F: Tim Duncan, San Antonio
F: Carmelo Anthony, Denver
C: Yao Ming, Houston
G: Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers
G: Allen Iverson, Denver

Topic #14379 | Report this topic

Bizzy  
Years ago

AI's a bit of a surprise though. Was down 80,000 votes after the 2nd to last ballot and then overtook T-Mac by 10,000 after the final ballot.

Really CP3 should have been the start, he's on pace to become the only NBA player in HISTORY to average 20 ppg, 10 apg and 3 spg.

Reply #169215 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I think Chris Paul deserves a starting spot too. He's been superb all season.

He'll be the best PG in the league when Kidd retires.

Reply #169218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CP best PG in the NBA when Kidd retires!!! Dont think so mate, think you forgot a certain former MVP Mr Steve Nash is still playing and will be the best point guard in the NBA untill he retires.

Reply #169220 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Disagree Anon - especially if Steve Kerr fires D'Antoni at seasons end, if they bring in a coach that runs half court sets, watch Nash decline considerably.

Reply #169222 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

If I was starting a franchise and my choice of starting PG was between CP3 and Nash, I'd be taking CP3 without a doubt.

To be honest, I'd also take CP3 over Kidd, but that is purely an age/contract thing not a skill-based opinion.

Leaves an interest choice for the coaches as to see who they select as the back-up guards. Do both Nash and CP3 get a run???

I'm glad Dwight got selected over Shaq. I was getting a little sick and tired of it being a popularity contest.

Anyone want to have a go at the reserves???

Reply #169226 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Will Melo still be out? Saw a headline regarding an injury but didn't read the details.

Reply #169231 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Agreed TR did NOT wana see shaq there, he is rubbish right now.

Reply #169232 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Melo sprained his ankle recently and missed 1 game so far. Probably a day to day thing. He should recover by the ASG.

I'd take CP as my point guard any day now mate if I was to start a team. He's young, fresh and hungry. He's the best PG when Nash & Kidd retire.

Reply #169234 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

TR,

Totally agree CP3 is definitely my starting PG on any team.

In terms of reserves I'm thinking:

West is hard to pick with so many guys at the moment deserving, if I was picking I'd go with:

CP3
Camby
Manu
Baron Davis
Amare

I reckon the League will go with:

CP3
T-Mac (if he plays? He mentioned somewhere he might miss it due to his leg injury)
Camby
Nash
Josh Howard

East is a bit easier, I'd go with:

Caron Butler
Jose Calderon
Ray Allen
Sheed or Bosh to play Center (After Howard the East are pretty weak at C)
Geral Wallace or Josh Smith

NBA I have no idea where they will go with the East but I suspect they will pick Allen & Pierce and probably Shaq.

Reply #169238 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

My picks:

West Reserves:

PG: CP3
SG: Brandon Roy
C: Amare Stoudamire
SF: Shawn Marion
PF: Carlos Boozer
+2: Dirk Nowitzki / Steve Nash

Unlucky: Baron Davis, Marcus Camby, Chris Kaman, Deron Williams, Al Jefferson, Tyson Chandler, Josh Howard

East Reserves:

PG: Chauncy Billups
SG: Paul Pierce
C: Chris Bosh
SF: Richard Jefferson
PF: Antawn Jamison
+2: Caron Butler / Joe Johnson

Unlucky: Ray Allen, Crash Wallace, Jose Calderon, Josh Smith, AI2

Could Bogut get a run??If they select Bosh at the power forward position who in the East becomes the backup Centre???. Could be a repeat of the Magloire selection from a few years ago.

Reply #169248 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Paul's not the best PG when Nash and Kidd retire, he's the best PG in the league right now.

Reply #169252 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Spot on twentyfour that's what I was trying to tell em'

Reply #169255 | Report this post

lol ok lets see if Paul can win in the postseason before we get too rash jeez

Reply #169257 | Report this post

He'd be lucky to make it after Parker and Nash anyway. he's only going to make it because its in NO. (at the expense of a better player in Parker)

Reply #169258 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

ELG do you have any idea? What has Nash's team won? Except a ticket out of the Playoffs before they reach the Big Dance?

I would take CP3 & TP over Nash.

Reply #169263 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

ELG, why the hate? I'm a PHX fan too, but it's OK, Chris Paul is better then our Nash (and a hell of a lot better than Parker, not sure why you think he should make the AS game). Accept it, move on and appreciate the superstar that is Chris Paul.

Reply #169265 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Chris Paul is great and we have plenty of years ahead to enjoy him. He gets better every time he hits the hardwood.

Reply #169298 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

ELG...we agree!?

Nash over any point guard in the league. Best shooter in the game (midrange, 3pt, FT, pull ups, clutch) as well as his amazing ability to make everyone better and make plays (which is obvious).

And Bizzy, half court sets and Nash will decline? Wouldn't a coach play his game to his star players ability? Why change it up and watch him decline, that makes no sense...

And why would you have Ray Allen in your team ahead of Paul Pierce? And Baron Davis and Manu over Nash or Roy???

East Reserves:

Paul Pierce
Chauncey Billups
Joe Johnson
Jose Calderon
Chris Bosh
Caron Butler
Antawn Jamison

West Reserves:

Chris Paul
Steve Nash
Dirk Nowitzki
Brandon Roy
Amare Stoudamire
Kevin Martin?
Carlos Boozer

Also, no ones mentioned Stephan Jackson?

Reply #169307 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

mm...rethinking that Kevin Martin selection. Put either of Deron Williams, Baron Davis, Stephen Jackson or Manu Ginobili in there for him

And I'd take Carter before I'd take Jefferson. He does a lot more for the Nets. But I have niether because the Nets are a joke (pfft..Kidd best point guard in the league)

Reply #169311 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Manu deserves a spot. His best season by far.

Agree that CP3 deserves a starting spot. Im just got the Hornets for the 'ship at $34. Good value IMO.

Reply #169318 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

On this seasons form Parker would be very lucky to hold the jockstrap of Nash and CP3 during the weekend.

I don't think Carter has had a great season this year. I picked Jefferson as I already had Pierce at the SG. Guess I could move Pierce to the SF and slot in Ray Allen at the SG.

I guess what swayed me is that Jefferson is having a career year in scoring (up to 23 ppg), whilst Carter has seen his scoring drop from 25ppg to 20ppg. Much of a muchness between the two, maybe Carter due to being the All-Star game, he's is more flashy than Jefferson. Nets are poo this year, but I do like the look of Josh Boone and Sean Williams for the future.

Reply #169321 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

I agree, but I just think Carter brings more to the table for the Nets. He is a very underrated playmaker and rebounder, plus he is their go-to-guy in the clutch and has delieverd on more than one occasion. Despite his dismal start to the year, he has picked it up and is still putting up solid numbers of 20 5 5

Reply #169324 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

After having a good look at those teams, I'm quite disappointed. Paul is the best player on the best team out West, yet doesn't get a start; Wade is on the worst team in the East and league (well, 2nd. But MIN and even SEA have a reason for being so bad) and does get a start; Kidd's Nets are only just hanging on to 8th in the East and Kidd's a horrible scorer. Although I admit that there aren't many other PG's to choose from.

My reserves -

West Bench:
Paul
Nash
Dork
Boozer
Stoudemire
Davis
Marion

Unlucky: Roy, Howard, Camby, Manu.

Leastern Bench:
Billups
Johnson
Pierce
Jamison
Bosh (assuming that the coaches don't go with an actual C)
Butler
Sheed

Unlucky: Turkoglu, Calderon, Bogut (probably the 2nd best 'C' out East).

Reply #169338 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

the starting lineups IS a popularity contest though - not about whose had better seasons...cant see how anyone can not include roy

Reply #169340 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Jules, while I agree with you asking the question why would a coach not play to Nash's strengths, I ask the question is that style of play actually going to win a ship? IMO no and hence a change needs to be made.

Reply #169352 | Report this post

Stephen Jackson over Baron. I like players who make teams better, sorry

oh and bizzy, Nash has won a lot more than Paul has. and probably will. Byron scott is the master of losing in the postseason. and with the minutes Paul logs i wouldn't be surprised if he's lost his spring come post season (and lets face it, thats what his game is based on)

Reply #169354 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:52 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754