Anonymous
Years ago

New Orleans Hornets appreciation thread

Today I watched the Nuggets vs. Hornets game and man was I impressed with the team from NO. They look like making a deep run into the playoffs this year. Chris Paul is at least on of the top 3 point guards in the league and when Nash and Kidd retire he'll be No. 1 hands down. (He had 23 points, 9 assist and 17 ASSISTS!) Then they've got David West who is a great scorer, great shooters in Mo Peterson and Stojakovic and Tyson Chandler who provides an inside punch and is an absolute beast on the O boards. Then there is exiting rookie Julian Wright who looks very promising and can also jump through the roof and throw down some amazing dunks (I wouldn't be surprised if we see him in the dunk contest some time). The shattered fan base is growing again and everything about this franchise looks good. Watch out for this team come playoff time.

Topic #14416 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Stein has them at the top of his Power Rankings too. Great statline from CP3.

Been said a million times, but the Bulls must really wish they had Chandler instead of Wallace.

Reply #169753 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Got them at $34 for the championship last week. At that price, I'm almost hoping they beat my beloved Spurs.

Reply #169759 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

"(He had 23 points, 9 assist and 17 ASSISTS!) "

So basically he had 26 assists? Whoah

NO are a good team, but I still think they wont beat Phoenix come playoff time.

Reply #169782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You got that right Ingles13, theres no way the hornets can take down Phoenix come playoff time.

CP3 v Nash
Peterson v Bell
West v Marion
Stojakovic v Diaw
Chandler v Bell

As far as I see it, all of the hornets players will be thoroughly outclassed by phoenix's seasoned veterans. But then again, I reckon the Hornets can take down the spurs, whereas Phoenix can't in a 7 game finals series.
Hopefully the two teams match up late in the finals, give us something to dig our teeth into.

Reply #169786 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

I think Chandlers got a bit of a height advantage over Bell ;)

Reply #169788 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

How can you say they 'No way' can beat PHX???? The suns havent proved anything in any of there high scoring fast paced years, except that they are a very fun team to watch. They have no KILLER PUNCH in them IMO.

Not that the 2 teams will even meet each other, BUT if they do, Id say the Hornets are exactly the type of team the Suns would be worried about. CP3 is simply that good at quarterbacking a seemingly just above par roster!

Reply #169791 | Report this post

hmm they're better than the Lakers, kobe-for-mvp.

I mean they were the only team to give Spurs a run for their money last year

And i think the Hornets have a great roster. a PF who is a guaranteed 20 points, who can shoot from outside, a tall SG/SF (who can both shoot the lights out), and a centre who only wants to board and play defense. Why does everyone think Paul is 'carrying' this team?

Reply #169795 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

I think that the Hornets have a good chance of taking a series against the Suns come playoff time.
If you look at the last 3 meetings this season between the 2 teams (1 preseason game):

Preseason
@ PHX (W 111 - 106)
Regular Season
vs PHX (W 101 - 98)
@ PHX (W 118 - 113)

and just in case people are interested, the head-to-head stats between CP3 and Nash are fairly similar this season, with the main difference being the shooting %'s of Nash.

CP3:
PPG 20.6
RPG 4.0
APG 10.7
SPG 2.6
BPG 0.1
FG% 0.480
FT% 0.888
3P% 0.350
MPG 37.3

Nash:
PPG 17.6
RPG 3.5
APG 11.9
SPG 0.7
BPG 0.1
FG% 0.519
FT% 0.906
3P% 0.482
MPG 34.2

Reply #169851 | Report this post

the big cheese  
Years ago

they've a great core in chandler, paul, west and to a lesser extent peja (defenceless pure shooter - u can find them anywhere) but they have just about the worst role players in league. theyve got a great yound nucleus (especially if wright turns out any good) but until they can add a bowen/battier type, an all round 2 gaurd and some shooters and a decent big of the bench they will never be championship calibre squad

Reply #169852 | Report this post

the big cheese  
Years ago

thanks clarky.. who wouldve known that all we needed to predict a series outcome was a statistician

Reply #169853 | Report this post

I think he wanted to show off the fact he learned how to do one of those nice orange lines.

Reply #169858 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

lol... Phoenix never beats anybody come playoff time!

I've been a rabid Hornets supporter since the days of Johnson, Mourning and Gill. I even had one of those rad shirts with the Hornet coming out the front and his tail going through the back of the shirt. They were so awesome...

Reply #169889 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

Clarky,

Don't you mean the main difference is Defence vs No Defence

Reply #169909 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:51 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754