Spinner
Years ago

7pm on 2nd Feb Vs Bullets

The NBL site incorrectly (again!) has our game at 8pm. Just confirming - tip off is at 7pm - Fox game.

Topic #14423 | Report this topic

Camel 31  
Years ago

Thanks. ( Rest Brett Maher on saturday and play him on sunday, seems the go.)

Reply #169838 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Bring him on and play him according to need at the time. No point losing this one when it could have been won with him playing. If it turns out that he is not needed much, let him rest on the bench,

Reply #169840 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Ahhh nuts, was hoping for an 8pm start but thought it might be a mistake. The NBL website doesn't even have this game on their fox schedule: http://www.nbl.com.au/default.aspx?s=broadcast

I really hate 7pm Saturday night starts as I play sport on Saturday afternoon and find it very hard to get to the games on time. I understand that Fox wants to maximise its ratings by putting the game on in EST primetime but in my experience the biggest Adelaide crowds have been for 8pm Saturday night games.

What are people's thoughts? - do you prefer the earlier 7pm starts or the 8pm times which is the time that all Sixer games used to be before Fox had exclusive rights to show NBL live. And when the Sixers used to regularly sell out their venue. Of course this probably has more to do with the quality of the team back then but I'm sure the time of games is a factor.

Reply #169842 | Report this post

The Minx  
Years ago

Well Rat, 7pm is perfect for me this week as I've got a friends 21st afterward and can therefore get to it earlier in time for the speeches. I guess you'll just have to try harder and beat your opponent comprehensively so you can make it to the game on time.

Reply #169843 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

7pm is perfect for a Saturday night! The earlier the game the earlier people can start their 'night out on the town'. 6ers should push for more 7/7:30 starts to encouraging a younger crowd.

So many times ive had to attend Birthdays etc late due to 6ers games, yet there would be many who would just say 'stuff the bball tonight, straight to my party'.

Reply #169845 | Report this post

brock  
Years ago

7pm way past bedtime

Reply #169854 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

7:30-8pm suits me. Less rushing and can eat a decent meal @ home before attending.

But since I'm given 7pm, I compromise and work around it. Solves the problems + you don't always get what you want.

Reply #169878 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Righteo Mr Socialite Minx - you can buy the beers on Saturday then after I "djokovic" my opponent.

Reply #169920 | Report this post

ppba-jc  
Years ago

7pm is useless for us country folk... Finish work at 3 or 4, head down to the b'ball (2 & 1/2 hours for me) try to relax ready for the game...

I would prefer 7:30, but 8 is also great.

Reply #169931 | Report this post

I dont really care what time they play on Saturdays, as long as they dont have any more stupid Wednesday games.

Reply #169977 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I dont really care what time they play on Saturdays, as long as they dont have another loss.

Reply #170050 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:37 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754