Isaac
Years ago

Breakers vs Blaze live now

Game has started and the live scores are here.

Quite relevant to 36ers fans as a loss for the Breakers would help Adelaide's chances of making the post-season. Adelaide are 9-11 (9th) while New Zealand are 11-10 (8th). The 36ers only need to be level with NZ at the end of the regular season as they own the aggregate in a tied season series.

Blaze started well, but it's now 13-9 the Breakers' way.

New Blaze import Luke Whitehead has just entered the court though doesn't feature in the live boxscore.

Topic #14153 | Report this topic

blazefan  
Years ago

My first time looking at the NBL's Live Scores and as has been expressed so many times on this forum, they've stuffed it again.

Surely the NBL knows which players are actually in the lineups prior to game start, particularly when we're talking a replacment import!

Also the play by play has gone a little berko at the end of the first quarter so I can't even work out how many points LW has scored in his debut quarter.

As Isaac mentions above, I trust all your 36ers fans are on the Blaze, at least just for this game.

Reply #165965 | Report this post

drB  
Years ago

yeah i was trying to add up the numbers from point scores and was wondering how they were telling it up! Look as though whithead has had some impact already 10 points on believe.

Penny looks as though he is on fire as usual!

Reply #165967 | Report this post

drB  
Years ago

could be a blow out breakers up by 17

Reply #165969 | Report this post

blazefan  
Years ago

The play by play sat on 36 seconds to go in the half for 5 minutes and now all stats have been erased. I give up.

While the Blaze will keep fighting, this game is going very much the way of the Round 8 home game against the Breakers when they pretty much dominated all night.

At least LW is having some impact.

Reply #165976 | Report this post

Tap Twist Snap  
Years ago

What is the other site that has live scores? It was some betting site but I can't find it.

Reply #165978 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Live scores are back up for the third quarter. Breakers up by 30.

Reply #165980 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Id say the Sixers have more chance of replacing the Blaze in the 8 than the Breakers - very very tough road home for us and with a new import will make things even harder!

Reply #165981 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Breakers win by 30+ to go to 12-10, level with Gold Coast and about a win out of fourth. A few tough games coming up.

Gold Coast next head to Perth - don't like their chances there.

Reply #166010 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I think that the Blaze have been overrated all season. If the Sixers want in to the top 8, it will be over the carcass of the Blaze or the Crocs.

Unless the Sixers get some BIG wins over some top 3 sides, the chances of either happening are between slim and none. Starting with Sydney this week would be a big boost.

Reply #166060 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The untested opponent is Cairns who Adelaide are yet to face. If they can get one of those, Perth at the Dome, and the Hawks and Slingers, then that will help.

Agree re Blaze. Townsville and Cairns (once each) are their only top-eight scalps and they're help by getting to play Singapore three times, and all on the Gold Coast?!

Reply #166063 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Blaze first game v Singapore was away Isaac where we got our first win in the league (round 2)

Reply #166064 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ah, I remember now. NBLStats.com must have the teams the wrong way around in the schedule.

Reply #166066 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

Orien Greene looked to be pretty busy... 19 points on 8/11 FG and 3/4 2pt, 4 boards, 6 assists and 7 steals in just 26 minutes!

Yet another good game by Kirk Penney.

If anyone watched it how did Luke Whitehead look? Pretty good first game despite the 1/6 FT.

Reply #166069 | Report this post

blazefan  
Years ago

XY said "I think that the Blaze have been overrated all season"

Wouldn't the term 'overrated' only apply if the Blaze had been rated highly to begin with?

As no tipsters in the country would have rated the Blaze in the top 4 at the start of the season (and not many in the top 8) I think it would be more accurate to say that the Blaze have been playing above expectations.

I don't disagree that the Blaze are looking shakey at the moment, but don't write them off for playoffs just yet.

As I can't see the 36ers (sorry Isaac) or Pigs winning 6 of their remaining games, just 2 more home wins will be enough for the Blaze to reach the playoffs, particularly if one of these is against the Crocs next Friday to give us the tiebreaker.

While I'm hoping for more, I think that this is due to, once again, higher expectations based on the Blaze results so far. We'll see.

Reply #166130 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Playing above expectations is correct and perhaps some subsequent overrating has come from that.

Reply #166133 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Blazefan, agree, I meant what Isaac said. There is not doubt that their sitting in the top 4 spot for so long has been a little lucky of them based on the draw and not a true reflection of where they will likely sit at the end. That said, I like the Blaze's chance of making the finals better than the Sixers...

Reply #166160 | Report this post

drB  
Years ago

XY - The Blaze draw has been pretty tough, they are do much better than anyone would have thought, many tipped them to finish in the bottom 2.

Reply #166164 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:16 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754