sixersfan
Years ago

Someone to get the crowd revved up!

The sixers need to employ someone who is lively enough to get the crowd going.

We have the tradition of clapping each opposition player once. This tradition wouldn't have started without someone telling us to do it. I remember the game that the announcer told us that is what we have to do, and ever since its continued. They even used to test which stand was loudest before the game. That's great but we need more things like this.

If anyone went to the beach volleyball at the Sydney Olympics you will know what i mean. They had a guy that before the game got the crowd to do mexican waves. He would make the crowd do a slow motion wave and then a really quick one. It may be a bit childish but the crowd loved it. It would be relatively cheap to employ someone for game nights and it would get the crowd going.

The "charge song" and the "you suck" song would work if the crowd knew what to say. Get someone to tell the crowd when to say charge or you suck before the game. This would add some tradition and a lot of atmoshphere to the stadium and add to the overall entertainment that people get when they come to a game.

Furthermore, bring back half time entertainment. Those guys that used to do dunks off a trampoline were great, it was a long time ago, but i'm sure you could find someone to do it now.

There are obviously not enough die-hard basketball fans that are willing to come to games anymore. Therefore, we have to add to the overall entertainment of the game, so people don't just come for a basketball game, they come for the entertainment they can enjoy as well. This would hopefully bring in your everyday Joe's to the game.

These are just some suggestions feel free to add more.

Topic #1409 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I agree with your points. These sorts of things would also set Basketball apart from cricket and AFL which traditionally have no music played during the game and some kids running around during the breaks.

Reply #16252 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bring back the milk man - he rocked da house!

Reply #16254 | Report this post

Avanti  
Years ago

The best "revver" in recent times would have to have been Cossie from SAFM, and they should get him back if possible.

The ones since have been average. (Especially the one who during the intros couldnt pronounce Ng, and introduced coach Phil SMITH!

Reply #16255 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I went to my first game for a number of years on the weekend. How do we not have a mascot!! Is this another BASA pay cut!!??

Reply #16256 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He's been on "holiday" for two games. At the Razors game, they had a fill-in mascot ("Reggie" the cash register, doing a promo for The Good Guys) but I don't know where that one was for the game against Hunter.

Reply #16257 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Are we suggesting to get Scott Mc Bain back?

Reply #16267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They need to get the crowd to stomp their feet again.

That used to make the whole stadium rumble.

It was unique to the Powerhouse.

Reply #16277 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Good atmosphere comes with big crowds. The Sixers need to listen to some of the suggestions on here regarding ticket pricing, xmas specials, family passes etc.

They could think about hiring someone like MC NRG (Kirk) from Heaven. He is a basketball fan and an absolute nutcase. He would get the crowd going for sure..

Getting crowd numbers up must be first priority

Reply #16278 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Whole whole place rumbles when everyone stamps their feet because most the stands are a bit dodgy! One person walking down them makes them move when they are only quarter full.

Reply #16289 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Great Post sixerfan! I agree 100 percent! We DO need someone to rev the crowd up!

We need a leader as a mascot to get us revved up and get the atmosphere going!

The crowd would increase when people tell all their mates what a great night it is!

Reply #16297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

brisbane had the safari army, the convention centre would provide alcohol and they sat court side. One guy was able to run around crt at qtr time and do the mexican wave for the crowd...really funny to c a guy dressed in a safari suit runnin around the court!

Reply #16304 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

sam dunk struggles we need a mascot who does dunks of trampolines.

Reply #16492 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Last year at the all star game in melbourne they had 5 young fellas jump on mini tramps for awesome dunks that got a larger cheer than the game

Reply #16525 | Report this post

number 10  
Years ago

I agree with bringing back Scott McBain. I remember the electricity at Apollo and how he got the crowd going off!! The Man has a big voice.. and would do well at the Powerhouse!! I reckon we should rally to get Scott. We need a bloke with the power to get the crowd off their buts and I reckon he can't be beat in that department!

Reply #17737 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

He did the Adelaide Utd games last season....and didn't do too badly either!

Reply #17739 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:30 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754