knowledge is power
Years ago

Turmoil at Dragons - Timms bails

Rumor out of Melbourne that Michelle Timms has quit the Dragons coaching staff and Molloy will soon follow.
Fans in Melbourne wanting Cowan to show Heal the door.
Stacker to be likely replacement next season.

Watch this space!

Topic #14132 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

You'd think this belonged in Bo's 2008 Headlines thread!

Have heard this rumour from a second source so it may have legs. Timms supposedly getting a bit sick of Heal and vice versa. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Reply #165629 | Report this post

Wei-Do-Ping  
Years ago

I'd get sick of looking at a mirror each day to Isaac

Reply #165632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep, absolute fact, happened yesterday.

Reply #165640 | Report this post

Have just been chatting to someone else who said Molloy quit yesterday as well but was talked in to staying by players.... Dragons to move quickly on getting rid of Heal. Cant believe Cowan will do this though!

Reply #165641 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Would there be ANY chance that Ninnis would even consider going back to the dragons if the head coaching position was on offer?

Reply #165642 | Report this post

If you were him would you? I doubt it very highly.
The strong word is they want Stacker, he apparently is living back in Melbourne and is working with a victorian local club (not sure which one) makes sense, was a Magic Assistant and also Head of Basketball in Victoria for a long time.

Reply #165643 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

How do you think Heal would feel about playing under Stacker? Big shake up on the cards at the Dragooooons.

Reply #165645 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

who would want to coach at this club with there history with coaches? it's either knife in the back or scape goat city hmm Smyth u interested?

Reply #165646 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Bugger - Im guessing this could mean Heal will be back living on the coast again at seasons end - and will probably try to have something to do with the Blaze....cant you guys in Vic just keep him............please!

Reply #165647 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

i wonder if cowen wonders what it would be like if they kept price and got rid of heal?

Reply #165648 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Probably no better IMO.

Reply #165649 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

None of the above would surprise me. Molloy is well respected and liked by quite a few of the players so the idea that he was convinced to stay by the players is plausible.

It might seem like turmoil but what would you expect given the season they have had?

Looks like a ground up rebuild in the off season. The question is - who will stick around?

Reply #165651 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Will players be able to, or elect to, break contracts if they have a clause regarding a change of coach?

Reply #165652 | Report this post

wonder w  
Years ago

with all of this going on and the likeliness of change in coach here, it wouldnt surprise me if we saw Holmes back here next year

Reply #165653 | Report this post

Robbo  
Years ago

Grab Holmes with both hands if he becomes available.

Reply #165656 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Heal is good value as a player. Unless he is not interested in just playing, it would be beneficial for the Dragons to keep him as a player only. It just doesn't work to try and combine both play and coach.

Reply #165659 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

wonder how much it will hurt when Phil is coaching the dragons next year and they smack us? :)

funny that hes about to "fall on his sword" at the same time as this occurs :)

Reply #165663 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Stacks has been hanging around at the Draggin's for a while now and hinted to me that he may be around in a more official capacity next season.

Booga, I'm not a fan of Heal's coaching at all, but the fact is that Price was unsuitable no matter who replaced him. I've been fairly vocal in my idea that innis SHOULD have been promoted to Head Coach as soon as Price was shown the door. The damage to the club's image over the percieved "knifing" by Heal, is unfortunately not measurable, but it certainly got a stink raised.

Molloy and Timms, at a guess, probably got some balls and questioned Shane's direction..... He's never liked to contemplate being wrong and it probably blew up.

Statman....The chances of Scotty being involved with the Dragons ever again are about as likely as me becoming the next Prime Minister.

Reply #165671 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

I have had word from the club that an announcement will be made later today so something is definitely happening.....but what exactly?

AS the initial poster mentioned....watch this space, I guess.

Reply #165677 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Vote #1 - DICKO

Reply #165678 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

DICKO....are you a funny looking little nerdy man with glasses who cant play cricket? If so you might have a shot!

I didnt think that there would be much chance of Ninny going back to teh Dragons....just thought Id ask the question as strange things happen in sport :)

Reply #165681 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

DICKO....are you a funny looking little nerdy man with glasses who cant play cricket?

HUH?

Reply #165682 | Report this post

Costello  
Years ago

Dicko I think he is implying you might be John Howard.

Reply #165683 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

OH.....Yeah....Good One.

Reply #165684 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

or Kevin Rudd!

Geez Dicko - didnt think it was that cryptic!

Reply #165691 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Not so cryptic....just bad.

I was looking for the joke and, quite frankly, couldn't find one.

Reply #165703 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

From the Dragons to members.......

Crazy Johns South Dragons basketball development coach Michele Timms this week tendered her resignation to the club, effective immediately.
Timms joined the Dragons at their inception in March, 2006 as community development manager. In July of last year she was appointed basketball development coach for the 2007/08 HUMMER Championship season.
"The situation wasalwaysone that I would be given the opportunity to actively try to further my coaching career abroad, Timms said.
To do that I need to be in the United States and to go through the interview process for the WNBA.
I am indebted to the club for the wonderful opportunity to not only coach, but also to meet some wonderful guys.
I would like to wish Shane (Heal) and the boys all the best. I am very proud to have had the opportunity to work with the Dragons from ground zero up, and wish the clubcontinued success and longevity.
Crazy Johns South Dragons chairman Mark Cowan said Timms was to be thanked for her invaluable contribution to the club.
Michele has been great for the club, she was here from the very start and Id like to personally thank her for her time and commitment throughout her tenure, Cowan said.
Its a real loss for the club but Michele has decided on another path and we wish her well for the future.
She has always been open about her aspirations of coaching and Im confident she will make a great head coach in the future.
The Crazy Johns South Dragons will continue the 2007/08 HUMMER Championship season under head coach Shane Heal and assistant coach Guy Molloy.

The last line gets a giggle from me......yeah, why change anything when it's all going so well.

Reply #165704 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dunkin' Dan from OzHoops spotted this in a FoxSports Q&A:

Posted by paul radulovich of canberra on Wed 26 Dec 07 at 11:55am:

michelle what are your coaching goals for the future? do you want to be a head coach in th nbl, wnba or wnbl?

Michele Timms wrote:
At the moment, I'm quite happy developing my philosophies as an assistant coach. I have no immediate desire to be a head coach but, definitely, down the track, once I feel I have covered a few voids in my philosophies, I will definitely be a head coach. But at the moment I'm very happy being an assistant coach for the next few years.

That was on Boxing Day and the Dragons have been 0-3 since then.

Reply #165715 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

"continued success"

Reply #165717 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Wow, that is a very short long term aspiration!

Reply #165722 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

XY, she's gifted. ; )
She short-circuited the head coaching course, due to preferences.

Reply #165727 | Report this post

Ari Gold  
Years ago

"I am very proud to have had the opportunity to work with the Dragons from ground zero up"

I like that choice of expression. It might be back to ground zero pretty soon - LOL

Reply #165748 | Report this post

Qlder  
Years ago

Molloy won't coach he's not good enough.

Reply #165758 | Report this post

latest word is Shanahan is replacing her back to where he was meant to be at the start of the season as an assistant. Funny thing is the Bubble hasnt been quiet to other players in the league about how much he detests what Hammer is doing to the club!

Just keep watching this space!

Reply #165762 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

"ground zero" isnt that the term used to describe what were the twin towers.

Hmm is it in bad taste to compare, the spectaclar collapse of the twin towers...and ...the Dragons?

:)

Reply #165772 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

NO.......it would be bad taste to compare Heal with Osama Bin Laden

Reply #165774 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Yup, even Osama deserves more respect than that!

Reply #165780 | Report this post

Beninski  
Years ago

Knowledge, is it possible to imagine for one second that there is no sinister undertones and Timms just landed a better job..... Why are there always conspiracy theories :P

Reply #165781 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

If she apparently landed a better job then they would she say

"To do that I need to be in the United States and to go through the interview process for the WNBA."

Doesn't sound like she has a job lined up to me.

Reply #165785 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

DICKO..your right, it would be wrong to compare them, after all, we KNOW that Heal caused the dragons to implode.

gold XY

:)

Reply #165790 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Im just happy to see Heal fail, arrogant little prick he is

Reply #165791 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Heal is still standing.

Timms walked out because of him....all th rest is fluff.

Molloy almost follwed but was convinced to stay.

Everything the original poster said is correct, except that Molloy did not end up leaving. By all accounts, it was close though.

Reply #165814 | Report this post

Latest....

Look for Heal to only be coaching the rest of the season, word is his uniform will not be seen again.

Reply #166001 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23035960-23769,00.html

Sounds like he wont play...

Reply #166075 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:04 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754