Fill Smythe
Years ago

The PM & the Coach

A contributor to Lato's page (todays paper) insists that Voldemort is out of touch with reality.

Wonder if he'll get voted out like a certain PM who was in the job for about the same length of time?

Topic #14343 | Report this topic

Is that like the former PM was so out of touch that now under the new "Kevin 07" government shares have crashed, interest rates continue to rise, price of peterol continues to rise, etc, etc?

Out of touch like the new PM did you mean?

Reply #168777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone who seriously believes those things are a result of the change of government needs help (and an education). Idiot!

Reply #168778 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

hehe, yup kevin07 is clearly responsible for the situation we find ourselves in, amazing how much difference you can make in..2 MONTHS!!

seriously, i dont think there is a huge difference between the 2 major parties, but there is no doubt the current situation is a result of the previous government.

1) Did the letter use voldemorts full name? if so, they can expect a call i imagine :)

2) I hope that Fill (voldemort) is able to continue to post

Reply #168779 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Come on Dont drink bath water that is not fair you have forgotten that now under Kevin's great labour party everyone in the country gets a pay rise it seems, so everyone wins! :) Such a great idea! Yeah right now everyone just wait for the price raise of everything! Nothing like Labour to mess up everything so that Liberal has to come in and fix it up as always!

Reply #168780 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KingJames - it is Labor (no 'u').

Reply #168784 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Sorry I don't have enough respect for them to even spell their name right :P

Reply #168787 | Report this post

sween  
Years ago

On one side you have two politicians that are self confessed sporting tragics one was a former diplomat.

On the other you have a tragedy dabbling in politics and failing diplomacy.

Reply #168794 | Report this post

drb  
Years ago

Dont drink bath water today you have no idea at all! The current economic situation has been inherited by labour from our previous govt poor fiscal policy, besides that due to micoreconomic reform in australia we have opened ourselves up to overseas influence!

i recommend that you start reading the Australian Fin Review or buy some books on economics before you make such stupid ill informed comments! sometimes i really wonder why we have complulsory voting in this country with uneducated tools making comments like that being able to vote!

Reply #168796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I just wonder, did the PM and Coach ever wash their hands, or, have they now washed their hands of it all?

Reply #168800 | Report this post

Oh and I forgot to mention the recent railway strike in SA and the threat of a nation wide airport baggage handlers strike still looming since Kev was voted in, ahhh Labor, gota love em!

Perhaps Kev needs to announce another "inquiry" into something.

Kevin 07 = win the election and worry about details later; I am sure that was what one of his minions, Midnight Peter, said before a press conferance last year.

Yup, welcome to life under Labor; Hard Labor more like it!

Reply #168801 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

O My God! What have I done?
This was meant to be an analogy, not a critique of our beloved Westminster system and the politicians who fail it.

Reply #168803 | Report this post

Sorry drb, I cant understand your big words, but they sound like a crock of $h!t any how.

Cheers!

Reply #168804 | Report this post

Years ago

Why don't you all take your political debate somewhere else? Piss off!

Reply #168807 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

This was meant to be an analogy...

Fill, I kinda like the comparison with Britney Spears myself.

Phil debuted with success in 98. Britney launched her first album at around the same time and it was a hit - ...Baby, one more time.

Phil obliged and got the repeat in 99. Britney released her second album, again to rampant sales and publicity - Oops!...I Did It Again. Correct, he certainly did!

For a couple of years, the 36ers under Phil didn't win it all but did OK. During that period, Britney released an album (Britney) that wasn't quite as well received as those before it.

In 02, Phil got the flag with an underdog side. Britney, meanwhile, released an album that wasn't overly well received initially, but won a Grammy regardless. It was called In The Zone. A zone, you say? Sounds familiar!

Since then, Britney has prioritised things other than her original focus. She put out the movie Crossroads, featured in some advertising campaigns and put out branded perfume. Her brand in the music world subsequently slipped a little. She got ahead of herself with a Greatest Hits album. Then a couple featuring Remixes and little else. Same old, same old critics might have thought.

Fans were disappointed at a performance last year that she seemed to be just going through the motions.

This year, she's put out Blackout. It's getting reasonable play, but her antics have distracted from that and her reputation has dropped.

She is divorced with two kids. Oh, and shaved her head... all were wondering why at the time, but perhaps now we know!

After her most recent burst of craziness, it was reported that a "Dr" Phil visited her in hospital.

Hmmm...

Reply #168823 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

Isaac, you are scary mate. I hope you did some research and didn't know all that off the top of your head?

Reply #168824 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Isaac.....Give yourself a ball.

And then quickly remove it again for knowing SO MUCH about Britney Spears.

If you'd done the yellow/red card thing, I reckon you would have been the first guy to get a ball and a red card for one post.

Reply #168827 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Original observation re similarity of career paths came from a Bo Hamburger email. Subsequent research and fleshing out via me hitting Wikipedia.

Reply #168828 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Sounds like a Voldermort-like attempt to shift blame.

Reply #168830 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Credit where credit is due! Bo's just too busy this week to look after it himself but I thought it was intriguing enough to post.

Reply #168831 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

That deserves a Gold ball Isaac, but DICKO & Phizzer both have valid points.

Reply #168832 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

At least Britney doesn't just stand on stage with her hands in her pockets .
She at worst will throw in a few moves in with some gorgeous lip synching .

Reply #168839 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Valdemort probably looks better in his underwear though.

Reply #168842 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

DICKO, if you can imagine Voldemort in underwear, you're more of a worry than Isaac! ;)

Britney doesn't know when to call a "time-out" either.

Although, she did "substitute" her chest area at the right time just as her career took off.

Reply #168845 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:47 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754