Blaze sign import Luke Whitehead

Date of Birth : Monday, 9 February 1981
Height : 199 cm
Weight : 100 kg
Court Position : Forward
NBL Clubs : Gold Coast Blaze 2008 -
Birth Place : San Francisco, California, USA

CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
Joined the Blaze as a replacement for Juaqin Hawkins ... previously played with the Iowa Energy in the NBDL ... in 2006 was drafted by the NBDL's Sioux Falls Skyforce with the 74th pick in the seventh round ... played nine games for the Skyforce averaging 9.4 ppg, 3.8 rpg and 1.2apg ... has also previously played in Germany's Bundesliga with ALBA Berlin and in Korea with both the SK Knights and Daegu Orions ... played 18 games for the Kentucy Colonels of the (US) ABA averaging 17.7 ppg and 6.0 rpg in 2004-05.

OTHER INFORMATION
Broke the Conference USA record for rebounding when he pulled down 37 boards for Louisville in 2003 ... was a member of the Conference USA All-Tournament Team in 2003 and the Tournament MVP ... selected to the All Conference USA Third Team in 2004 ... helped ALBA Berlin to the 2006 Bundesliga title.

Topic #14141 | Report this topic

kad  
Years ago

Additional information has come to hand!!!

1. He has 'sick flow'
2. Im not ready for the album

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG5MdCXS5SQ

Reply #165744 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Ok, sorry to spam, but more from YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGxwp45uLKs

Amazing that the guy can still walk!

Reply #165747 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

That really was unexpected

Reply #165750 | Report this post

drB  
Years ago

Is there a press release for this that i have missed?

Reply #165752 | Report this post

blazefan  
Years ago

Interesting signing as he looks to have just a little 'attitute'!! This is possibly the opposite to 'Hawk' who I rekon was very much a quiet achiever so far as imports go.

Perhaps this is just what we need down the stretch, especially as we face Perth 3 times over the next month (NBL scheduling what a joke). A bit of inside muscle may balance the reasonable outside game we seem to now rely on too much.

While obviously he'll miss the Breakers game in NZ, does anyone know if Whitehead is eligible to suit up against the Cats this Saturday?

At the same time when can Shipp suit up as the Wildcats third import?

Reply #165759 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Probably. Hit the Blaze site and you'll find him listed in their players section. Looks like it got put up before being announced. Thanks to LongShot for first mentioning it.

Wonder if he'll suit for tomorrow night against the Breakers?

Reply #165760 | Report this post

drB  
Years ago

thanks isaac, he wont be playing against NZ. But should be suited up for Perth match.

Reply #165769 | Report this post

drB  
Years ago

I just checked there (GC) website there is nothing on there, i just got new glasses, do i need stronger one's. If he is the new import, i certainly couldnt see him getting clearance for nz match.

Reply #165770 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hit the team page where they have the list of players/headshots.

Reply #165771 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

NBL.com lists him as 197cm ... pacific shrink ?

Reply #165788 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

He looks a bit like Craig David.......

If you squint and hold your head just right.....

Reply #165851 | Report this post

Tap Twist Snap  
Years ago

It looks like he is playing against the Breakers.

Reply #165972 | Report this post

Mz. U know WhO  
Years ago

Well I Helped the Guy When he first got he he looked a little confused i asked him if he was ok
I helped him At the International Airport at Sydney.. must have been where he planned before off to brisbane or where ever..
he asked me A couple of Questions down stairs in the Arrivals hall and then was up Stairs later on that day. dont think the guy got all his belonging to Australia... he looked pretty pissed off when i saw him up stairs at sydney Airport. he was going to the baggage counter!!!

Reply #168571 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:01 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754