kad
Years ago

Brisbane at $3.75 for championship?!

After last night, how can Centrebet still offer this? Call me crazy, but it seems like they are hitting form at the right end of the season.

Imagine if they held on to Blackie and Sammy was healthy!

Topic #14448 | Report this topic

Years ago

Well, they wouldn't be $3.75 then would they?

Reply #170138 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

SYDNEY KINGS 2.65
MELBOURNE TIGERS 3.25
BRISBANE BULLETS 3.75
PERTH WILDCATS 9.00
CAIRNS TAIPANS 21.00
GOLD COAST BLAZE 23.00
TOWNSVILLE CROCODILES 23.00
NEW ZEALAND BREAKERS 34.00
ADELAIDE 36ERS 161.00
WEST SYDNEY RAZORBACKS 501.00

Reply #170140 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

It's true the Bullets are still worth $3.75. I predicted all season they'd make it 2-peat this season. But I'm really having my doubts now.

Personally I don't think the Bullets can win it this season especially with Sam Mackinnon out. They need Sam to win.

I don't think the depth or the bench can handle the playoff pressure.

Dusty, CJ & Ere can't do it all alone.

I'd love for a healthy Taipans to win it and they are my smokey pick. I don't think anyone could stop a hot Jawai and Cat back helps. Also if Mee can remain healthy they'll be strong and have good PG direction.

Reply #170145 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Right now, Cairns are fighting to hold on to a play-off position!

I got on Perth when Redhage naturalised, but Shipp has been a really slow starter.

I still think that, with Ere, Brisbane are dangerous enough to threaten Sydney.

Reply #170147 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Got Perth at $11, which is a better bet that the Taipans IMO

Reply #170148 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I agree that with a hot Ere the Bullets will be dangerous for Sydney. But you need more blokes firing and other blokes stepping up. Spread the load. They can't reply solely on 1-3 players.

Reply #170149 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I hate Perth Wildcats with passion and Coach Fisher is an arrognant hateable pig. I'd rather not give them the satisfication of considering them a chance to win. The Bullets would deliver them back to reality.

Reply #170150 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The Bullets don't rely on only a few - Dusty, CJ, Ebi give them three main scorers, then Bradshaw is good for 15 PPG, Gibson has been scoring well recently and Williamson is dangerous.

Reply #170151 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

The depth of the Bullets is good and strong. I like Bradshaw and the game he produces. But we all know that playoff basketball is different to the regular season. We know teams step up another level. I just don't think these inexperienced young blokes can handle it yet. Bradshaw is only a rookie in the NBL. I could be under-estimating the team.

Reply #170152 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Don't class Bradshaw as a rookie , NCAA div 1 plus decent minutes with national team .
Gibson has no fear and Williamson is choc full of confidence , they can both get it done .
Then there is Dick Hill who can hurt you in many ways.
Brisbane are still a major threat .

Reply #170162 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Where are the Dragons odds?

Reply #170163 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

inexperienced young blokes

Huh? All their starters WON the finals last year. Sure, Bradshaw is new, but he played NCAA sweet16 ball last year, which surely helps. Martin and JB dont see enough minutes to count.

They are playing the same way they did last year at this time. If one player is hot, they run the set til that player has the ball. When that player gets cold, they find the next hot player.

Last night Dusty was hot at the start, then they went to Ebi. Toward the end CJ and Gibbo chimed in. Add Bradshaw, B-rad and Hill to the list of people that can warm up and go on a streak, and you run into problems shutting them all down.

Sydney have Wortho, Sav and Kendall who can play the go-to role with BJ and Smith as backups. (dont flame me over smith, you know he is quiet this year)

Tigers have Chris, Lampley, DT and Barlow with DMac and Hoare as backups.

Reply #170164 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Dicko, ill give you $5001.

Reply #170166 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Im putting 10 on adelaide just in case!

Reply #170221 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Dr Bullshit, worst $1,600 you ever lost.

Reply #170232 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I got the Cats at $14 or something and wish I could sell the bet - can't see them winning it. Shipp scored 14 last night, but isn't really gritty enough. If Perth had got someone like Hodge, it'd be a very different story!

Reply #170234 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Hehe, I feel the same about my 50/1 on the sixers Isaac. I still hold out hope for my 25/1 on the breakers!

Tempted to throw $100 on brisbane now which would mean if Brisbane, Adelaide or NZ win, I make a profit.

Reply #170254 | Report this post

MC's HammerTime  
Years ago

Must admit I jumped on the Wildcats bet when Rogers was rabbiting on about how he "would put a bet down if i was allowed to!" at $15.. Still dont think they have a hope in h3ll, think they could've done so much better with their imports and Shipp and Brown.

Reply #170383 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

At $3.75, I believe there is money to be made here. The Bullets have not been quite as successful so far this season as they were last season, but playing the Tigers in Melbourne without their skipper, its obvious they are in championship winning mode at the moment. Its was also obvious that as good as the Tigers have been this season, when the pressure is on, they choke. As for Sydney, you only have to look back at the Adelaide game and how exposed they were when confronted by refs that would not put up with their crap. With the right refs in the championship rounds, Sydney will struggle.

Reply #170422 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:58 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754