kad
Years ago

Spoilers - Adelaide v. Brisbane game thread

Live on Fox Sports 2.

Not sure why Adelaide's coach must pronounce Ere as "Air".

Topic #14478 | Report this topic

kad  
Years ago

Neat - shane breheny is on the roster tonight.

Reply #170526 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Brehney good news for the kid.

NBL.com.au says sixers by 6.

Im not as confident.

CMON SIXERS!!

Reply #170527 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

NBL website is screwed....

23-21 Adelaide

2:00 left in the first

Reply #170529 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Brisban lead 30 - 24 end of 1st.

Reply #170530 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Gee Dench brings a whole lot on both ends doesnt he!

Reply #170531 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

no statman no.

Reply #170532 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Compare him to Coops who is all heart and always 100% effort.

Sure he aint themost talented player by a long way but his attitude is what a lot of the squad is lacking

Reply #170534 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

WHAT THE HELL.

BENCH DODMAN!

PLEASEE!!!!!!

SO FRUSTRATING!!

Reply #170535 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

2 mins left in the 2nd quarter and Hodge on track for triple double with 6 points, 7 boards and 7 assists. Looks like we've just gone on a good run to put us up by 3.

Reply #170536 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Wow, yep, a 20 to 4 run. Impressive stuff.

Reply #170537 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Adelaide up by 61 - 59.

Ebi unstoppable.

Reply #170538 | Report this post

hodgey!  
Years ago

hodge has made some awesome passes! such a playmaker

copes got hot!

balls is hot!

ebi has hit two 30 footers

very entertaining half

awesome run by adelaide with three after three, capped off with a hodge dunk

so horny...

Reply #170539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Julius Hodge has rekindled you Adelaide fellas lov for basketball and th 36ers. Ebi Ere is the best player in this league by so far it isn't even close.

Reply #170540 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Damn this game has been great, Julius drive and dish, Brad Davidson with a few long 3's, Copes suddenly caught fire with 3 3's in a row I think. Ng has been good, some nice penetration, Coops is doing his thing in the defensive paint, Balls is playing v steady and hopefully will break out in the second. Love the lack of D and travel calls! Ebi for MVP, he is off tap!

Reply #170541 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Hehe, if 18 in a half is steady, i wanna see him "break out"!

Reply #170542 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Kad, my bad, I guess what I meant is the points seemed to come so easy for him, before ya know it he has 18. I still think he can raise it another notch or two :)

Reply #170544 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Adelaide up 86 - 77 with the 4th to come.

Reply #170545 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Hodge has a double-double at 3/4.

Reply #170546 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Ugh, seriously, three of the weakest refs in the league tonight and its showing. Holding up an Adelaide transition to warn the bench?

Also, there is the one ref who INSISTS on blowing his whistle when the points are good. Is this a new FIBA mechanic? Either way, it sux so bad.

Reply #170548 | Report this post

bbgun  
Years ago

Sixers up 107 to 86 about 6 mins to go.

Reply #170550 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

Hodge has just got his triple double. The first one by a 6er since 1994 by Rob Rose.

This is turning into a bit of a blow out.

Reply #170551 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Hodge...

Jason Kidd like triple double....

Reply #170552 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Hodge 23 12 13

HUGE

Reply #170553 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

BREHENY HIT COURT!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #170554 | Report this post

bbgun  
Years ago

Sixers 126 to 97 1.25 min to go, 5023 spectators

Reply #170555 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

This is just fricken insane.

When was the last time we belted someone like this.

Even the kids and lighting it up from outside.

Reply #170556 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

133 - 97. Solid win.

Reply #170557 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

HUGGGGGEEEE WINNNNNNNNNN!!!

CMONNNN SIXXXEERRSS!!!

nice coaching phil, veri nice!.

Reply #170558 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Whatever it takes to keep Hodge we have to do it... Mortgage the Dome if we have to.

This kid needs to locked in next to Balls.

Reply #170559 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

Get that cheque book out now Mal

Reply #170560 | Report this post

hodgey!  
Years ago

a-men TR

Reply #170561 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i've said it before... if Hodge finds a consistent shot (he didn't tonight), he'll be back in the NBA... that IS the only reason why he isnt in it.

Maher, Davidson, Ng, Hodge and Balls.

THOSE 5 ARE A MUST TO BE RETAINED.

Reply #170562 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Close to say the hole team minus dench and sutton to reatain. Imagine if we were minus injuries and chappell where we could be?.

Reply #170564 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Awesome.

Reply #170565 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

What a massive turnaround from an almost 50 point drubbing the other week!

If we can sneak into the finals and Hodge and Balls keep doing what they're doing then no one's gonna want to come up against us. Kings by 23 the other week, Bullet by 36 this week, when it works we've got the firepower to blow the big guns out of the water.

Reply #170566 | Report this post

coach  
Years ago

I was not truly convinced that hodge was as good as everyone said until tonight. he dominated and lifted the 6ers in the last

Reply #170578 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

BEST GAME OF THE YEAR, HODGE TRIPLE DOUBLE FIRST SINCE ROSE,

Reply #170580 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

This is going to sound stupid after his 36 points but did anyone notice Ballinger labouring a bit. Seemed a like he was a bit sluggish at times. Maybe carrying an injury??

Of course if he is carrying an injury that just makes his last few games HUGE efforts, tonight once again was on fire shooting.

Reply #170582 | Report this post

James W  
Years ago

"If you can't kick this teams ass, you can't kick anyone's ass"

Hey Joey...the situation in terms of injury and fatigue was reversed this time around...and guess what? so was the result.

Reply #170586 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Hodge is a keeper , say it now ...
More than anything else he lifts and feeds off the crowd like many before him .
A real buzz to watch him play . even his freebies looked a little better tonight .

Ng , electric , still some mistakes but he is steadily gaining that next level confidence .

What a rollercoaster this last half season has been .
If we made THE decision at the right time we may be crawling toward top 4 instead of scraping hard at bottom of barrel 8 .

Reply #170588 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

Did my heart good to see that.

For my next wish, can we be consistent please.

Reply #170589 | Report this post

Shirley Schmidt  
Years ago

Hey Thomo, what about John Rillie's triple double v North Melbourne 05-07-1997 - 19pts, 10 rebounds and 10 assists at the Powerhouse ? Robert Rose's was in 1994 !

Reply #170590 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

Wow what a crowd, just got home and the hair on the back of my neck is still standing on end.

PS for PM ;)

Reply #170591 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

First triple double since 1994, Ballinger goes off for 36, Ng hits 20.

Terrific shooting! Cooper rebounding well and towards the end..

C Dodman
F Breheny
F Gerlach
G Sutton
G Burdon

and they improved the scoreline...

Absolutely Awesome. Life in Phil yet...

Reply #170592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

F&^$(ng loved it!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #170593 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Yes, 47 points in the last qtr. Hodge drew two early fouls on Ere. It was all great.

Reply #170594 | Report this post

Ms Anonymous  
Years ago

Just got home from the game, and what a game it was. Team were great, crowd were great, atmosphere was electric. Well done sixers.

Reply #170595 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Man, did I get off the couch when Erik put up that second 3. Would have been simply amazing if that dropped!

Ng. Amazing talent. Throw money at him.
Balls. Must be resigned.
Hodge. Awesome, but needs a jumper. Gibbo was giving him 4 steps.
Coops. Look at his stats. He deserves his spot on next years roster.
Davidson. War horse. He is our Boucher, only with skills.
Doddman. Wasn't horrible but yeah. Did he go through Sturt Juniors? Wonder where he learned to shoot free throws like that.
Copes. Such a champ. True legend of the NBL.
Sutts. Last chance wasted.
Ench. Why is he so bad? Im sure he can be fixed in the off-season.

Reply #170596 | Report this post

billups 1  
Years ago

omfg, now that was a excellent game of basketball from our boys, i dont thin ballinger was carrying an injury, they just subbed him off with 4 mins to go beacuse we are playing tommorow night and the boys need to be rested well. Omg im excited. And i get to see the replay tommorow morning on channel 9!!!!!!! ahhaha omg still cannot believe it, seriusly i told my mate just before coming into the domw that we were probably gna lose by 10 + pts. Sweet revenge after tehy gave us our worst loss in our proud history!!!!!

Reply #170597 | Report this post

itwas97  
Years ago

Refer above 123abc. Last triple double was in 1997 !

Reply #170598 | Report this post

Anon2d  
Years ago

That was fun to watch. Brisbane are NO chance of winning the title this year - too much being asked of CJ and Ebi.

Balls and Hodge - best import duo in the NBL, bar NONE. And Darren Hg was terrific yet again.

Reply #170599 | Report this post

Anon2d  
Years ago

Ooops NG

Reply #170600 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

GREAT GAME!

NG is turning into the new prodigal son of the Dome. Ebi's massive 3 at the half was amazing! I expected more of CJ in the 4th but he never really got involved in the 4th and was consiquently subbed. Sixers only had 4 turnovers in the first half, which is very good considering the way they were playing. Bradshaw looked quite early on and I was thinkin he could go for 25+ with his size and athleticism.

Was Julius Hodge's triple the first of the season from any team?

Reply #170604 | Report this post

Bake  
Years ago

Filmer did his best to stuff us up again. Is he incompetent or a cheat?

Reply #170605 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

BTW the girl singing the national anthem was good

Reply #170606 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

Hodge had Adelaide's first triple double since John Rillie did against Nth Melb -19p, 10r & 10a in 1997. Hodge also had the most assists in a triple double by an Adelaide player (13).

Reply #170610 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Ballinger is carrying a sore back. Hodge loves playing for PS. All the critics. Pffft!
Well done sixers. I always knew you had it in you.

Reply #170615 | Report this post

hmmm  
Years ago

2 good games does not make a season Dana

Reply #170616 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Very very entertaining game. From the mid-way point in the 2nd quarter, the Sixers just went nuts. Copeland started the surge hitting 3 massive threes and the rest of the team just rode the momentum.

This game made up for me missing the Sydney game - although there is nothing quite as sweet as beating a Goorjian coached Kings.

Let's hope we can repeat the dose tomorrow against the Blaze.

Reply #170618 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

great game as everyone said. The thing for me is the way Hodge really loves seeing his teammates excel, he had a great big smile when dodman had a chance for a 3 point play, he was on his feet when the young guys were playing out the final minutes. I caught the very last minutes of the radio as i was going out the car park and they said it best he has confidence and it rubs off on all the players and he just never gives up.

That said this game means squat if we don't back up tomorrow and get that game. does anyone know if they are trying to ink hodge at all, i know ballinger is waiting till the end of the year or is it see what coach we have kinda situation.

Reply #170619 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I also now wish to jump on the bandwagon and say please sign Hodge for next year. He is Farley of 2001-2 (but without the 3-point range). But what you do know is that he is not going to become the Farley of 2006-7 lounging around outside the three point line chucking up crap.

Yes, he is a keeper.

Reply #170620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love Farley and always will, even though he was shit in 2006-7.

If Hodge stays I reckon he will be heaps better.

Reply #170630 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

hmmm I've been to plenty more than 2 good games.

Reply #170631 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

James W, what do you mean by the situation in terms of injury and fatigue was reversed? Throughout these threads there is a distinct oversight about a certain player that we have off injured at the moment, so the injury woes are not reversed. Also, you can hardly call fatigue a reversal when the Bullets have not played since Wednesday and travelled a day ahead for the game tonight. When Adelaide played in Brisbane 2 weeks ago, it was their 3rd game in 3 4 (Mod: ;-])days, they played the night before and travelled the next day to play their game in Brisbane that night. Tonight's win by the 36ers was extra special. They did it against a reasonably rested Bullets team, unlike what they had to endure 2 weeks ago in Brisbane. It was also the same Bullets team that quite comfortably beat the Tigers 3 days earlier on Tiger's territory.

Reply #170634 | Report this post

hmmm  
Years ago

Not this season though Dana !!

Reply #170638 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Dunno where you've been hmmm but I've been to some good games even if sixers haven't won.

Reply #170641 | Report this post

Anon#170626  
Years ago

Agree Dana,

Last few weeks Kings, Tigers and Bullets, and thats only in the few weeks.

Will also rememeber with very fond memories

Round 3 - 36ers 115 def. Dragons 108

Round 9 - 36ers 96 def. Dragons 93

Round 11 - 36ers 125 def. Razorbacks 118

Looking forward to the Feb 9th.

If we lose, so be it, but if we retain the majourity of our list, as I have said in other threads, I think we will perform much better next season.

Reply #170646 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

Its easy to say we have the best two imports in the league at the moment, but we should not forget Darren Hg has made huge improvements in his game in recent weeks.
He now has an excellent post entry pass, and fed Adam quite a few times. His passing as well as everything else has improved, whether its Julius's influence or he is just finally getting his act together, he is massively improved of recent times.

Reply #170647 | Report this post

Anon#170626  
Years ago

Is it a coincidence that Daren has flourished in Brett's absence?

It is very important that we convince him that medicine will wait until basketball has finished!

Reply #170649 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Best 2 imports? Hardly. Ebi is tons better. Hodge cant shoot from further than 10 foot.

Reply #170652 | Report this post

Anon#170626  
Years ago

How many did Ebi score tonight????

You just cannot count how important Hodges positive influence is to thid tesm.

Reply #170654 | Report this post

Anon#170626  
Years ago

"to this team".

It's very late.

Reply #170656 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

We must be watching different leagues. Ebi only scored 23. Did you happen to see how he made those points?

Reply #170657 | Report this post

Bake  
Years ago

Yes mainly from open shots outside of the three point line. Seventeen points in the first half and six points in the second when more concerted defensive pressure was applied. On last nights performance Julius Hodge was the premier import if only for the fact that he made his teamates better.

Reply #170665 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

Dont get me wrong Ebi is great, but one thing I noticed with him tonight is he doesnt seem to like to drive much

Reply #170666 | Report this post

billups 1  
Years ago

yeh and did u not see julius hodge' magnificent play last night "kad"? i mean, 25 points 13 assists, and 12 rebounds? clearly the premier import last night and over the past 2 weeks in the NBL. Ebi Ere has been the best import over the season however last night he didnt seem to do anything else except shoot the open J - which at times were magnificent with those last 2 3 's from over 30 feet out lol ,however he didnt drive and i think ended up wit 1 assist?. SO Hodge was great alst night as with Ballinger, who had a much better game then Dusty.

Reply #170686 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

an all around player who gets everyone involve is far better than a scorer. give me hodge over ebi anyday, jumpshot or not.

Reply #170699 | Report this post

hmmm  
Years ago

Dana only one of those games was against a team higher on the ladder, the other two against the league wooden spooner. Hardly performances to get excited about. Remove the rose coloured glasses !

Reply #170705 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Hodge is a keeper. Lock him in now. He is great for this team and the fans.

Lock up Balls ASAP and find a suitable import when he naturalises.

Lock up Ng.

Why couldn't we play this good all season though. A great game last night. I loved it @ The Dome.

Reply #170734 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'd like everyone to spare a thought for Ben Fitz. When Adelaide beat Sydney, he was at a wedding (not his own though). Last night, he was on his honeymoon. What timing to have missed, without doubt, the two biggest games of the year!

Thought Ere penetrated, got up, settled and took very measured shots. His two threes to close the first half were monstrous.

Still, in that game, his team went to crap in the second half and were thoroughly steam-rolled by even the 36ers' extended bench.

Ballinger, Hodge and Ng were exceptional.

Imagine if we had seen Hodge play all season. Doubt that would've been his only triple double, or that he couldn't have broken 40.

Reply #170781 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Absolutely NO CHANCE of removing non existent Rose coloured glasses. Sixers are still my favourite team. Win, lose or draw. Sure it's disappointing & frustrating when they lose. But I guess I must have the same affliction of seeing the positives rather than always focusing on the negatives. No need for me to worry about the -ves because so many on here do that all the time.
I'll stick to the half full cup thanks. And whatever happens, I'm gonna be at the Dome cheering them on for many seasons to come. (Even if from my perspective, the unthinkable happens and Shane Heal is the coach - God help us.)

Reply #170815 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:28 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754