free 3times per week for our favourite team and laugh that he has to walk in 40 degree heat is really shameful.Whatever happened to the human spirit? Not liking someone for what you may feel is weird ideas (in your mind)and being annoyed by their posts is one thing but to want the worst for them in a personal setting is sad, really sad.

Reply #164488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon
He can catch a bus. Lots of people do it even when the weather is hot. Some of these Buses have machines in them that actually cools the air down. They also go past the Stadium.
Just because this clown give his time up, doesn´t mean that he can attack people constantly on this Website or that it makes him a better fan. Read his previous post.

Reply #164489 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Hey Anon, thanks for the offer mate, I reckon I know who you are, but I'm heading off early. It's not too bad at the moment.
I actually enjoy the walk.
Cheers

Reply #164491 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Sorry guys, I shouldn't have stressed you out, it all worked out beautifully. What a way to end the year? I caught up with Anon, he tirelessly helped me out all morning, SJ offers me a slab of beer & a ride home, but a beautiful woman snatches me form his clutches, snares the beers & takes me to her place.
Happy New Year guys. : ) : ) : )

Reply #164522 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Delusional Dropkick , wake up man !

Reply #164523 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

It's all true mate, cross my heart & hope to die (do a HoopsSA google & see which numb-nut called it too early). : )
Would I lie to you?
Drop into the Dome tomorrow, from 11:00 onwards, meet real basketballers, & set this site straight.
There's a good boy then.

Reply #164532 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

The woman must have stayed in the heat too long...
Australia's sun tends to do weird things to you.

Reply #164556 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not funny DDfan. Strange yes, funny no.

Reply #164569 | Report this post

Dog  
Years ago

DDfan what gives?
Your previous record set in April 06 was 20 replies.
So far this month you have had 171 replies.
Too much time on your hands ?
Even the poster formally known as xxxx xxxxxxxx makes a more worthwhile contribution to this forum than your pointless dribble.
Perhaps you should start up your own forum like the above mentioned poster.

Reply #164571 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Are trainings 'open door'? I thought that it was players, coaches, and other club officials only who were allowed in during training.

Reply #164580 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Kev, confused about that myself.
I spontaneously dropped by in 2001 & it seemed closed door. I had to get clearance before allowed in. Others have disputed it, &/but at the moment, I'm not sure what the current situation is.
PMing admin would be your best bet.

Reply #164605 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

i have no idea who in the hell DDFan actually is, but seriously dude, your a chump, get your hand off it and off the keyboard so that we don't get bothered by your less than interesting posts anymore

Reply #164626 | Report this post

like others have said this place is degenerating if a volunteer can ask for some help without getting bashed.

gee if i needed a hand would i get the same result.

but wait i have. i asked for some details that i couldnt find on the net about an association. one nice person gave me the information i couldnt find but everyone else bagged me as a freeloader.

oh well at least there are still people out there how hold meaningful conversations.

Reply #164630 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

I hear yah photoball king.
You might be amused by this, lots won't, but my return to HoopsSA was to get another point of view across. My first post which admittedly could've been scripted better, was about a group new enthusiastic attendees who were totally rapt with the game experience. I finished off with a back-hander to the negative posters & had all kinds of comebacks. Some implied that I was a rich braggart, who thinks he's handsome Not even close. Funny thing was, the experience I described, happened on my wedding anniversary. So I wouldn't have scored my too many points at home, adverising my mis-adventure on the internet. ; )
I spent the rest of last year riding Anonymous & other posters for the hell of it.
This thread was indeed a joke. It flushed out the usual cockroaches, but also highlighted that there are some genuine people out there.
Nice work skud & especially Anon.
BTW guys, the beautiful lady who snatched me away & took me to her place NYE day, was my wife. : )

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL

Reply #164644 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

so how old are you by the way? seriously, i thought i was immature at times, you just take it to a whole new level. wow, and i thought the disabled kids at school had problems fitting in (thats not a go at disabled kids by the way)

Reply #164648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DDfan
Sorry she was late, but I am sure she came with a smile on her face. Smartarse!

Reply #165108 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:16 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754