big rumour
Years ago

Barcelona Bound - Rumors mark II

this is worthy of a new thread....sorry Panther boy!

word is Mr Jingles - Joe Ingles Southern Tigers young gun is not going to AIS next year he is heading to Spain, "euro league baby" Barcelona bound! They love him and want his game

Now that is gold baby!

Topic #1438 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

That is almost like been picked up for the NBA.

That is amazing! Is he an import?

Reply #16468 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I wouldn't go as far as to say it's like being picked up in the NBA! There are a few divisions over there if you didn't know!
Does he have a European background?

Reply #16470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lovn the positive vibes coming from you Panther.....

Reply #16475 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Panther, The Euro League is the Div 1 competition in Europe. When it comes to money, if ur not going to play NBA Euroleague is the next best thing.

Many of the Euroleague teams play in their local national leagues as well and therefore the rosters are often quite big. Kind of like the ABL and state league.

Reply #16476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

+ u get paid US$, u dont have to pay taxes on ur salary - and if u r an international player u get put up in plush apartment. Everything is taken care of.

Reply #16479 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Just because you say he's playing Euroleague doesn't mean he's playing in the division one league. They have teams and lower divisions.
I wouldn't say that it's the next best thing to NBA either, how many of these guys have you heard of???
SOLOMON, WILLIE.. DOMERCANT, HENRY.. McCASKILL, AMAL.. DOUGLAS, RUBEN.. BULLOCK, LOUIS.. BELL, TROY..ELLIOT, RODNEY..PATTERSON, ANDRAE MALONE..FOX, RICARDO..BASTON, MACEO..VANTERPOOL, DAVID??? All household names!
I think the American Basketball Association would be the next step down from NBA wouldn't it???

Reply #16482 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Or the Continental Basketball Association. If your talking money, I wouldn't know and unless you've played, been involved with or are an agent for players who are playing in these leagues how can you comment???

Reply #16484 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Is this based on the one SASI game? People were saying the same thign abotu Newley 2 years ago. Ingles will do his 2 years at the 'tute and play NBL.

Reply #16495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Panther, a mate of mine played in the Euroleague.

Reply #16510 | Report this post

R.C  
Years ago

The Coach of the Pro League Barcellona Team asked for Joes details after our game againsts Barcellona.... he has yet to hear from them regarding and offer yet but they seemed very interested. So lets not say goodbye yet. At this stage, its all AIS for this boy.

Reply #16559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PAnther, its like premier league in soccer. There are different divisions but the division 1 comp is called Euro league. Luv the shoes mate.

Reply #16573 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:12 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754