Fill Smythe
Years ago

Female coach in the NBL?

All the usual suspects (Ninnis , Stacker) are suggested as new 36er coaches.
Would Jan Stirling be able to bring success to the men's court? There are not many people available who have had success at international level.

Topic #14303 | Report this topic

XztatiK  
Years ago

Cant see it happening.

Reply #168234 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Female head coach? IN MY NBL?

Reply #168238 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

haven't we already got one?

Reply #168239 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

He means other than Shane Heal.

Reply #168242 | Report this post

someamateur  
Years ago

I think that would not be a bad thing. She would be able to rip into Australian players but not sure how the respect would be from the imports.

Reply #168266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The boys would be too threatened and insecure to cope with a winner like Stirling

Reply #168280 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

She is a great coach, great resume, well respected, but I don't think she'd go well in the male league. The imports from overseas would certainly show some disrespect.

Reply #168322 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

If I were Mal , I'd ask her to come out for one season , help out , assistant coach or tech. coach .

Reply #168334 | Report this post

Clint Dogg  
Years ago

LMAO!

THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

1. Your Female champion/legend/star did not even last 1 FULL season this year with Sth melb.

2. Yes Lauren Jackson has game, ONLY Vs. other WOMEN THO, men (point guards at that) would post her up ALL DAY and score simply in a proper Mens game.

3. Mens game = ABOVE the rim. Females game = Below the rim, hovering around the court with their fatt chubbs everywhere.

This is a problem when women think they are as good as men, when will they learn that they will never ever be as good as a man at anything.

Reply #169233 | Report this post

Robbo  
Years ago

Dogg,

"This is a problem when women think they are as good as men, when will they learn that they will never ever be as good as a man at anything".

ANYTHING?

1 - Jackson would beat me in a game, and I'm a man.

2 - A quite large % of chicks are good at having children... how do you measure up?

I'm not saying that Jan Stirling would be a great NBL Coach, but i suggest ANYBODY who has the chance to pick her brain about sport in general do so, as her perspectives are quite eye-opening.

Stirling would be a great asset to any team she was a member of the coaching staff.

Reply #169305 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:14 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754