Jack Toft
Years ago

Funny Tonight: Skinning a Tiger

So a lot of people reckon we'll be trashed tonite. Last home game (game 2) all their starting 5 got to double figures. Barlow (19), Anstey (17), Thomas (14), Muursepp (12) and McDonald (10). Our 5: Balls (19), Brett (13), Brad (13), Dench (8), MC Hammer (3).

OK, so we have nothing to lose tonite, so what will be the strategy. I say the current "standard" 5 to start (Ninja, Brad, Hodge (?), Coops and Balls) Once we get going, bring on Jordy as the enforcer to take Anstey out of the game (would suggest the Axe, but a pussy cat never beats a tiger)Don't use Balls as the enforcer as this just cuts down a scoring option. Keep the Burdman on for longer as he has some run, and Motts needs 24 mins on court as he has a physical presence as well.

So what will happen tonight? We'll find out in about 10 hrs!

Topic #14342 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Run Mottram on Anstey to throw him off his game, not Dodman. As soon as Anstey starts sulking, the crowd will get into it. That's the best chance IMO.

Also, I don't think Melbourne are a killer team like Brisbane. They win, but they don't go for the jugular. Counting wins by around 18 points or more, Brisbane has 10 this season to Melbourne's 3.

If Adelaide can stay in touch, a late charge could work. Keep Davidson out of foul trouble. Focus on their front court.

Is Hodge in or out? If out, I think that hurts our chances more than anything.

Reply #168748 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Hodge is playing tonight.

Reply #168751 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not sure if it's a sign or not, but Triple J are currently playing a version of "Can You Feel It?"!

Reply #168753 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Huge fan, but cant see us getting anywhere within 25points tonight. Id love someone.....anyone on that 36er team to prove me wrong!!!!

Reply #168754 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Isaac

Pure luxury, I'd kill to have a radio at work. Or are you in the Ferrari?

Reply #168755 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

At the office Sturty.

Kobe, Tigers are notorious for playing down to the level of their opponents. Hodge playing will be a huge help. I reckon 14-18 points.

Centrebet have the line at +9.0.

Reply #168758 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

I think that line is a pretty safe bet. Don't particularly see the Tigers ever being really threatened & should coast to victory.

Too big for us to handle, and too much depth as well. Plus the obvious disparity in coaching level between the two sides.

Expect Melbourne to go through the motions & rack up a ~15 point win.

Of more interest is whether the crowd is up around the 6K mark as with the previous two home games. I'd suggest not, and am tipping it to be in the low 4000 region.

Reply #168761 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

Run Mottram on Anstey to throw him off his game, not Dodman. As soon as Anstey starts sulking, the crowd will get into it. That's the best chance IMO.

I disagree, we need a confrontation to fire up the team and the crowd, like when we beat the Kings and Carter ruffled Davo's hair. Cooper plays the best D and could frustrate Anstey, if we can get Anstey to ruffle Coops' hair, that's our only chance.

Reply #168763 | Report this post

Who Me?  
Years ago

Hope you enjoy your "freebies" tonight - Hoop Addict!

Not sure that there are any games where they would be any good anyway

Reply #168770 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Is Hodge confirmed to be playing?

Reply #168771 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

You've kind of lost me there Who Me? but, errr, thanks.

Reply #168782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Tigers do tend to play down to their opponents level which is a worry because in their last 3 games against adelaide they've won by 29, 16 and 18 points.

Reply #168783 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

Pigs played a full court press back into man against the Tigers for most of the game, I thought quite effectively, got the Tigers out of rhythmn offensively and they struggled to get good looks at the basket.

Do Sixers have a team capable of running full man or press most of the game?

Reply #168815 | Report this post

Jerry  
Years ago

Hey Mr.Isaac Mendez, any idea who the artist is that is doing the "Can you feel it" been on the trip j site and there isn't any info on it. Would like to try and get a download for tonights 17 point win.

Reply #168821 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Didn't catch the artist or track name, sorry!

Maybe try asking on the Triple J forums?

Reply #168826 | Report this post

ClownDog  
Years ago

Try JPlay:
http://www.jplay.com.au/

Reply #168850 | Report this post

flatshot  
Years ago

in tigers v breakers there was a classic moment where anstey had the ball stolen and when he looked to whinge the other 9 players were playing the next set at breakers end so he covered himself by limping down the other end and started running normally as soon as he forgot. So much talent and such a whinger!! Throw anyone but Ballinger at Anstey and annoy him til he loses it

Reply #168856 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

any live audio??

is hodge donaldson??

Reply #168882 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

1/4 time

30 - 30

Reply #168883 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Good to see Jordy have a good run - he did very well IMO

Reply #168941 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:30 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754