Stuart
Years ago

Would Voldemort coach another team?

If Phil doesn't continue coaching the 36ers after this season, would you like to see him at the helm of another NBL team in the future?
Does having 10 years experience, three Championships, and being an ex-national coach help his credentials, or have the past few years burnt any chance of him moving on?

Right now I don't think he's in the top 13 coaches in Oz, but surely with his knowledge and age (50 years old) he has something left to give.

None of this "at least we wouldn't finish last" nonsense.

Topic #14313 | Report this topic

LJ  
Years ago

I am positive he will coach another team. With the right players in the team (i.e. players that wouldn't need teaching and know how to play the game) I am sure he will add to his 3 championships!

Reply #168350 | Report this post

I think the fact that the league is getting younger it will make it harder for him to get another gig as most in the league know he isnt a teacher of talent, but more of a manager of talent.

Having said this its a well known fact that JVG in Brisbane loves Phil and with the amount they spend on teams he may land in Brisbane one day and it would be a decent fit.

Reply #168351 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

think he will have a number of offers, good luck

Reply #168356 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

he wont get any offers if those teams read these forums

Reply #168366 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

hehehe....thats the reason for the name change IMO

Reply #168367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Does ... being an ex-national coach help his credentials"

Well, he did finish in a better position than what Brian Goorjian did coaching at Worlds and he still got fired!

Reply #168370 | Report this post

d  
Years ago

If Joyce can get another gig so can Phil, depending on whether he wants to continue coaching.

Reply #168371 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He will go into the media and all the best to him too.

Reply #168374 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

I couldn't care less what he does.

Reply #168408 | Report this post

Pogo  
Years ago

He will coach NBL next year at another club for sure. What the team and cue ball needs is a fresh start to reignite the passion again.

There is a long list of coaches & players from other sports that have become stale at one club, then gone on to reignite their passion for the game at another club.

Nothing like a fresh start with a new club to do that.

Reply #168410 | Report this post

Izzy  
Years ago

Doubt it, too much baggage comes with the product and everyone is now wise as to what you are getting yourself in for employing this 'coach'. Is only held in high regard in this state by the seduced, but interstate not rated at all.

Reply #168415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yea you are right Izzy, they all know what he is like. Word travels fast.

Reply #168422 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:55 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754