raytri
Years ago

Boti for Coach

Must say I agree with everything Boti had to say in todays paper. In particular his reference to former Boomer "Motts". Loosing minutes at the expense of Cooper.

Topic #14275 | Report this topic

hoop fiend  
Years ago

I cannot believe Coops as solid as he is, has recently been getting double the minutes of Motts. I can only think it is because he is being hampered by the broken nose or foul trouble.

When Motts is on the floor the team appears to perform better defensively and board better.

But i am happy with Boti as just a reporter.

Reply #167679 | Report this post

hoop fiend  
Years ago

i should have posted against prior post.

Reply #167680 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Umm - You are all forgetting that Motts is a foul machine.

Add to that, Cooper is a way better defender. What is Motts offering that Cooper doesn't? Offense? No Really. If we want points from a big, we will feed Balls. If we want someone to play solid D in the paint, we run Coops.

Reply #167685 | Report this post

raytri  
Years ago

Coopers defense consists of going out to the man making the shot, only to sag off him to get a rebound which in most cases he tries to hit out to another player. This often leaves the offense with an uncontested shot.
Mottram is strong defensively under the bucket, one of the few in the team who is. Maybe thats why he attracts the attention of the refs. Remember it was Motts who helped us get back to within 5 on Wednesday before he was subbed off.
What happened then?????

Reply #167694 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Motts is massively over-rated. Coops isn't that great either, but bring in Schensch and then have them both coming off the bench for limited minutes

Reply #167709 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Is Schensh going to be that dominant anyway?

Reply #167723 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Just wanted to +1 that I thought Mottram was the best we had against Rogers. I remember thinking "Rogers hasn't scored in a bit" and then spotting the mask!

Reply #167731 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Bizzy: if he got to the NBA, you would think he is... it would be nice to have a South Australian born player who can get 20/10 regularly at his height...

I like Mottram, he just needs to be careful on defence sometimes and really force the ball up more in the post, he is very strong and can do more. Terrific rebounder too. Cooper is a blocking king, has a nice jumpshot from just inside the 3 and has gets a few nice layups or dunks. His freethrows are accurate aswell.

Reply #167732 | Report this post

Linton  
Years ago

why do people rate coopers obviously crappy defence? do u guys actually watch him play and notice he is always out of position and leaves huge gaps in that zone which leads to easy opposition baskets, never gets a rebound because when the shot goes up he never boxes out and just follows the ball and stands under the ring so it just bounces over his head every time. Why does he stand outside on offence? he is no david stiff.

Reply #167750 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

a coach who could utilise these bigs would be a plus for a start.

+1 to isaacs comment motts definently matched it with rogers

Reply #167752 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boti is overrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #167828 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

as a junior coach Boti makes an outstanding journalist

Reply #167937 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:25 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754