Isaac
Years ago

NBL Player of the Week

Who would you pick for player of the week?

(a) 27 points (62%), 14 rebounds (1W, 0L)

(b) 30 points (68%);
34 points (50%), 7 rebounds, 3 steals; 23 points (42%), 11 rebounds, 5 assists (1W, 2L)

(c) 18 points (54%), 11 rebounds; 16 points (70%), 11 rebounds; 30 points (61%), 17 rebounds, 6 blocks (1W, 2L)

(d) 23 points (48%), 12 rebounds; 23 points (47%), 15 rebounds (1W, 1L)

--

Nick Horvath (a) won the award, but I think the other 3 players (b=Brian Wethers, c=Chris Burgess, d=Dusty Rychart) had rounds that were around the mark or more deserving. Wethers averaged 29 PPG over 3 games. Burgess had 3 double-doubles including a 30 point game, and had 6 blocks in one of them. And Rychart averaged 23 and 13.5 which isn't too shabby at all!

Topic #1417 | Report this topic

Street & Smith's  
Years ago

Horvath would be the ideal big man for the sixers.
Young,strong,hard worker and runs the floor. If he played more minutes against us we may have lost.
Anyone else notice we made our best run when he was sitting.

Reply #16339 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Dusty goes about his work quietly but racks up consistent numbers. This is why he is one of the most underated imports in the league.

If he dunked like some other imports he'd be talked about bieng MVP of the league.

He might be the sixers most valuable player

Reply #16345 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Kriss, I think you're right. Kevin Freeman, for example, was putting up stats not dissimilar to Dusty's but getting far more recognition.

Reply #16351 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Just a little bit of inside info.

Player of the month voting had John Rillie win with 34 votes (media vote on a 3-2-1 basis)...Kevin Freeman had 24 Brian Wethers 17. Dusty, Brett and Willie all had 5 votes each (I gave Dusty 3 myself, so either 1 other NBL media person gave him 2 votes, or 2 gave him 1...)...so Dusty is not even getting any love from the media.

Lets hope those who vote the MVP at least are noticing him.

Reply #16354 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

I would have gone Burgess, his stats said it all.

A dominant force this season.

Reply #16576 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:46 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754