In the know
Years ago

Is the first draft of ABL out?

Do we have a first draft of the ABL draw for next year?

Topic #1430 | Report this topic

below the belt  
Years ago

All i know is Woodville have reserved the runners up position

Reply #16425 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

woodville women runnersup i'll drink to that

Reply #16427 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Draft of the 2005 ABA schedule (XLS - Excel Format, 28KB)

This is definitely a draft, so don't go planning any holidays around it or anything!

Reply #16428 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Once again home court WILL be an advantage!

Reply #16436 | Report this post

Manute Bol  
Years ago

18 game season. Are you sure the players will be able to handle this many games?

Reply #16443 | Report this post

easy rider  
Years ago

Well Manute that is what 7 out of 10 delegates voted for ans the delegates you would think are expessing the views of the coaches and players. West were not represented at the meeting that voted 7 to 2 in favour of a
18 game season which means that 14 out of 18 coaches and 168 players out of 216 were in favour of the 18 game season. That is of course if the Club delegates and their presidents got of their arses and consulted with the Club coaches and playing staff which I doubt very much.

Reply #16451 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

Panther,

Does that mean Norwood have no chance next year as I see their home games are scheduled for the Dome. I wonder if this will impact their revenue through canteen takings etc??

Reply #16452 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

On the ball "???" My prediction will be...Norwood 0 and 18 without the home court advantage and will go into a social league due to the lack of income!

Reply #16454 | Report this post

Panther, thats bit harsh after all the work u did against Westies to get them to the summer season finals.

Reply #16456 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

It was a tongue in cheek joke in reference to my recent posts about home court advantage, so don't worry jbb Norwood will be up there in my book.

Reply #16460 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

JBB,

A better response to Panther would have been: "How can you say its 0-18; don't Norwood play South twice?"

Reply #16462 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

oh c'mon ??? that's a bit rough!

Reply #16464 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

It was a tongue in cheek joke in reference to our recent posts about home court advantage, so don't worry Panther, South will be up there in my book.

Reply #16466 | Report this post

In the know  
Years ago

All i wanted was the draw. I guess any chance to bag someone on here people will jump at the chance.Thanks Isaac

Reply #16467 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

A bit sensitive "In the Know"...

Reply #16472 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

In the know,

You take life too seriously. Basketball for most people is about having fun, enjoyment and having a dig at each other (provided its friendly). I don't think anyone here was bagging anyone. Just some friendly banter arising from other topics.

Panther, please accept my sincerest apologies for the uncalled for harsh criticism of the mighty blue and whites. I trust you will now be at ease with my comments and with life generally.

Reply #16474 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

hey below the belt, i think we would be stoked if we finished second this year, it would probably be well above expectations. so that comment was crap mate

Reply #16490 | Report this post

basman  
Years ago

i am pretty sure north will have a good minor round season, and then choke in the finals!!!....they love it!!!

Reply #16516 | Report this post

18 games a joke  
Years ago

Easy rider, just because the presidents or whoever voted for the club chose an 18 game season, does not mean that is what the players and coaches wanted, its all about the clubs not being able to put on the extra home games due to lack of support and effort. Every player that I have spoken to would much rather a 22 or 27 game season.....pathetic effort by 8 of the clubs.

Reply #16553 | Report this post

ShutUp!!  
Years ago

So "18 games a joke", I assume you are involved in ABL as a player, or know someone who is. Are you going to volunteer to act as a Scorer, Stats person, Games Commissioner, Court Announcer, Door Person, Canteen Person, Team Manager at your home stadium so that you can have those extra couple of home games.
9 games is enough when you consider most volunteers are parents of either Junior or Senior players or both.

Reply #16721 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I like the idea of one game home and one game away against every team. The league needs to spice up the season a bit. Perhaps a mid season round robin tournament, split into two 'conferences', played over two days at Wayville/Pasadena.

Riding on the tournament could be 'bonus' points for the winners of each conference and the overall winner. Would attract big crowds (I think!).

Some of the best basketball times are had at carnivals, and its a different type of game.

Would give struggling teams a chance to get back at the leading teams, and breath some life into a struggling league (crowd/ public interest wise).

What do u think?

Reply #16728 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I like it. Even a couple of afternoon double headers would be great but impacts home-court advantage for some teams.

Reply #16729 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Yeah, thats why I thought a round robin across two days, would attract fans from all clubs, minimise any home court advantage for Forestville/Sturt. Avoid the Dome, too big. Get the game back to the clubs, have some atmosphere with full grand stands and standing room only.

Have decent food stalls set up, with each club running one stall each, taking the proceeds. Sixers could set up a merchandise stall, with players appearing across the two days to sign merchandise.

It would work, but it would mean effort and co-operation from all clubs. I mean, West couldn't even organise a reserves team, when there were plenty of willing players who would have played on short notice.

If the season is still in draft form, something like this could still be done....

Reply #16732 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

A nice budget-oriented sausage sizzle courtesy of Southern would be good. (Sorry, must be lunch time.)

I definitely agree with the preference for games at the local stadiums. Much better grassroots atmosphere.

Reply #16736 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:32 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754