AK-47
Years ago

Alonzo Mourning - Im retired

Never heard about it until i read the interview but sounds like as soon as he did it he knew his career was over.

http://www.nba.com/heat/news/HEAT_Insider_Interview_Alonzo.html

Topic #14228 | Report this topic

Skud  
Years ago

Pity about this, got to see him play with Shaq in 06 and he still looked the good, really put in the hard yards for an old bloke while he was with Miami. Good time for him to go, amazing player.

Reply #167140 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Yes - It's sad to see him go... Might be worth reflecting on the fact that in their early years Mourning was widely seen as the Russell to Shaq's Chamberlain (in that Mourning was going to be the one with the handfulls of rings - and Shaq with the very few (if he was lucky))... Interesting that it turned out the complete opposite (and that Mourning had to play with Shaq to get to the promised land)...

Absolutely one of the most intense players i have ever seen play the game... To the point that sometimes he was downright embarrasing... Even Bill Simmons made note of the fact that after some plays he would carry on like it was the first time in recorded history that any human had dunked/blocked/rebounded the ball in such a fashion...

Enjoy the good life 'Zo - man this is making me feel old - the guys whose cards i hawked when they were rookies are retiring (scary!!!)...

Reply #167156 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:52 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754