Pedro
Years ago

Is Davis the best player in the NBA?

Is Baron Davis the best player in the NBA at the moment? Just had 34 pts and 14 Assists leading the Warriors to an OT win over the Spurs. He is on fire and I cant think of a more valuable player to his team at the moment.

Topic #14131 | Report this topic

billups 1  
Years ago

He is playing really well this season, apart from his field goal shooting at times which can be low 30%. What we are seeing is a fit and healthy Davis which hasnt been the case for the past several seasons. His performances in last years playoffs , especially in the first round where he averaged 30+ pts is an example of how good he is.

Reply #165595 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Davis No he isnt. For a good idication of the best players in the NBA read the race tothe MVP on nba.com.

Garnett
Kobe
Dwight
LeBron

all better then B Diddy. But hes up there

Reply #165596 | Report this post

billups 1  
Years ago

He may not be the best player but he is certainly up there.

Reply #165597 | Report this post

Doddobird  
Years ago

May not be the best, but the player with the most talent or control over a game. Last years playoffs he was incredible and I say that as sadly a Mavs fan.

Reply #165600 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

No, he's not. But he definately has been great in G-State the past two seasons. Right now, I'd say he's be the third best PG in the NBA, behind Paul (who is a serious MVP candidate) and Nash.

Reply #165601 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

How about Jackson tho - as an aside... What was a VERY high risk/reward trade has come up roses for the Warriors - both sides in fact (since Dunleavy is having a career year in Indy as well - and both Jax and Dunleavy were the universally acquknowledged question marks on both sides of the trade..) - even i was incredulous at the trade at the time though... One of those rare trades that works out for both sides on a reasonable level of parity...

Reply #165602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can never really gage this point of view....Baron Davis and Chris Paul for me. Realistically the player who gets his team the trophy is the best gage.

Reply #165604 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

b diddy and stevie jack are a true star combination at golden state

Reply #165605 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

How about most important to his team?

Lebron
Kobe
Baron

Reply #165607 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

Baron Davis is a great player. But has really slid under the radar this year. I havent seen him at the top of the NBA MVP rankings on nba.com where I feel he deserves to be. IMO, he is not getting much attention because there is soo many quality Point Guards in the Western Conference.
You got Chris Paul, Allen Iverson, Steve Nash, Tony Parker, Deron Williams (and Mike Bibby when he returns) all in One conference, battling for PG Supremacy.

Unfortunetly Baron Davis has just got a bit forgotten in the hype of Steve Nash, AI and Tony Parker

Reply #165611 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Max, I'm not sure what you're talking about, Baron is ranked at no.8 in the most recent list! I think that's pretty well spot on.

You are right about the abundance of PG's out West though, although I'm not sure that Bibby deserves to be listed with the likes of Paul, Nash and Baron. ;)

Reply #165616 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Whoever did the First Trimester awards on ESPN (Hollinger or whoever) made Jackson the MVP in his conference. Completely overlooked Baron!

Reply #165620 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

I remember hearing about that Isaac. See thats an example of how B.D has been forgotten to some extent.

Reply #165623 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Tim Duncan anyone? The best player on the most successful team in the league (recently).

Reply #165696 | Report this post

billups 1  
Years ago

"recently" but not yesterday when Davis posted 34 pts and 14 assists to beat San Antonio.

Reply #165705 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Billups the question was: "Is Davis the best player in the NBA?", and you are going to give him the nod after one good game. His team has won less games this year and definitely less championships.

Reply #165711 | Report this post

billups 1  
Years ago

What I wanted to say is that Baron is one of the best players in the NBA right now, not "THE BEST" but certainly he is up there with the best of the league, no doubt about it.

"and you are going to give him the nod after one good game"

Nutwork ,I hope your not trying to tell me that Baron has only had one good game this season are you?

Reply #165728 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

No, but his team has still lost more than TD.

Reply #165743 | Report this post

billups 1  
Years ago

Yeh and Chauncey Billups team has won more games than the Spurs :)

Reply #165753 | Report this post

He's not even the best player on his team

Reply #165977 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:02 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754