BADASSMOFO
Years ago

Dragons need a big name player

After the sacking of first coach mark price-BIGGEST MISTAKE in the history of nbl bball,getting rid of the biggest name ever to grace our shores AND the recent shane heal debacle; im calling for cowan to go balls out to save the club B4 he loses many more fans.My proposition is for the club to sign a big name player from the NBA.Yes its gonna cost shitloads of money and your gonna bring in someone whose best years are unfortunately well behind them.A veteran nba player who has had a high profile career but is on the way out.I know its a bit of a gimmick but the nbl and the dragons need this right now.They did it in the A- LEAGUE with sydney and dwight york.Obviously this player will probably be 35 years plus but regardless of the win loss record youll pull a crowd and i garanteee you wont go worse than this year.what does everyone think?????

Topic #14481 | Report this topic

MW  
Years ago

Wasn't Shane Heal an ex NBA player?

Reply #170567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go after Michael Olowokandi.

Just please... don't touch or attempt on getting Julius Hodge.

Reply #170568 | Report this post

BADASSMOFO  
Years ago

IM TALKING ABOUT A MUCH BIGGER NAME WELL KNOWN THROUGHOUT THE WORLD

Reply #170573 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

BADASSMOFO there is such thing as a salary cap in the NBL! No exceptions for players like in the A-League!

Reply #170574 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pippen

Reply #170575 | Report this post

BADASSMOFO  
Years ago

Well well just have to work around the cap all the successfull teams know how to cook the books.I think its a cop out to say it cant happen.LOOK the dragons had a former USA player Ex nba allstar to coach B4,so why cant the get a has been BIG NAME player to come here to play for his final year of his career.you guys a knocking a quality idea.its time to think outside the circle.

Reply #170577 | Report this post

Sorry to upset you 170568, but Voldemort will be coaching interstate next season and, baring NBA intervention, J.H. will be with him.

Reply #170579 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

If you're a big name NBA player in the twilight of your career do you:

a) try and get that elusive NBA ring as a back up on an NBA roster while making US$5 million + per season

or

b) play in Europe and make ¬5 million + per season

or

c) try and win a ring in some little league on the other side of the world making less than 1/10th what you'd be on in the big show

Remember Price had no coaching experience before he came out and also that a coach's salary is not included in the cap - using Price as a precedent for getting a big name player is not realistic.

Sorry to put out your fire but logistically it's not going to happen.

Reply #170583 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

lok out FELLAS , big Maxxy Walker is coming at ya . Sorry big name BADASSMOFO nicely put together but
winning next year may be a bit more important than stringing some high octane sentences together to pull one out the roost , good luck to ya , your sure gonna need it . shee a shoon you slippery little shizzbich . sure beats the hell out of beating the hell out of it .

Reply #170584 | Report this post

James W  
Years ago

They don't need a big name player...they needed to get rid of Heal, and they did it 1 and 4/5 seasons too late.

Reply #170587 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

LAWLZ @ this thread....

Reply #170601 | Report this post

BADASSMOFO  
Years ago

JUDGING from the feedback im getting here it seems billo thinks i should throw this idea into the too hard basket.i still think my idea has merit,is anyone prepared to back my call??

Reply #170609 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

That we should bring in a big name NBA player? No one is arguing with you there, it would be great. But which big name NBA player do you think will:
1)Want to come down here instead of playing in the NBA, and then....
2)Would do it for < $250k?

And just BTW, the Cowan decision wasn't the 'BIGGEST MISTAKE in the history of nbl bball', from pretty much all accounts, the guy wasn't delivering and most were OK with the decision.

Reply #170623 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

How about you ask your beloved dragons to stop clutching at straws by going after every gimmick in the book, and just get in the right players to do the job and just focus on winning games ?!

Reply #170627 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

get mutombo baby

Reply #170628 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Go after Dennis Rodman again baby. He'll definitely fill up an arena love him or hate him. People will be curious to see him up close. They almost did it pre-season as a 1 game guest player.

Hakeem Olajuwon could be fit to go again?

Reply #170735 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

the sacking of first coach mark price-BIGGEST MISTAKE in the history of nbl bball
Couldn't disagree with this more!

Reply #170772 | Report this post

BADASSMOFO  
Years ago

hell yeah isaac thats what im talkinABOUT

Reply #170894 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I was disagreeing with you. Sacking Price was the right move - from what every insider has said, he wasn't very good at all.

Reply #170932 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:02 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754