The_Champ33
Years ago

MVP & CJ

The playoffs are fast approaching with 4-5 weeks now til they arrive.

We'll all slowly be talking about MVP canidates now.

I personally think CJ Bruton is a name missing from the mentions.

We hear Ere, Anstey, Balls etc.

But CJ Bruton deserves a mention. He's the PG and anchor of the team. He's doing his bit too for the Bullets. Give him some love please.

What are your thoughts?

Topic #14235 | Report this topic

kad  
Years ago

We dont hear a lot of names a lot.

Balls only just started entering the conversation. Add Corey Williams, Harvey, Penney and Redhage.

The winner will come from one of the 2 teams that make the GF. It may even be someone not on the radar now (Hodge!) that pulls a team through the play-offs.

Reply #167062 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

No way hodge will win it. 100% can tell you that now

Reply #167075 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

Really, took you all day to work that out???

Reply #167081 | Report this post

lovesthedunk  
Years ago

CJ??? CJ is a good player but he is not MVP material this season, ere is miles ahead of CJ for the MVP IMO.

I also think it is crap that people think the MVP should go to a player from the top teams. It should be going to the most valuable player for a side that if they weren't in the team the team would be a lot lower on the ladder than what they are.

I think Homicide deserves it personally, without him crocs would struggle. Maybe Penney, Anstey is always up there (even though he is a total tool), Redhage, Harvey.

And don't even get me started on coach of the year!! IMO that award go to the coach who is able to take a team beyond its expectations.
2006 - Al Westover???? what a joke - he has no idea. Maybe it was recruiter/scouter of the year but not coach (does anyone also notice that all he does is repeat everything he says twice?)
2007 - Joey Wright??? another joke - must be real hard to take a team with a ridiculous level of talent to the premiership.

Oh well!

Reply #167182 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Joyce should get coach of the year IMO.

Reply #167189 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

I agree DB5......Gold Coast and Joyce have shown the Dragons and Heal how a new team and coach should operate.

Seriously good effort.

SOJ would vote for him too, no doubt :-)

Reply #167190 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

lol DICKO.

Does anyone think Harvey would be in the MVP mix?
He has carried the Blaze a fair bit.
22pts (5th) 81% FT, 45% 3pt (5th).

Reply #167197 | Report this post

blazefan  
Years ago

When it comes to MVP, I always think of the imaginary situation of having all players lined up ready for a game of pick-up. The player picked first would be the MVP.

The official system as listed on the NBL website is:

"At the conclusion of each game, both coaches award votes to the best players from that contest. Each coach has 10 votes to allocate, with no more than five (5) to be awarded to one player by each coach."

While coaches will draw a fair bit from their recollection of the game, you'd think they'd be looking at a copy of the game stats as they make their allocations.

Irrespective of the significance of every other category, you'd have to think that the highest scorer for the game, would have to get either 4 or 5 votes from each coach (or say 8-10 votes per game), even if their playing for the defeated team.

This thinking would suggest then that the MVP will come from the players who are consistantly the highest scorers for each game.

It's very simple and doesn't allow for a heap of factors. Having said this though, I'm actually now contemplating going back through all the games and apply this formula.

Wish me luck.

By the way, go the 36'ers tonight. A Wildcats loss will eventually help the Blaze overtake them for 4th place!!!

Reply #167248 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Interesting preference given that the Blaze are one of the teams that Adelaide are targeting and hoping to replace in the eight. A win tonight will help them towards that.

Reply #167253 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:56 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754