Why Oh Why??
Years ago

Haters

I was wondering if anyone could put forward theories why there are sooo many haters involved with basketball? I have plenty of mates that play Footy and you dont get anywhere near the same level of haters.

Is it because so many more miss out in basketball, because of team sizes / lack of opportunity in the sport?

Is it because our sport is sooo small that everyone has a bit of a profile and that makes them easy targets?

Some of the baseless, factless points made about administrators, players and coaches here at all levels are just plain ridiculous. Often this is just funny when you see the people doing the hating!

When we talk about haters we talk about people that bag players, coaches and administrators in the sport when the people that do the bagging have not achieved in that area.

At the end of the day this factor is the one thing that puts me off our great game. Who else agrees?

Topic #1414 | Report this topic

Street & Smith's  
Years ago

How does it put you off?
What does it stop you doing?

Reply #16291 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

I think you are mistaking "Haters" for passionate lovers of the sport who are only expressing their opinion of what is happening with Basketball in South Australia.

And by ther way, I play Football and trust me there are plenty of "Haters" around that sport also.

Reply #16312 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

i hate footy

Reply #16326 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All sports are good!!! i love sports i play basketball but i love most sports

Reply #16327 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

He/she probably hates it because they are no good at it

Reply #16333 | Report this post

my theory  
Years ago

in footy there is not an expectation from many players to make the big time.

The basketball culture in sa seems to be 'everyone gets a go and can make it' (catering for every battler.

basketball is more competitive - footy has fostered a beer and ciggarette culture at several levels - basketball not (fortunately)

Reply #16341 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Footy sucks!
But there are plenty of haters in that game too!
I used to do Boundary umpiring and the crap i heard was.....lets just say you don't hear it at the dome

Reply #16347 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

footy not a game of skill is why I don't like.

I mean, a 'professional' footy player misses the goal and points all togeher when goes for a score - how pathetic.

An airball in basketball doesn't even compare, the air ball is usually very close to the small target.

Reply #16376 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:51 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754