Jonno
Years ago

Interesting Julius Hodge article

Just found this article on Hodge, thought it was interesting to read. described as a player who is all heart, i think he has shown that with the 36ers so far aswell

Topic #14418 | Report this topic

Skud  
Years ago

Real good read that Johnno, alot more insightful than most articles. Wonder what happened to his shot though if it used to be so good.

Reply #169781 | Report this post

billups 1  
Years ago

i think his shot may have been effected by the shooting he was involved with.

Reply #169810 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He wasn't hit in the arms, so I'd be surprised if that were the case. This analysis was prior to his NBA stint (and the shooting incident):

Lacks great range on his shot & His outside shot lacks consistency ... May lack a position on the next level due to his strength and shooting concerns...
I don't think the article outright suggests that his shot was ever that great, more that he'd worked on it a bit before.

Still, what he gets done without the shooting is amazing. I thought this quote was great:
"Hodge is made up of three things: skin, bones and heart. Every time he steps onto the court, he puts the third ingredient on the line."

Reply #169816 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Still hard to guard and draws the foul most times

Reply #169832 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

With the qualities he possess, he can still be moulded into the exact player the 36ers need. If he can score 39 in one game and consistently score well, then his shot problem is not that severe. I would not have brought up the issue about his shot after the Cairns game. Who knows, this may be improving already with the role he plays with the 36ers. He is still relatively new here in Adelaide but what has been written about him may very well be a thing of the past.

Reply #169846 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

what do people think, is the article an accurate picture of the Julius we have seen here??
I think he has shown good heart, leadership and a never say die attitude in the games ive seen him play, i think those things with his all round game make him a great import and player to build around

Reply #169848 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

As im saying to everyone, we have the shooters. We have maher and ng aswell as davidson and dench who can all hit the 3 ball. We dont need him to shoot, though ofcourse it would be better if he could. He needs to draw the defence and give open looks or take it to the hole and score himself. Which is what hes doing at the moment!

Reply #169902 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard that he broke his arm in a couple places and that he just couldnt get his old shot back

Reply #169905 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

I thought maybe the shooting could have affected his shot aswell, but when you look at HOW he scores his points for us, his leg speed and mobility are a great part of it, if it affected his shot, by being shot :) then it would have had a greater impact on his layups and drive to the basket.

Reply #169958 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:23 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754