NVS
Years ago

Hammer to Coach (Only)

Just saw this on the NBL website.....

The Hammer is going to stop playing and focus on coaching for the remainder of the season.

http://www.nbl.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=73874

Topic #14243 | Report this topic

Magic Man  
Years ago

They need to offer Goorj to the most crazy contract in NBL History and get him back to Vic as the Head of the Dragons.

Hammer is needed on the court with this team, stupid move.

Reply #167185 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Heal to see out season from the sidelines

That's the headline of the email to members. I wish it could have been.......

Heal to see out season from Mongolia

Reply #167187 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

It is only taken him how long to realise this? Minutes fro Brad Hill now?

Reply #167192 | Report this post

This will either save his job or ensure he never coaches again.
My mail is the playing group has lost all faith in him, so therefore i think this move is too late and Heal will still continue to slide down the ladder (not that they can go any lower at the min!)

Reply #167194 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

I agree KIP.....It seems like too little, too late.

Reply #167198 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

what is Holmes currently contract with the Dragons like??? is this his last year or is there wiggle room to get out if he wishes???

Reply #167200 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

TR, either last season or wiggle room I reckon.

Magic Man, that's not a silly suggestion. It's been suggested before that Cowan might try to coax Goorjian across. Others are suggesting that after the Olympics or his current contract, Goorj might look to try his hand overseas - Europe, NBA assistant, US college level?

Reply #167203 | Report this post

TR I believe its his option year to take up or leave, could be wrong though

Reply #167205 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

hmmm, that could be interesting.. Could Holmes be enticed back to Adelaide with a decent offer???

I'd be willing to make a run at him. I guess the issue would be what to do with an import (believing Holmes would become the starting SF). Do we go with a 1 (Kavossy???) a 2 or look for a big 5 to guard the rim??? Balls is the starting 4 by a long shot.

If Hodge is worth trying to retain could Hodge be run at the 2 and Maher becomes the one (would his body hold up playing the majority of time at the 1???). Would Maher be willing to play the 6th man role and Davidson start at the 1??

Reply #167208 | Report this post

Best move Sixers can make regardless of who is or isnt playing is get an import point guard!
you can look back over many years and the teams that win championships are the ones with either the best or one of the best point guards in the league that year.

Reply #167210 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Holmes contract expires at the end of this season.

He has a good job away from basketball with Cowan Design and he and his missus reportedly LOVE Melbourne.

But are even those 2 things enough to make him happy at the Dragons? Time will tell.

Reply #167212 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Keeping the missus happy is the first step to being happy.... he'll remain a Dragon cause the last thing you need is another dragon when you walk in the door at home.

Reply #167214 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

Nice TR, very nice.

Many players have moved cities/clubs/countries to suit the Missus.

I'd like to think if Bradkte never married Nicole, he may have come home to Adelaide.....

Reply #167220 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I don't think he'll be there next season. He's really ticked off the Owner.

Reply #167224 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

"He's really ticked off the Owner"

or

"He's really ticked off AT the Owner"

And are we talking about Heal or Holmes?

Reply #167225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hodge at the 2?????

You normally have to be able to shoot to start at the shooting guard position TR.

Reply #167279 | Report this post

hoop fiend  
Years ago

On the radio on Tuesday night, Julius said his natural position was point forward. He also said his idol was Earving Magic Johnson.

Coach P is one of the few proponents of this Don Nellie Nelson system in the NBL, hence Julius;s current happiness.

Reply #167284 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

yeah, I'd agree, but I'd be willing to give it a bash. Can we afford to head into next season with Maher as the starting 2????

Reply #167292 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

If Heal is going to only Coach, the Dragons have one up on us......

Reply #167317 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:01 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754