Anonymous
Years ago

Boti's Column This Morning

Worth a look - comedy gold.

Doesnt shirk the issue with Valdermort either...,

Topic #14270 | Report this topic

James W  
Years ago

Boti rarely pulls any punches...I was in agreement re: Mottram/Cooper, whilst I like Cooper as a player, Mottram deserved way more minutes in that game (assuming he wasn't injured).

Reply #167617 | Report this post

Rufus Fudge  
Years ago

Unfortunately Boti has been a Voldemort supporter since the 70's and wouldn't ask the tough questions over the last 4 seasons....and still hasn't really.

Being in a town and the monopoly newspaper - now that sentiment amongst fans has reached fever pitch he now starts to meekly question Voldemort.

Poor reporting over 4 seasons by Boti 'Barnabas Cuff' in the Daily Prophet as made him look foolish.

If this was happening to Goorjian or Joyce Barnabas would be having a field day.

But because he has been in Voldemorts pocket the censoring had started many, many years ago.

Voldemort has been in media control for a long lomg time.

Reply #167625 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Anyone want to give me the gist of it....It's not on the Net.

Reply #167628 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Check email in a bit - will send you a copy.

Reply #167634 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

I actually think that Boti's artcile is reasonably critical without being attacking.

I think the photo says it all, doesn't it?

Reply #167636 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hahahaha - good point Dicko - exactly what I was thinking. If that doesnt say "I dont care anymore" then I dont know what does.

Reply #167637 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

can anyone post a link or cut n paste of it please?

Reply #167638 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It's now online

David Cooper helped and hindered in equal measure, though he clearly has the coaching staff's confidence.

Unfortunately, his minutes appear to come at Neil Mottram's expense. One is a championship centre and former Boomer, the other is Cooper.

Reply #167644 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Axel Dench's sweat could cure cancer"

Reply #167650 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Thanks Isaac,

I dont see anything attacking, strong or negative about Voldemort in the article, it seems boti puts all the blame with the players (not that they arent partly responsible)

Whats with the shots at Cooper? for me, he has been the guy who has consistently worked his butt off this year.

Only comments to Voldemort are soft inuendo about the zone etc.

Reply #167657 | Report this post

Pedro  
Years ago

Ver harsh on Cooper. Has been one of the few consistent players this year.

Reply #167660 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Agree entirely with Me's comments re Cooper. The guy has been one of the few standouts this year in my opinion. Should never have had to play the time he has, but really, Mottram has been basically a passenger most of the year.

Reply #167662 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Might be that any comments about Phil are fairly new for Boti?

I think he's just lost faith in Coops. I, too, think Coops has been pretty decent - started connecting on some of those long twos, etc.

Might just be that he thinks that Coops is not going to push them towards being a championship winning team in the future?

Reply #167665 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Fair point Isaac, i dont think that Cooper will be the driving force behind a 36ers championship.

But, theres a fairly long list ahead of him that can have that said about them at the moment, yet boti seemed to pick a soft target in Cooper.

Most of those others havent done the hard yards that he seems to have this season. (keeping in mind, my game viewing is based on 2 live games and 3-4 on fox)

Reply #167667 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Regarding that list, who would they be?

Sutton - hasn't had loads of time to prove himself
Copeland - already retiring, you'd assume
Dench - cops a bit in the article

Might explain Boti's thinking?

Reply #167672 | Report this post

hoop fiend  
Years ago

I dont think Boti is criticising Coops, but rather the court time that Coops is getting V Motts.
Is Coops more than twice the player that Motts is {which court time indicates} I dont think so.

This is coaching criticism. Say Motts gets 4 boards in 13 minutes, Coops gets 5 boards in 28 minutes, and overall we get beaten on the boards, maybe the coaches should look at what's happening with the minutes. In Perth Coops led all players in minutes, is he our best player? Was he totally shutting down Rogers on a consistent basis? Was he our most affective weapon against the Perth Wall?

Its a hard ask of Coops giving his frame, but Coops has given his all this season and had a great year and no one is criticising him i believe.

This is coaching criticism most definitely.

Reply #167684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I couldnt believe he said that the boomers should aim to be one of the top 8 teams at this years olympics. They must have one of the better squads of all time at the moment and though they're inexperienced i cant see why they shouldn't aim for a top 4 finish, I bet Goorj would be aiming above the top 8.

Reply #167697 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Probably not a knock on the Boomers as much as it is a sign of how good the European teams are - Russia, Greece, Lithuania, Spain, France & Croatia to name a few plus the USA is a very deep Olympics

Reply #167717 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

By the way - did Boti invent a new word:

chutzpah

I thought only George W was supposed to re-write the English dictionary?

Reply #167719 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

No, I think you just learned a new word, lockstock :-). It's a Yiddish word for impudence.

Reply #167722 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

lockstock, it's used quite regularly by US columnists especially. Definitely not a new term.

Reply #167730 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Wow - I can go home now

Reply #167739 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

pronounced 'h-ootspa' like foot-spa but the c in front gives it the back of the throat yiddish sound...
Thought you'd like that lockstock ;)

Reply #167753 | Report this post

Robbo  
Years ago

School's out Sucker!

I thought Boti was harsh on Cooper, although i can't believe Mott's gets so lil time.

Also can't believe that Sutt's got put in at a crucial time in the game!

Def time for phil to go. Ninnis anyone?

Reply #167758 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

So where's this article with Boti finally giving Valdermort the criticism he deserves, because that wasn't it.

Boti is protecting Valdermort to the death as much as he can.

Reply #167788 | Report this post

brock  
Years ago

kcas lihp htyms !!!!!

Reply #167971 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

DC, Boti actually says in a Q&A on the Fox Sports site that he thinks it's time for a change.

Reply #168323 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:21 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754