Anon
Years ago

Regionalisation of Div 3,4 and below

Is there still plans to Regionalise this level of competition in district basketball.?

Topic #14337 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

It will eventually happen but only Div 4 and 5 will be affected.
Fee's should be dropped for these Div's.
While I believe it is still good to be involved in a club, the travel involved for lower Div's which some could say is glorified "social basketball" is expensive.
I think if it was ran correctly it could have potential.
I would prefer to play, for example, teams in my area, North,than have to travel South for 9.40pm games.
But hey, thats just my opinion!

Reply #168704 | Report this post

the foley show  
Years ago

we talking seniors or juniors?

Reply #168728 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why should fees be dropped?
Your fees pay for (mostly)the hiring of your training venues, and other smaller things like team registration.

None of these will change.

Reply #168742 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

At this stage I believe it is Junior District Basketball.

Reply #168769 | Report this post

Lets hope this is the 1st step in a revamp of the whole district bball scene in SA.

Reply #168791 | Report this post

veteran  
Years ago

don't know what to think of this - frankly i would leave it alone - it if aint broke dont fix it.

if the div 4s keep coming out each week - leave it.

they will be pissed what competition they have will be downgraded

if there is a list of complaints and issues - yes remodel the comp - not just a political whim or trend

but YES have pro / rel

Reply #168889 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:46 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754