Anonymous
Years ago

Which Aussie Will Make It To The NBA?

The following players have been predicted to get drafted in 08 by either nbadraft.net and/or draftexpress.com in their respective mock drafts:

Andrew Ogilvy (Predicted no.17 by nbadraft.net but predicted to get drafted in 09 by draftexpress.com)

Ogilvy is a cert but it seems more likely that he'll wait until the 09 draft from what he's said.

Nathan Jawai (predicted no.24 by nbadraft.net and no. 30 by draftexpress)

No doubts about whether this guy'll get drafted. Lets just hope he gets picked by a team with a coach that actually believes in playing rookies and giving them a chance.

Aleks Maric (Predicted no. 47 by nbadraft.net)

Joe Ingles (Predicted no.43 by draftexpress)

I'm not sure about these two. I think Ingles will be in the NBA at some stage but I'm not sure If he's ready just yet. He'll want to start putting some muscle on those skinny arms if he wants to make it. I don't know much about Maric but from what I've heard he might have a chance of making it to The Show.

Which guys do you think'll make it?

Topic #14182 | Report this topic

Chewy  
Years ago

Don't read anything into nbadraft.net

Bogut was tipped to go 27 to the Lakers at this time a few years back.

Reply #166310 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Patrick Mills nominating into the draft?
Would he be able to hold his own if he was to make a NBA team?

Reply #166311 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

being a point guard, i think mills will see all his years out at college.

Reply #166315 | Report this post

DavidK  
Years ago

If Mills and Ogilvy keep playing the way they are, their stocks will rise and they could both get drafted top 20 this year. Jawai could also be in the top 20. 3 possible Aussies in the NBA next year, best possible outcome. Maric, Baynes, Bruce, Iti, Neville could get drafted this year or next, more likely 2nd rounds if at all. Anatoly Bose is playing well as a freshman and it will be interesting to see his progress.
This is all speculation though.. who knows what will happen.
Interestingly, more players are getting drafted first year out of college. I think Mills and Ogilvy would be more likely to go this year if they are likely to go first round. What do other people think? If they wait they could risk missing out.

Reply #166316 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Matt Sutton will definately be drafted. NBAdraft.net doesnt mention him, but hes definately a smokey for a top10 selection. :]

Reply #166317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Patrick, Andrew and Nathan are all drafted which players do u think they end up playing like.
I feel if Patrick is drafted he will be like an Antonio Daniels are good player but not stand out.
Andrew dont know alot about but i believe will have a sudden impact on the NBA (if given the chance and selected by a coach that plays his rookies)
Nathan Jawai i feel will be alot like Zach Randolph or Eddy Curry just not with there piss weak attitudes.

As said above though i believe it will depend which team each 1 is picked up by that will determine there overall success.

Reply #166318 | Report this post

Lachy K  
Years ago

Patrick Mills isnt far off, maybe 2009-2011 draft???

Thoughts???

Reply #166334 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

So, we're just going to have the same thread every month now, are we? Honestly, this has been talked about so much, the answers really are simple. Ogilvy and Jawai WILL be drafted, Jawai this year, Ogilvy most likely next (or even later), as I can't see him declaring this year. Mills will probably stay at St M's for a couple of years then should end up being drafted (provided he doesn't pull a Bruce and have his numbers get worse every year).

Guys like Maric and Bruce, who always get talked about eventually in these threads, are automatically going into the draft this year, as they both are Seniors. Maric has a decent shot at getting drafted somewhere in the 2nd round, Bruce not so much. Jawai too HAS to go into the draft this year, being that he is 22 years old. As for Ingles, whenever he decides to head over there he probably will go in the 35-45 range (DX have at 43 this year).

And as Chewy said, nbadraft.net aren't the site to go off. Draftexpress are the best site and they Jawai at 30 this year, Ingles at 43 and Ogilvy somewhere in the top 20 next year.

Reply #166346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know Ingles is from SA but seriously how can he play in the NBA if he is not getting it done here - No Def, shot not consistant enough and also no size
(weight) Ingles will have trouble making the Bejing Olympics.

Reply #166347 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

#347, I actaully agree with you. I know Jingles is a good player, but I don't rate him THAT highly either. But, he is on mock drafts and has been getting attention from the right people, and there is always the chance of a team throwing a 2nd round pick at a 6'8 1/2/3 type player.

Reply #166350 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Jingles never. Maric maybe. Baynes a shot at 2nd round imo if Washington St go deep in the NCAA tourney.

AJ yes. Mills - Maybe, if they can win WCC and have him play well in the tournament, he should do well.

Reply #166353 | Report this post

Years ago

Ogilvy should stay at least another year, just to get to a truly dominant point in the NCAA's.

Mills should stay his full term IMO. I think it'd be disasterous for him to come out this year. I really doubt that he'd get picked if he came out in 2008. IMO he should stay at St. Mary's until 2010, maybe 2011.

Reply #166615 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Why does everyone keep saying that Ingles has no D? He's easily the best defender at the Dragons (not that that is a big deal). He's not weak defensively, by any means.

I must admit, it's the first time I saw Boti's last review of the round.

I love this.....

"Without doubt there will be changes. What we have done this season is totally unacceptable," Mr Heal said. "We can't get it done because individually we can't play defence."

Hey. Monkey see, monkey do.

Reply #166626 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:58 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754