duffdawg
Years ago

A.J Ogilvy

Young aussie freshman center A.J Ogilvy puts up another big game for the unbeaten Vanderbilt with 25 points, 6 rebounds. A few sites tipping him around pick 20 of the 2008 draft..what do you all think?

Topic #14150 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think he won;t even enter the 2008 draft. I think this because I asked him. First Round pick in 2009 IMO

Reply #165963 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

He probably could go this year, but he should stay in school another year and start rebounding the freakin ball! He should be pulling down more than 7 per game.

Reply #165992 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Interesting article in todays Age about Jawai and mentions Ogilvy.

Highlights of the artice:

President of the NBA Draft Express website Jonathan Givony agrees with the hype over Jawai and is confident he will be a first round pick.

"There's been a steady buzz coming out of the land down under over the past few months," he said.

"A six-foot-ten, 285-pound Aboriginal big man by the name of Nathan Jawai has come out of nowhere seemingly to establish himself as the best rookie in the league, as well as a prospect that NBA teams are slowly realising they must take seriously as well."

Vanderbilt University's Andrew (AJ) Ogilvy is nbadraft.net's highest ranking Australian in their mock draft, coming in as a first round pick at No.17.

Fellow Australian, Nebraska's Aleks Maric is at 47th after also making his mark in college basketball.

http://news.theage.com.au/cairns-nbl-rookie-attracts-us-attention/20080110-1l9q.html

Reply #165995 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

He is rebounding the ball 7.3 in around 25 min is pretty good. 35 second shot clock less shots less opportunities. He leads his team in boards is shooting the ball in the mid 60%, debatably the best performed (on stats) Aussie in the system and he's a freshman. No where near the hype of Mills but better performed as he was as recent world championships.

Reply #166002 | Report this post

Ogilvy will be remembered as a better player than both Bogut and Longley.
Has a complete game and the way he has played in his freshman year does not surprise me one bit.

Reply #166005 | Report this post

Flip  
Years ago

Personally when you look at the scheme of things, Coming up to the Olypics, we are fine in the big man department. I think Ogilvy is going to be awesome. but does anyone know the comparing numbers between Bogut in college. They had to be up there, considering he won nearly every college award there is.

Reply #166011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jawai will be th best NBA player to come out of Australia so far.

Reply #166022 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

Ogilvy should nominate for this year's draft for a couple of reasons:
1. NBA teams are preferring to go for younger kids with potential rather than more experienced seniors and juniours (and even sophomores)
2. You need to strike while the iron is hot. If he is being talked about now he should go. Next year he may not be as hot or may get injured.

Jawai should nominate too.

Reply #166062 | Report this post

duffdawg  
Years ago

if he stays, he wouldnt want to do an Aaron Bruce, and drop off from his big freshman year.

Reply #166076 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:30 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754