coaches08
Years ago

Maher Out a Further Two Weeks?

Just read the atricle about Ebi's massive game on nbl.com.au and the last line of the article stated Maher would be out a FURTHER two weeks!

Just keeps getting worse for the Sixers!

Imagine if Coplenad is suspended for Wednesday, Maher is out injured, Hodge still injured and Davo keeps cramping up!

I think that the record 48 point defeat is in danger of being beaten already!

Topic #14307 | Report this topic

joshuapending  
Years ago

he was on the radio yesterday and said initial assessment was 2 and a half weeks. He said its feeling better and best case was another week off. I think it will drag for another 2 though.

Reply #168281 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

No point rushing him back, our season is over anyway.

Reply #168287 | Report this post

Lachy K  
Years ago

I really do think this is his last year playing for NBL, hes to the point now where hes out half the season due to injury.

Peace
Lachy

Reply #168290 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

What an informed and well considered opinion Lachey ... *cough*
I'd think he still has plenty left in him, but not as a starter. Would have at least 2yrs left in him as a 6th, 7th man ..

Reply #168295 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Agreed Melvin another import 1 or 2 would really help take the load off maher and davo

Reply #168308 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Give him from now until the start of next season to get over all his niggling injuries and take it from there. No point in him playing any more games this season because it will make no difference whatsoever. In fact, I would have suggested that they close their season now and not bother any further except for the fact that the other teams they have yet to play are reliant on the extra win. They have thrown it all away in a matter of 4 days.

Reply #168361 | Report this post

Quasi  
Years ago

Although the comment about Maher having longer as a 6th/7th man is true, who says that this is what Brett wants to do? He is a champion player and still has the game of a starter that is a danger to anyone in the league. Fact is his legs are screwed and to be honest, I see him retiring in the near future. What's the point in competing if you can't compete to your best ability? His injuries are preventing him from playing consistent matches and I don't see him going on for much longer, unfortunately. He's the sort of player that you wish could go on forever

Reply #168397 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Quasi, its called aging. It happens to all of us unless you die young. Aging brings slowness and body aches regardless of profession. Maher has got a lot to look back on in the past and be extremely proud. He is not responsible for the fact that he is getting older. I can see him playing a few more seasons as he still has a lot to give but on a more reduced role.

Reply #168401 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I am with Quasi. I would love to see him go round one more time, but I really think he might be thinking about pulling the plug after this season.

Reply #168409 | Report this post

Rarney Bubble  
Years ago

Bit similar to Nathan Buckley? Recurring soft tissue injury.

Reply #168416 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:10 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754