Anonymous
Years ago

36ers file complaint about wildcats dancers

36ers have complained to the nbl about the wildcats dancers getting to close to the timeout.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~wildermuth/080115_Ten_News.wmv

Topic #14240 | Report this topic

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Hadn't seen that before. Childish and borish behaviour. Surely we're above that, Mr Vlahov. Here's hoping the Sixers don't return the favour 'cause it looked as stupid as it was just plain dumb.

Reply #167135 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I like the idea (it was meant to be a war dance), but they could've maintained their earlier distance rather than getting that close.

It's not as though teams have mascots hanging around timeout huddles, etc.

Reply #167137 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

I think its extremely disrespectful of the dancers, as a representative of the wildcats they are surely under the same rules as team members or management.

Maybe we should place a few 36ers supporters with tape recorders near their bench and run them down to Phil after every time out.

Timely complaint by the 36ers though, a day before the net game...wonder if thats a tactic of some sort.

Reply #167139 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

They were flirting to attract the attention of the players and take their minds away from the what the coach was saying. It was a calculated form of distraction to create an advantage to the opposition. Just how well it worked depends on how much resistance the players maintained.

Reply #167141 | Report this post

Robbo  
Years ago

..and clearly within the spirit of the game? me thinks not!

Reply #167145 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

I mentioned this when discussing the game, my only real issue was they were so close that had the players turned and run quickly there may have been a risk of injury. but to be fair they were well clear before the team moved.

HOWEVER...

Cant we please grow up,

1) Our head coach gets his knickers in a knot and stops us from using his name on the site.

2) We complain about the girls getting too close

All we need now is to run to the teacher and tell them that "he picked on me" and we will be a fine example of a basketball club.

I am embarrassed by my club right now

Reply #167146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The girls only got so close as they were blinded by the lights shining off of the polished dome of he who should not be named and they lost their way.

Reply #167147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'They were flirting to attract the attention of the players and take their minds away from the what the coach was saying.'

flirting. so funny.

Reply #167152 | Report this post

someamateur  
Years ago

I heard rumor that the complaint was more around the fact that they word saying the coaches last name. Since this is currently band on HoopSA the complaint was made.

Reply #167160 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

gold ...someamateur

Reply #167163 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I saw this mentioned on the game thread and thought it was very unsports*person*like of the Wildcats dancers and organisation. I think it should be taken as read that a team is entitled to be able to hold a timeout to discuss tactics etc as the rules allow. To intentionally disrupt that by providing a distraction or physical presence almost on top of the huddle, particularly by part of the Wildcats organisation, is in my view not so subtle cheating.

That said, you have to query the timing of this. It might be that you have to raise a complaint within 7 days (which is fair enough) but in sport you always run the gauntlet if you deliberately provoke an opponent.

Reply #167171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wouldn't be complaing about those girls getting that close.

Reply #167173 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I heard a rumour that 'The Coach' wanted to use the dancers to set out the offence that they were going to use. Like X's and O's on a playboard......

Right, Dancer 1 you stand here, Mahersy you pass to Lanard and curl cut behind Dancer 2 etc ....

Reply #167174 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

Dammmm if i was Sutts i woulda turned around and grabbed a bit of ass.

Reply #167176 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Nice Sturty , got a chuckle ... Beats carrying that whiteboard thing around and sure to have the players full attention in the time out .

Reply #167178 | Report this post

Chesty La Rue  
Years ago

the players were distracted, there were too many baldies in one small area

Reply #167183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

haha they might be lookers, but they're certainly not thinkers..........trust me!

The players so would not have been distracted - you could ask half the 36ers team and they wouldn't know crap about any of the dancers in the league (completely oblivious).

Reply #167232 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Chestylarue...

"there were too many baldies in one small area"

how do you know this?
please explian :)

Reply #167236 | Report this post

re  
Years ago

clearly what's happended is that he who shall remain nameless has reviewed the game tape from perth and has only just noticed it. Still funny though.

Reply #167255 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

36ers dancers tried the same thing tonight - (16 Jan)

Reply #167337 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Pretended to try the same thing as a quick joke and then just reverted to their planned routine.

Reply #167375 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Which shows poor taste on behalf of our girls.

If our club puts in a complaint, this should be communicated to our girls to not sink to that level (the club obviously finds it offensive).

A bit of uniformity needs to be put in place.

Reply #167435 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

The Sixers did not put in a complaint. I would place it in the almost an inside joke category between front office staff.

Clever press release from the Wildcats front office to get some air time of basketball and cheerleaders on the news.

Reply #167457 | Report this post

Clint Dogg  
Years ago

they were doing the wrong thing.

i would of filed a complaint too against the wildcats.

and a seperate complaint for how fat and ugly they were too.

Reply #168211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Client Dogg - takes one to know one.

One word - SCOREBOARD.

Reply #168330 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clint Dogg - takes one to know one.

One word - SCOREBOARD.

Reply #168331 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:10 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754