Anonymous
Years ago

The Refs in the NBL

The referees are sooo bad in the nbl, yet they can get away with it because as soon as someone says something they are fined. I don't think its right. Does anyone make them accountable? They make so many bad calls both ways surely something has to be done?

Topic #14485 | Report this topic

Harry Hopeless  
Years ago

Is that you Benn hoping for a game?

Reply #170659 | Report this post

ref1  
Years ago

There speaks someone who thinks he know what goes on!!! If I were you I would worry about how the teams are playing, or not playing!!!

Reply #170661 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

There is a ref coach at every game who gives them a run down post game of mistakes and even the good calls they made. And before you ask, yes they are tough because i used to know one and he gave them a blast if they got things wrong.

Reply #170664 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Sixers won last night , so I am not bitching "the refs lost it for us" The problem last night, like most other nights, is the lack of consistence. To call a charge or a block is always a difficult one, but last night was very inconsistent - disadvantage to both teams.

When a defender takes 3 sideways steps into the path of lay up, that is a block. When a player drops his shoulder and changes his path to initiate contact - that is a charge.

A player can take 2 steps before getting rid of the ball, not five like Dusty did in one layup and 3 like Julius did in another.

I think the refs had a problem counting to 3 last night. Half of the Brisbane players were in the key so long last night they had to sign a lease!

Always makes me laugh when they count time to get the ball over half - that's to 8. Can't get 3!!

Reply #170683 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I've seen a lot of inconsistency throughout the season. But Refereeing is a hard job and we always need a Ref.

Reply #170739 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The stand-out bad call for me last night was Bradshaw getting called for a travel - I thought he was clearly fouled twice, but didn't have the benefit of a replay. A number of other calls either way that would've confused coaches from both teams.

I have a question for those that are referees or have refereed: when Julius flails his right arm out while dribbling past (clearly extended from his body), is that a block on the defender (as was called a couple of times late in the game), a non-call, or a 'hooking' call on Hodge?

Reply #170758 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

The worst call from last night's game was Dusty out of court passing to Hill for the lay-up. Shocking call.

Another shocking call I re-call seeing early in the season and I forget who the opponent was. But basically Brett Maher was sprinting to the basket on a fast break only to be tackled from behind and thrown out of bounds. No foul call @ all and definitely no unsportsmanlike.

Reply #170879 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Darren Ng has even been called for a couple of soft unsportsmanlike fouls such as a pre season game this season.

Reply #170881 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:24 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754